Author Topic: GOP to Tucker Carlson: We’re the decision-makers on Ukraine, not you  (Read 207 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

By Andrew Desiderio

02/01/2022 06:03 PM EST

Republican senators are unmoved by Tucker Carlson’s relentless warpath against support for Ukraine — even as it widens an existing rift in their party.

The Fox News prime time host and others on the far-right have excused and even rationalized Russia’s aggression toward Ukraine and downplayed its relevance to U.S. national security. And while GOP senators are shrugging off his name-and-shame campaign, Carlson’s views are permeating the GOP base in a way that could undermine Republicans’ efforts to emphasize cross-party unity as they seek to deter a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

“On individuals up here who are decision-makers, I don’t hear any disagreement about the position Russia is in,” Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said in a brief interview. “Russia is the aggressor. … Ukraine has every right, as a sovereign nation, to have their borders respected. Russia’s not doing that.”

The disconnect between the GOP foreign policy establishment and the pro-Donald Trump base of the party on the value of intervening in foreign quagmires isn’t new. But the crisis in Ukraine is exposing the widening gulf between the two camps when it comes to committing U.S. resources in support of fledgling democracies under siege by authoritarian regimes.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/01/gop-tucker-carlson-ukraine-00004370
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: GOP to Tucker Carlson: We’re the decision-makers on Ukraine, not you
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 06:58:24 pm »
The US has every right to have it's border respected but these a$$holes couldn't care less about that. Take care of America first before you worry about other countries.

Offline LMAO

Re: GOP to Tucker Carlson: We’re the decision-makers on Ukraine, not you
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 07:30:31 pm »
The US has every right to have it's border respected but these a$$holes couldn't care less about that. Take care of America first before you worry about other countries.

Right

I wish our overlords would have the same sense of urgency about our own border as they do about everybody else’s
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy