Author Topic: FEC Records Show Democratic Rep. Jahana Hayes Used Campaign Funds To Pay Family Thousands Of Dollars  (Read 232 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FEC Records Show Democratic Rep. Jahana Hayes Used Campaign Funds To Pay Family Thousands Of Dollars

Henry Rodgers
Senior Congressional Correspondent
February 01, 2022 8:16 PM ET

A fundraising group authorized by Democratic Connecticut Rep. Jahana Hayes has paid her family tens of thousands of dollars, using campaign contributions from donors to pay them since entering Congress, FEC records reviewed by the Daily Caller show.

During Q4 2021, Hayes used her campaign fund, called “Friends of Jahana Hayes,” to pay her son $15,118.54 since entering Congress. In 2018, the Hartford Courant reported Hayes’ son David Crenshaw, age 24, joined Hayes to celebrate her Congressional victory. The FEC records, reviewed by the Daily Caller, show that Hayes paid over $15,000 in increments of $282.47 each to a person with the name David Crenshaw under the category of “Payroll”.

Asia Clermont is Hayes’ daughter. “’I told my class that my mom was the National Teacher of the Year and that my family had met President Obama,’ said Asia Clermont, 28, the oldest of Hayes’ four children. ‘And I thought that would be the highlight of her life and her career,'” she added, according to the News Times.

During Q4 2021, “Friends of Jahana Hayes” paid Hayes’ daughter Asia Clermont $2,551.41 from her campaign fund in increments of $359.25 each, and since entering Congress, she has paid her daughter $21,299.03.

The Daily Caller contacted Hayes’ office about the payments to her family, to which they said both work for her campaign to be reelected.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/01/fec-records-jahana-hayes-campaign-funds-family-david-crenshaw-asia-clermont/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

"Mo' Money! Mo' Money! Mo' Money!"

Offline Kamaji

Isn't that illegal?

Offline Killer Clouds

Isn't that illegal?
It's only illegal when a republicant does it but not when a DCP disciple does it.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji