Author Topic: Austin to Governors: Guard Troops Must Get COVID-19 Vaccine  (Read 482 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Austin to Governors: Guard Troops Must Get COVID-19 Vaccine
« on: February 01, 2022, 01:15:51 am »
Austin to Governors: Guard Troops Must Get COVID-19 Vaccine

Monday, 31 January 2022 06:54 PM

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, in letters to seven governors, is reaffirming the need for members of their states' Army and Air National Guards to get the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine or lose their Guard status.

In nearly identical letters signed late last week, Austin tells the governors that the virus “takes our service members out of the fight, temporarily or permanently, and jeopardizes our ability to meet mission requirements,” according to copies obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

The letters, which have not been publicly released, come as the military services begin to ramp up the number of active-duty troops being discharged for refusing the vaccine. Nearly 600 Marines, airmen and sailors have been thrown out of the military or dismissed from entry-level training at boot camps as of last week.

Two of the letters — to Alaska and Texas state leaders — note that they have an ongoing lawsuit over the vaccine and that, Austin said, limited his abililty to comment further on their concerns.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/virus-outbreak-military-mandate/2022/01/31/id/1054860/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Austin to Governors: Guard Troops Must Get COVID-19 Vaccine
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 01:18:25 am »
Austin has no authority to do that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 01:21:28 am »
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, in letters to seven governors, is reaffirming the need for members of their states' Army and Air National Guards to get the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine or lose their Guard status.

Was that supposed to be some sort of a threat?

Kinda reminds me of Brer Rabbit begging the fox to not throw him in the briar patch,but reversed.

For one thing,this would mean none of the governors would have to worry about losing their NG troops to the feral goobermint,and then being helpless if the left starts rioting.

Not to mention the hit the local economy takes when they are all called up and sent out of state because they are no longer at home earning money and paying taxes.

Damnedest "threat" I ever heard of that doesn't involve hookers and free rides.

Not that I know anything about hookers. I'm just repeating what a priest told me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 01:23:15 am »
Austin has no authority to do that.

@Hoodat

You say that just like it makes a difference.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 01:26:49 am »
I know, right?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-