Author Topic: More than 65 million Americans, from New Mexico to New York, are under winter weather alerts, as ano  (Read 1696 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We are supposed to get up to 16ins of snow here in Central Il..

https://twitter.com/CBSMornings/status/1488492688890638343
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Right now the Weather channel is saying mostly rain for us, with a little bit of snow on Sunday.

Offline Hoodat

Winter weather alerts?  During Winter?  Oh, the humanity!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Before Global Climate Change, we only had to worry about winter weather during Winter ... oh, it is Winter ... never mind.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This is what Global Climate Change looked like in 1978, when ManBearPig was just a twinkle in Al Gore's eye.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/how-thousands-of-cars-got-trapped-on-boston-highways-in-blizzard-of-1978/16533310#

My, how the climate has changed since then.  It's like night and day.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 06:29:35 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

Winter weather alerts?  During Winter?  Oh, the humanity!
It's the amount of ice and snow that's a little unusual.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Just rain for us, which is cool.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DefiantMassRINO

We'll probably start as rain, transition to sleet and ice, and maybe snow.  Ice / frezing rain is the worst.

Offline Hoodat

I feel a Dead song coming on.

Cold Rain and Snow (Oakland '81)

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This is what Global Climate Change looked like in 1978, when ManBearPig was just a twinkle in Al Gore's eye.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/how-thousands-of-cars-got-trapped-on-boston-highways-in-blizzard-of-1978/16533310#

My, how the climate has changed since then.  It's like night and day.
How archaic, a blizzard, in the modern world of globull warming and climate change we have cyclone bombs! :silly:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
here in SoCal we are suffering mightily with highs in the 60's to 70's and lows in the mid 40's to 50's, winter is horrible here. Seriously though, everyone in those areas stay safe! What I think sucks is that here we really don't really get seasons and I do envy those of you that do!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

Wake me up BEFORE the reglaciation of New York, I don't want to miss that.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
At least 4 killed as powerful storm dumps record-breaking snow, U.S.

The Watchers 1/31/2022

https://watchers.news/2022/01/31/noreaster-snowfall-records-fatalities-january-2022/

At least 4 people died and more than 120 000 customers were left without power after a powerful Nor'easter hit the U.S. East Coast on Saturday, January 29, and Sunday, January 30, 2022. More than 16 million people were placed under winter weather alerts.

The storm rapidly intensified into a bomb cyclone on January 29 dropping heavy snow and producing hurricane-force winds. The heaviest snow was recorded in eastern Massachusetts where 78.48 cm (30.9 inches) was registered in Stoughton, about 32 km (20 miles) SW of Boston.

Snowfall rates in Boston reached 5 - 10 cm (2 - 4 inches) per hour, but even higher rates were registered in Norfolk County.1

Numerous locations broke daily snowfall records on January 29, including Boston which tied the record for biggest 1-day snowfall with 59.9 cm (23.6 inches).

The storm total is 60.4 cm (23.8 inches) but 5 mm (0.2 inches) fell on January 28. Its previous daily snowfall record for January 29 was just 93.9 cm (3.7 inches) set in 1928.

According to an AccuWeather analysis, the total of 60.4 cm (23.8 inches) makes for the seventh-largest snowfall event in Boston history.

Atlantic City, New Jersey crushed its all-time January snowfall record by Saturday, reaching a monthly total of 84.3 cm (33.2 inches) of snow. The previous record of 51.5 cm (20.3 inches) was set in 1987.

The city's 35.5 cm (14 inches) of snow Saturday also beat its previous record for the calendar date, which was set in 2014 at 18.5 cm (7.3 inches).2

The storm is blamed for the deaths of at least 4 people.

Three of the dead were found in the snow next to their shovels on Long Island, New York, on Saturday, while a snowplow driver found an elderly woman dead inside her vehicle overnight in Uniondale, NY.

The total number of flight cancellations within, into, or out of the United States reached 5 000. More than 2 600 flights were delayed within the country alone.

More: https://watchers.news/2022/01/31/noreaster-snowfall-records-fatalities-january-2022/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reporting from Central Il

Phase 1 is over...6ins

Phase 2 starts tonight with heavy snow, windy..blizzard conditions....est snow totals up to 15ins
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

Reporting from Central Il
Phase 1 is over...6ins
Phase 2 starts tonight with heavy snow, windy..blizzard conditions....est snow totals up to 15ins
Ugh. Did you get the ice? We're expecting 1/4" of ice tomorrow, followed by a few inches of snow.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ugh. Did you get the ice? We're expecting 1/4" of ice tomorrow, followed by a few inches of snow.

Very little ice here..that stayed south of us..
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

Looks like we're going to get mostly rain out here on LI.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The precipitation (currently rain) has just begun to fall here. This isn't supposed to be particularly heavy, and thanks to a southward shift in the trajectory, we're going to miss the worst of it. The main problem is going to be ice. The numbers I'm seeing for ice accumulation for the lower Ohio Valley are absolutely insane. Over an inch of ice?!

We're supposed to get mostly snow, and given how long it's going to be spread out, it might not even be the heaviest snowfall event  of the season (we've had a couple already).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:50:27 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As of now we have 7in on the ground...3 more are expected over night and 3 more tomorrow with windy conditions...Fri...sunny..yes!
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm getting deep-freeze weather alerts every few hours.
Apparently the weather services are taking this very seriously.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.