Author Topic: Biden is promising the equality and equity that flourished under Trump  (Read 87 times)

Offline Kamaji

Biden is promising the equality and equity that flourished under Trump

By Jason L. Riley
January 30, 2022

Joe Biden began his presidency with a promise to advance equity, which means favoring some races and ethnicities over others to shrink outcome disparities. Like many of his fellow liberal Democrats, Biden is tethered to the belief that black upward mobility won’t happen without coddling and special treatment from the government. Donald Trump’s record complicates such claims.

One of the most underreported stories of the Trump presidency is the extent to which black economic fortunes improved. The mainstream media presented Trump daily as a bigot whose policies would harm the interests of racial and ethnic minorities. Meanwhile, black economic advancement occurred to an extent unseen not only under Barack Obama but going back several generations — until the pandemic shutdowns brought progress to a halt.

Over the first three years of Trump’s presidency, blacks (and Hispanics) experienced record-low rates of unemployment and poverty, while wages for workers at the bottom of the income scale rose faster than they did for management. Whether that was the goal of the Trump administration or an unintended consequence is a debate I’ll leave to others. But there is no doubting that the financial situation of millions of working-class black Americans improved significantly under Trump’s policies.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/30/biden-is-promising-the-equity-that-flourished-under-trump/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden is promising the equality and equity that flourished under Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 02:00:45 pm »
Stop promising.  Start delivering.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden is promising the equality and equity that flourished under Trump
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 02:02:36 pm »
Stop promising.  Start delivering.

That's the difference between the two:  Trump delivered, without promising anything - Biden delivers nothing but empty promises.