Author Topic: Donald Trump told Rudy Giuliani to call the Department of Homeland Security to see if it could take  (Read 993 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump told Rudy Giuliani to call the Department of Homeland Security to see if it could take control of voting machines: NYT report
Sarah Al-Arshani
Mon, January 31, 2022, 11:57 PM

Trump played a role in proposals to seize voting machines after the 2020 election.

He asked Giuliani to call the DHS about confiscating voting machines, The New York Times reported.

Trump weighed the prospect of using the military or the Justice Department to obtain the machines.

Former President Donald Trump asked Rudy Giuliani, his attorney, to call the Department of Homeland Security to see whether it could legally take control of voting machines in key states in December 2020, six weeks after the presidential election, The New York Times reported Monday.

Giuliani called Kenneth Cuccinelli, the acting deputy secretary at the Department of Homeland Security, who told him he did not have the authority to do so, The Times reported.

Insider previously reported people in Trump's orbit had written a draft executive order that was dated to December 2020 that mentioned using the Pentagon to seize machines.

That draft order was recently obtained by the House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection.

more
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-told-giuliani-call-department-055729913.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-DHS leader says conspiracy to seize voting machines could be crime
By Joseph Choi - 02/01/22 06:33 PM EST

Former Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson on Tuesday said any conspiracy to seize voting machines would potentially be criminal.

Johnson made the remarks on CNN one day after it was reported that Trump administration advisers had drafted an executive that would have directed his former department to seize voting machines in the U.S. to keep former President Trump in office.

"This is a very troubling scenario that we've apparently uncovered. It wasn't just some crazy idea floated by lawyers. It was an idea reduced to draft executive orders, which is very dangerous, very troubling, and yet more evidence of how a year ago in January 2021, our democracy really teetered on the brink," Johnson, who served under the Obama administration, said while appearing on CNN.

CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer asked Johnson if such an action potentially constituted criminality.

"It could potentially constitute a crime in my view," Johnson replied. "Certainly conspiring to seize voting machines, conspiring to hijack our election that way, to hijack our democracy, and I hope the Jan. 6 committee and even the Department of Justice are looking at this apparent evidence."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/592376-ex-dhs-leader-says-conspiracy-to-seize-voting-machines-could-be-crime
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

The walls are closing in...

Offline Hoodat

Ex-DHS leader says conspiracy to seize voting machines could be crime

Conspiracy?  He asked Giuliani a question.  Giuliani asked Cuccinelli a question.  Cuccinelli said 'no'.  Not seeing any conspiracy here to seize voting machines.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I would hope the directive draft included language like "impound" and "preserve evidence and the chain of evidence" in its text. Such impoundment might have preserved evidence that has since been destroyed, in direct violation of law.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"We got 'im now!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I bet Giuliani didn't use a pay phone.

You'd think he would have learned something prosecuting La Cosa Nostra.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online roamer_1

"It could potentially constitute a crime in my view," Johnson replied. "Certainly conspiring to seize voting machines, conspiring to hijack our election that way, to hijack our democracy, and I hope the Jan. 6 committee and even the Department of Justice are looking at this apparent evidence."

It is not a crime until an action is committed. In the end, the EO was NOT signed. Whatever designs they may have represented, they were not ACTED upon.

Offline Kamaji

Has this supposed EO been released to the public?  Do we know what it actually said, or just what people with ulterior motives are telling us it said?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Has this supposed EO been released to the public?  Do we know what it actually said, or just what people with ulterior motives are telling us it said?

Doesn't matter. If it was never signed it is meaningless. Except for media fodder that is.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Doesn't matter. If it was never signed it is meaningless. Except for media fodder that is.

Not necessarily.  It matters because it is evidence of what the author's state of mind was at the time that it was drafted.