Author Topic: Biden claims he's not looking for an 'ideological' Supreme Court Justice  (Read 373 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden claims he's not looking for an 'ideological' Supreme Court Justice
Biden has vowed to select a Black woman to serve as his nominee to the court

By Kyle Morris | Fox News

President Biden said he is not seeking an "ideological" Supreme Court nominee, insisting that he wants someone of the same "capacity" as outgoing Justice Stephen Breyer for a replacement.

Biden's remarks came during a Thursday evening preview of his interview with NBC News' Lester Holt, which is slated to be released in full on Sunday prior to the Super Bowl.

Biden said he is looking closely at and conducted a "deep dive" on the backgrounds of four candidates.

"Well, I think we’ll, whomever I think will get a vote from Republican side for the following reason – I’m not looking to make an ideological choice here, I’m looking for someone to replace Judge Breyer with the same kind of capacity Judge Breyer had, with an open mind, who understands the Constitution, interprets it in a way that is consistent with the mainstream interpretation of the Constitution," Biden said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-claims-hes-not-looking-for-an-ideological-supreme-court-justice

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden claims he's not looking for an 'ideological' Supreme Court Justice
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 10:13:11 am »
Baloney. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline Kamaji

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 05:09:30 pm »
The only thing Biden is looking for is his next ice cream cone and some clean drawers.  He will nominate who he is told to nominate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 05:23:36 pm »
Biden narrows list of candidates for Supreme Court

President Biden on Thursday indicated that he's narrowed his search for a Supreme Court nominee to replace the retiring Justice Stephen Breyer to four women.

"The short list are nominees who are incredibly well qualified and documented. They were the honor students, they come from the best universities, they have experience, some on the bench, some in the practice," Biden told NBC News' Lester Holt in a preview of the president's first sit-down interview of the year.

"What I've done is I've taken about four people and done a deep dive on them, meaning thorough background checks and to see if there’s anything in the background that would make them not qualified," Biden added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/593780-biden-signals-hes-seriously-looking-at-four-supreme-court-candidates
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 05:40:02 pm »
Since they are all the direct beneficiaries of affirmative action, they will recuse themselves from all affirmative-action related cases, correct?