Author Topic: Jeff Zucker resigns from CNN  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jeff Zucker resigns from CNN
« on: February 02, 2022, 04:28:40 pm »
Jeff Zucker resigns from CNN
CNN, Feb , 2022

New York (CNN Business)CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker said Wednesday that he is resigning, effective immediately.

Zucker said in a memo, "As part of the investigation into Chris Cuomo's tenure at CNN, I was asked about a consensual relationship with my closest colleague, someone I have worked with for more than 20 years. I acknowledged the relationship evolved in recent years. I was required to disclose it when it began but I didn't. I was wrong. As a result, I am resigning today."

Zucker did not name his colleague in the memo, but the relationship is with Allison Gollust, the chief marketing officer for CNN. Gollust is remaining at CNN.

In an email to staffers sent shortly after Zucker's, Jason Kilar, the CEO of CNN parent WarnerMedia, said, "I have accepted Jeff Zucker's resignation as Chairman of WarnerMedia News and Sports, and President of CNN Worldwide. We thank Jeff for his contributions over the past 9 years."

Kilar added, "We will be announcing an interim leadership plan shortly. Both of these organizations are at the top of their respective games and are well prepared for their next chapters."

Zucker is one of the most powerful and influential executives in the media industry. His abrupt resignation comes as WarnerMedia is in the process of merging with Discovery. It also comes as CNN plans to launch a streaming service, CNN+, in the Spring.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/02/media/jeff-zucker-cnn/index.html

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Jeff Zucker resigns from CNN
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 04:39:36 pm »
Nope. I do not believe a word of this 'firing' being about a 20 year old fling.
Zucker is fired because CNN rating are being topped by Animal Planet and Cartoon Network.
Other than a Public Access Channel, CNN has the lowest ratings on cable TV.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 04:44:13 pm »
What was his blood alcohol level?  He was a lush when he was at NBC.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 04:45:18 pm »
So what will his official position at the DNC be?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 04:50:32 pm »
I acknowledged the relationship evolved in recent years. I was required to disclose it when it began but I didn't. I was wrong. As a result, I am resigning today.
Lame. There's no way this is the actual reason for his departure. As 240B said, CNN's ratings are abysmal, and that's what matters in TV.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 04:57:18 pm »
 :facepalm2:

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 04:59:58 pm »
ADIOS, JEFF ZUCKER!!! GOOD LUCK ON DANCING WITH THE STARS!!!— il Donaldo Trumpo (@PapiTrumpo) February 2, 2022

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 05:00:02 pm »
Joe Concha
@JoeConchaTV
People inside the building already have busy thumbs and there's much more to this Zucker story that goes well beyond a consensual relationship with a colleague. A few folks close to the former CNN president should be very nervous right now.
11:39 AM · Feb 2, 2022

Dr. Ricardo (Pro-Representative Republic) Harambe
@Richard_Harambe
Jeffery Toobin is the only person at CNN that keeps his hands to himself
11:24 AM · Feb 2, 2022·

Look at the Tater, trying to act like a reporter:
Brian Stelter
@brianstelter
Zucker did not name his colleague in the memo, but the relationship is with Allison Gollust, the chief marketing officer for CNN. Gollust is remaining at CNN.
11:13 AM · Feb 2, 2022·

Brian Stelter
@brianstelter
"Jeff and I have been close friends and professional partners for over 20 years. Recently, our relationship changed during COVID. I regret that we didn't disclose it at the right time," Allison Gollust says in a statement.
11:25 AM · Feb 2, 2022·

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 05:02:30 pm »

Jeff Zucker (quoting POTUS) what a stupid son of a bitch.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 05:05:15 pm »
Mark Hemingway
@Heminator
Take this piece with a grain of salt, but person Zucker had an affair with was Allison Gollust -- former comms director for none other than Andrew Cuomo.  Wonder if this influenced the network's bizarre and indefensible decisions regarding Chris Cuomo.
Radar Online: CNN Bosses Jeff Zucker & Allison Gollust Left Their Marriages After Alleged Romantic Affair, ‘Cozy Arrangement’ Dragged Into Chris Cuomo Scandal
11:22 AM · Feb 2, 2022

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 05:06:35 pm »
Mark Hemingway
@Heminator
Take this piece with a grain of salt, but person Zucker had an affair with was Allison Gollust -- former comms director for none other than Andrew Cuomo.  Wonder if this influenced the network's bizarre and indefensible decisions regarding Chris Cuomo.
Radar Online: CNN Bosses Jeff Zucker & Allison Gollust Left Their Marriages After Alleged Romantic Affair, ‘Cozy Arrangement’ Dragged Into Chris Cuomo Scandal
11:22 AM · Feb 2, 2022

That may be a more accurate reason for the resignation - the quid-pro-quo for political favors, not the affair simpliciter.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 05:25:08 pm »
   TTIUWP:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2022, 05:25:48 pm »
Allison Gollust

(Celine Dion look-a-like)

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 07:01:51 pm »
Megyn Kelly
@megynkelly
Zucker’s relationship with Gollust went on for years, and what he did to keep her near him (as he kept advancing her up the line) will be even more stunning to the CNN news room.
11:33 AM · Feb 2, 2022

A snippet from Katie Couric's book, tweeted by @comfortablysmug:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 07:07:07 pm »
Megyn Kelly
@megynkelly
Zucker’s relationship with Gollust went on for years, and what he did to keep her near him (as he kept advancing her up the line) will be even more stunning to the CNN news room.
11:33 AM · Feb 2, 2022

A snippet from Katie Couric's book, tweeted by @comfortablysmug:

Sounds like a charming guy, and a charming relationship.

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2022, 07:19:42 pm »
 pointing-down

Matthew Belloni
@MattBelloni

Potentially important: I’m told CNN received a litigation hold letter recently from Chris Cuomo lawyers, demanding, among other things, preservation of all communications between Zucker, comms chief Allison Gollust, and Andrew Cuomo.

12:31 PM · Feb 2, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2022, 07:29:33 pm »
Female CNN staff furious Allison Gollust still has a job after Jeff Zucker affair
NY Post, Feb 2, 2022

Female employees at CNN are furious that chief spokesperson Allison Gollust is keeping her job after lying about her affair with newly resigned CEO Jeff Zucker “for years,” sources told The Post. “Why is she allowed to keep her job, when she was promoted while sleeping with the boss?” a CNN insider railed.

"Why is she allowed to keep her job, when she was promoted while sleeping with the boss?” a CNN insider railed.

“CNN is supposed to be a transparent news network. How does she get away with lying about their affair for so long?”

Early Wednesday, Zucker sent a memo to colleagues announcing he’d be retiring after his relationship with Gollust came to light during CNN’s probe into Chris Cuomo. He called the relationship “consenusal” and told staff that he wished he’d disclosed it sooner.

Gollust released a statement shortly after saying that she and Zucker had been professional colleagues for over 20 years but their relationship “changed during COVID.”

One insider called the comments “a total lie.”

“They’ve been together for years,” the source dished.

“And she’s still lying about it today — the statement she made that ‘recently our relationship changed during Covid’ is a total lie.”

https://nypost.com/2022/02/02/female-cnn-staff-furious-allison-gollust-still-has-a-job-after-jeff-zucker-affair/

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2022, 08:12:57 pm »
 88devil

It's looking increasingly like the only employee at CNN who keeps his hands to himself is Jeffrey Toobin.— Claudia Tenney (@claudiatenney) February 2, 2022

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2022, 09:03:46 pm »
 Jeff Zucker Was 'Facing Termination if He Didn't Resign' From Network, Reports Brian Stelter
By Alex Griffing Feb 2nd

CNN media reporter Brian Stelter joined CNN Newsroom Wednesday to shed further light on CNN chief Jeff Zucker’s stunning resignation, announced earlier in the day.

Zucker cited in his resignation “that he had a “consensual relationship with my closest colleague, someone I have worked with for more than 20 years. I acknowledged the relationship evolved in recent years. I was required to disclose it when it began but I didn’t. I was wrong.”

“As a result, I am resigning today,” he added.

Stelter noted of the relationship, that “It happens in newsrooms. As we all know from time to time. You have an anchor and producer or two reporters who end up dating and they go to bosses and disclose it.”

“So, Warner Media here is saying because they did not disclose it, that Zucker is out,” Stelter continued.

more
https://www.mediaite.com/news/jeff-zucker-was-facing-termination-if-he-didnt-resign-from-network-reports-brian-stelter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2022, 09:35:19 pm »
""I would like to see CNN evolve back to the kind of journalism that it started with, and actually have journalists," claimed John Malone, the top shareholder of Discovery, which is poised to take over the network."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1461747950711971846

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2022, 09:36:16 pm »
""I would like to see CNN evolve back to the kind of journalism that it started with, and actually have journalists," claimed John Malone, the top shareholder of Discovery, which is poised to take over the network."  (Video)

Good luck with this, John.   :smokin:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2022, 09:42:15 pm »
Allison Gollust

(Celine Dion look-a-like)

Kinda plain, but not a barker like most liberal women.

At least we won't cringe and have mini-strokes every time her pic is posted.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2022, 09:55:20 pm »
You also have to wonder of this isn't Chris Cuomo Strikes Back playing out here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2022, 11:35:51 pm »
Can't tell the players without a scorecard?

Jimmy Vielkind
@JimmyVielkind
(1) Andrew Cuomo once hired Allison Gollust as comms director
(2) Andrew Cuomo felled by sexual harassment allegations
(3) Chris Cuomo felled by investigation after helping Andrew grapple with allegations
(4) Investigation of Chris Cuomo finds Jeff Zucker relationship w Gollust
11:15 AM · Feb 2, 2022·

More here:

https://twitter.com/JimmyVielkind/status/1488908257133580292

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2022, 12:07:18 am »
Truckistan Amb. Poso
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Chris Cuomo's legal team blew the whistle on the Zucker while negotiating his severance package. Cuomo argued that he should not be penalized for a conflict of interest with his brother when Zucker was guilty of his own
6:58 PM · Feb 2, 2022·