Author Topic: Manchin crosses party lines in officially endorsing Murkowski  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin crosses party lines in officially endorsing Murkowski
« on: February 06, 2022, 10:15:54 pm »
By Mychael Schnell - 02/06/22 05:00 PM EST

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) crossed party lines on Sunday and officialy endorsed Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) in her reelection race.

“I'm endorsing my dear friend Lisa Murkowski,” Manchin said alongside the Alaska senator during a joint-interview with CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“Alaska could only be so lucky to have her continue to serve them,” he added.

The announcement came after co-anchor Jake Tapper noted that Manchin supported Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) when she was running for reelection in 2020.

Manchin said it is “hypocritical” that lawmakers “work with a person day in and day out, and then, when they're in cycle, you're supposed to be against them because they have an R or a D by their name."

“If these are good people I have worked with, we have accomplished a lot, why in the world wouldn't I want to work with them and continue to work with them? It doesn't matter whether I'm a Democrat and they're Republican, or vice versa. They have been my dear friends, and we get a lot accomplished. And we -- I think the country has fared better with us working together than not,” he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/593041-manchin-crosses-party-lines-in-officially-endorsing-murkowski
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Manchin crosses party lines in officially endorsing Murkowski
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 11:07:40 pm »
Stop with the favors Joey!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 03:01:14 am »
Manchin didn't cross party lines by endorsing Murkowski. A DCP senator endorsed another DCP senator. That should be a nail in the coffin for Murkowski.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 03:06:03 am »
Collins and Murkowski, Republicans?!? That's a stretch.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 03:17:06 am »
With friends like Manchin has... we don't need any enemies.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 03:19:32 am »
Manchin didn't cross party lines by endorsing Murkowski. A DCP senator endorsed another DCP senator. That should be a nail in the coffin for Murkowski.

B-I-N-G-O
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 03:21:35 am »
Collins and Murkowski, Republicans?!? That's a stretch.

With Sen. Lujan (D-NM) out for the next couple of months, it looks like the Democrats have regained their 50th Senator.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 03:41:22 am »
Stop with the favors Joey!!!

Schilling for schumer... trying to counter Trumps primary endorsements??

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 03:54:20 am »

:crossed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 01:41:10 pm »
Manchin is, and always will be, a loyal Democrat. Do not be fooled by his occasional bouts of fiscal responsibility.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 02:30:50 pm »
Manchin is, and always will be, a loyal Democrat. Do not be fooled by his occasional bouts of fiscal responsibility.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2022, 03:35:24 pm »
So now Joe Manchin is the Republican king maker??   :pondering:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 04:01:29 pm »
The line around this swamp is a line that Manchin did not cross.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2022, 04:04:22 pm »
So now Joe Manchin is the Republican king maker??   :pondering:

I don't think this makes him a king-maker, but Murkowski's district is clearly very purplish, so this probably carries some weight with her constituents.

It is what it is.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2022, 07:18:40 pm »
Manchin is a bigtime scammer.  Here's an example of how he gets funds to West Virginia.  It is off the backs of the rest of us.
All other states use state money to do the same thing.  It is not a federal responsibility but a state one as the state regulates its internal oil and gas industry.

MANCHIN, CAPITO AND MCKINLEY ANNOUNCE $141 MILLION FROM BIPARTISAN INFRASTRUCTURE LAW TO CLEAN UP LEGACY OF ABANDONED WELLS
Orphaned Well Clean-Up Will Create Good-Paying Jobs, Ensure Healthy Communities And Revitalize Rural Economies
Washington, DC – Today, U.S. Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV), Chairman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, and Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) and Representative David McKinley (R-WV) announced West Virginia is eligible for $141,932,226 from the Department of the Interior to plug, remediate and reclaim orphaned oil and gas wells. The first phase of funding includes up to $25,000,000 in initial grants and another $30,293,000 in the first phase of formula grants. This funding was made possible by the recently enacted bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and will simultaneously reduce methane emissions, clean up the environment and help reinvigorate communities across West Virginia impacted by abandoned oil and gas wells.

“For generations, West Virginians have made tremendous sacrifices and done the heavy lifting that built our nation. The investments from my bipartisan infrastructure law will continue recognizing West Virginia’s enormous contributions and reinvest in our communities by cleaning up abandoned oil and gas wells, creating new opportunities to rebuild and thrive while keeping our rivers, lakes, and lands healthy for generations to come. I’m pleased with the Administration’s commitment to quickly and effectively implement the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and I look forward to seeing our state move quickly to put these funds to work,” Chairman Manchin said.

https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-capito-and-mckinley-announce-141-million-from-bipartisan-infrastructure-law-to-clean-up-legacy-of-abandoned-wells
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2022, 11:13:50 pm »

Bovine Fecal Matter!  No lines were crossed with this one!  Both are Dimocrats despite the letter behind their names.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien