Author Topic: Chuck Schumer seeks $1.5 billion to create an 'Interstate Gun Task Force'  (Read 1092 times)

Offline libertybele

Chuck Schumer seeks $1.5 billion to create an 'Interstate Gun Task Force'

On Sunday, United States Senator Chuck Schumer asked the federal government to provide a minimum of $1.5 billion to "help get illegal guns off the streets," per the New York Post.

Sen. Schumer is seeking these funds to create an "Interstate Gun Task Force on Illegal Guns," which is to be led by the current governor of New York, Kathy Hochul.

At the press conference where Schumer solicited these funds, Schumer said that the initiative will only succeed if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms has the adequate financial backing to "choke off crime."

Schumer, the Empire State's senior senator, said, "I am pushing for $1.5 billion dollars in federal funds for the agency, so they can help with this work and do much more at the national level."

"Without the $1.5 billion … these plans will not have their full impact, and we need full impact to address the flow of these crime guns in our communities and across our state." ..............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/chuck-schumer-seeks-1-5-billion-to-create-an-interstate-gun-task-force
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

whoa..... back up the bus.... schumer has nothing to do with running the executive branch.... what gives?

Offline andy58-in-nh

whoa..... back up the bus.... schumer has nothing to do with running the executive branch.... what gives?

Well, guns have nothing to do with criminal intent, either....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EdinVA

So, harris to scotus, schumer to VP then biden disappears and schumer takes the top spot?   **nononono*

Offline Kamaji

If the democrats want to easily get a replacement for VP in, they'd better do it before the midterms; the replacement requires a majority vote by both Houses of Congress, so if they lose even one House in the midterms, they won't get their preferred VP replacement.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, harris to scotus, schumer to VP then biden disappears and schumer takes the top spot?   **nononono*

Schumer doesn't check enough boxes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 11:00:12 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
1.5 billion for an interstate gooberment taskforce? I could be wrong but Biden's AFT already gets 1.55 billion for year 2022, is the Schmucker asking to to double that or is he wanting to come up with a totally separate American screwing government agency with a 1.5 billion budget? Either way they the funding they should receive is about $1.50 period.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No I don't think Schmucky would automatically move up, Biden/his handler would nominate his choice but the choice has to be approved by both houses of congress.

Section 2.
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

With out the required approval vote we would simply continue Biden's term without a VP, it wouldn't be the first time.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The VP will be whoever the global cabal (Dems+China+EU) that put Biden in office says it is.

Don't think it will be Hillary, or Pelosi. With the current Dem obsession over being Black, hell man, it could be someone who is not even on the radar.

But yes, I agree that Biden cannot continue. He is a disaster for the Democrat Party as is Kamala. Interesting times.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

Re: Chuck Schumer seeks $1.5 billion to create an 'Interstate Gun Task Force'
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 12:20:03 am »
No I don't think Schmucky would automatically move up, Biden/his handler would nominate his choice but the choice has to be approved by both houses of congress.

Section 2.
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

With out the required approval vote we would simply continue Biden's term without a VP, it wouldn't be the first time.

Because of Joe's continued cognitive decline, sooner or later he will have to step down. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2022, 12:38:08 am »
A little honesty in advertising would be refreshing.

"...an interstate ANTI-gun task force." might be more correct.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2022, 01:56:28 am »
Just exactly WHAT qualifies a asshat that has spent his entire freaking life living in either NYC or DC to tell Americans how to live?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2022, 08:03:22 pm »
Chuck Schumer seeks $1.5 billion to create an 'Interstate Gun Task Force'
At the press conference where Schumer solicited these funds, Schumer said that the initiative will only succeed if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms has the adequate financial backing to "choke off crime."
https://www.theblaze.com/news/chuck-schumer-seeks-1-5-billion-to-create-an-interstate-gun-task-force
AH Chuckie how about letting the police do their jobs instead of pushing stupid things like "Bail Reform" that acts as a revolving door for dangerous criminals.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2022, 08:05:53 pm »

Section 2.

But God forbid, if they 25th him Nancy Pelosi becomes President
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.