Author Topic: 'Did You Not Prepare For This Hearing?' Cruz Laces Into Biden Judicial Nominee  (Read 352 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Hill 2/1/2022

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing Tuesday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) laced into Kenly Kiya Kato, nominee to be a United States District Judge for the Central District Of California over a paper she wrote in law school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbjbi9E71cI

Offline DB

Why should any "judge" be allowed to be blatantly dishonest on their job interview for higher court?

Offline Hoodat

If she can't even clarify her belief today on racial discrimination, regardless of what she wrote in 1995, then she disqualifies herself for any judicial position including the one she currently holds.  It's a simple question.  "Is racial discrimination wrong, yes or no?"
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How dare she disparage the name and legacy of President Ronald Wilson Reagan!  For shame!

Judge Kato doesn't have the chops to politically survive in D.C.  No amount of context can save her.

Terrible nominee.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I admit to having mixed feelings when it comes to Ted Cruz,but he is NOT someone you want to piss off in a debate.

I am sincere when I say I suspect he is one of the brightest creatures in politics,and anyone that takes him lightly is a fool.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rustynail

Hair in the eyes is a good look for a 'judge'?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I would disqualify her as incompetent to give a straight answer to simple questions and the fact she hides half her face at all times from view.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why should any "judge" be allowed to be blatantly dishonest on their job interview for higher court?

:yowsa: Excellent question @DB
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
... but he is NOT someone you want to piss off in a debate.

I am sincere when I say I suspect he is one of the brightest creatures in politics, and anyone that takes him lightly is a fool.
:amen:

Offline Killer Clouds

Her initials are KKK. Of course she's ok with racial discrimination.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I would disqualify her as incompetent to give a straight answer to simple questions and the fact she hides half her face at all times from view.

It could be 2X worse:  She could show both sides of that face.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: