Author Topic: Schumer omits Thurgood Marshall from history in Supreme Court justices quip  (Read 251 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Schumer omits Thurgood Marshall from history in Supreme Court justices quip
by Kaelan Deese, Breaking News Reporter |
 | February 03, 2022 02:22 PM

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer on Thursday erroneously claimed that the Supreme Court was composed of all white men "until 1981," glossing over Thurgood Marshall, the first black justice.

"Until 1981, this powerful body, the Supreme Court, was all white men. Imagine," Schumer said on the Senate floor. "America wasn't all white men in 1981, or ever. Under President Biden and this Senate majority, we're taking historic steps to make the courts look more like the country they serve."

Schumer later acknowledged in a tweet that he "misspoke" during his speech, apologizing for the error. "Of course, I remember the dedication and legal excellence that Thurgood Marshall brought to the Supreme Court," he said.

Schumer's mention of 1981 serves as a reference to the nomination of Sandra Day O'Connor by President Ronald Reagan, making her the first woman to join the nation's highest court. The nomination and Senate confirmation of Justice Clarence Thomas, the second black Supreme Court justice, came a decade later.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/schumer-claims-no-black-scotus-justices-until-1981
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

In other words, he lied, and should be called out on it.

Dave Gray
@docgray81
Replying to @thehill and @SenSchumer
This white guy has some questions:

12:43 PM · Feb 3, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I heard Thurgood Marshall snored loudly....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

I heard Thurgood Marshall snored loudly....
I heard he was a drooling, demented old man by the end of his "service" on the Supreme Court (even worse than Biden is now).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I imagine old Chucky will claim he is still waiting for the first black President to be elected some day as well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington