Author Topic: The White House Launches an Incredibly Odd Public Attack on Ukraine  (Read 135 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The White House Launches an Incredibly Odd Public Attack on Ukraine
By Bonchie | Jan 30, 2022 8:30 AM ET

As things stand on the Ukrainian border with Russia, it appears only Vladimir Putin knows whether an invasion will actually take place. Yet, within the Biden administration, questioning the imminence of such a move is beginning to earn scorn — and we should probably start asking: Why?

Some weeks ago, I noted that supposed Ukraine expert and Trump impeachment architect Alexander Vindman was conveniently avoiding any criticism of Joe Biden’s handling of the situation. Yet, he didn’t hold back when it came to going after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Unhelpful. He should be preparing his people for what's coming. That's more important that downplaying the threat and presenting false confidence. https://t.co/tYqGbM5N4T

— Alexander S. Vindman (@AVindman) January 19, 2022

Now, the White House itself is taking shots at Zalensky, not for stoking the flames of war, but for not whipping his people up into enough of a panic. Over the last few days, the Ukrainian president has pushed back on the US framing of the threat, insisting he knows more about the situation than Joe Biden.

Per CNN, that led to a public response that Zelensky is “downplaying the risk,” something the White House apparently finds unacceptable.

“We understand the difficult position (Ukrainian) President (Volodymyr) Zelensky is in and the pressure he’s under,” a White House official said Saturday. “But at the same time he’s downplaying the risk of invasion, he’s asking for hundreds of millions of dollars in weapons to defend against one. We think it’s important to be open and candid about that threat.”

There’s certainly some hypocrisy in such a comment given the White House’s penchant for whitewashing any problem it finds politically inconvenient. Still, I don’t understand the strategy here in pressuring Ukraine to essentially concede an invasion.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/30/the-white-house-launches-an-incredibly-odd-public-attack-on-ukraine-n514847
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: The White House Launches an Incredibly Odd Public Attack on Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 06:45:47 pm »
I come to the conclusion that this entire presidency is a historic virtual Wierd Al Yankovic parody.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 07:24:02 pm »
Biden and his woke-joke staff are cheerleading for war.
And they are pissed that Ukraine refuses to play 'freak-out' with them.
Biden admin:
Gimme a 'W'!
Gimme an 'A'!
Gimme an 'R'!
What does that spell!?

Zelensky: calm down, you bunch of fools ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 07:26:18 pm »
We expect stupidity from the Dementia Joe regime, but his "handling" of Russia and Ukraine has really taken the cake.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org