Author Topic: 3 Myths From Trans Folklorists That Allow Men Like Lia Thomas To Hurt Themselves And Others  (Read 82 times)

Offline Kamaji

3 Myths From Trans Folklorists That Allow Men Like Lia Thomas To Hurt Themselves And Others

By Walt Heyer
February 03, 2022

Changing genders is a myth and trans folklorists who promote it are harming people, especially children vulnerable to believing fairy tales can come true.

University of Pennsylvania transgender swimmer Lia Thomas, a man, has smashed records and shocked sensibilities. Thomas’s performance illustrates the effects and absurdity of denying differences between the sexes, especially men’s obvious bodily advantages in sports.

Thomas presumably fulfilled the NCAA’s policy requiring trans athletes to suppress testosterone levels for a designated time before competing on the woman’s team. In January, the NCAA tweaked the rules to place sport-specific limits on testosterone levels. The policy still falls short by ignoring the unchanging enhanced muscle strength and endurance amassed during male puberty.

Caitlyn Jenner (formerly Bruce), an elite Olympian athlete, weighed in on the Thomas controversy, saying him competing as a woman isn’t fair to women athletes. Jenner says his physical advantages are still apparent many years after transition.

“In Lia Thomas’s case, I don’t care about her testosterone levels now for the last year or two,” Jenner said. “Honestly, I care about her testosterone levels for the first 16, 17 years of her life. That’s what we are fighting against here.”

As a man who formerly identified as a woman, I now clearly see — with the benefit of 30 years of hindsight and reflection — a similar flaw in my thinking that led me astray. Like the people setting NCAA policies, I neglected to consider that it was categorically impossible to biologically change my internal male morphology: my skeletal structure, body mass, muscle strength, and myriad other sexually determined attributes.

Myth 1: Sex and Gender Are Separate and Assigned

Myth 2: Hormones and Surgery Can Change Men into Women and Women into Men

Myth 3: And They Lived Happily Ever After…

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/03/3-myths-from-trans-folklorists-that-allow-men-like-lia-thomas-to-hurt-themselves-and-others/