Author Topic: Biden nominee to Federal Reserve board has backed reparations: report  (Read 361 times)

Online Kamaji

Biden nominee to Federal Reserve board has backed reparations: report

By Mark Moore
January 31, 2022

One of President Biden’s recent nominees to the Federal Reserve’s Board of Governors has repeatedly called for black Americans to receive reparations for years of economic discrimination and slavery, according to a report on Monday.

Biden announced the nomination of Lisa Cook, a Michigan State University economics professor, on Jan. 14. If confirmed, Cook would be the first black woman to be part of the seven-person board.

“Everybody benefited from slavery. Everybody,”​ ​Cook​ ​said in a September 2020 “EconTalk” podcast​, Fox Business reported​.

“So, I think that we absolutely need some sort of reckoning with that. There are many proposals on the table to study the possibility of reparations, many economic proposals being put forward, and I think they should all be taken seriously​,” she said.

Biden said during the 2020 campaign that he backs the study of paying reparations and has also voiced support for a House bill that would create a panel to consider the matter, as well as the effects discriminatory polices have had upon generations of former slaves and their descendants.

​Cook spoke about the House bill last March at the University of California’s Haas School of Business.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/31/biden-federal-reserve-board-nominee-has-backed-reparations/

Online Kamaji

Re: Biden nominee to Federal Reserve board has backed reparations: report
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 06:32:03 pm »
Unless this includes (a) accounting for the loss of wealth caused by the Great Depression, and (b) crediting the excess social welfare payments blacks have received over the years - in which case, they almost certainly owe something back - then she should be rejected out of hand.

Call your Senator and explain why she should not be confirmed.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 06:32:15 pm »
I am fully in favor of reparations.  The Democrat Party should pony up immediately.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 06:39:07 pm »
Unless this includes (a) accounting for the loss of wealth caused by the Great Depression, and (b) crediting the excess social welfare payments blacks have received over the years - in which case, they almost certainly owe something back - then she should be rejected out of hand.

Call your Senator and explain why she should not be confirmed.

The Dems hold the majority.... they'll get who they want unless Manchin votes against.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 10:21:49 pm »
The Dems hold the majority.... they'll get who they want unless Manchin votes against.
You'll always have a RINO that will vote with the democrats out of fairness instead of the good of the nation.