Author Topic: Don’t They Know We Will Still Need Oil & Gas?  (Read 414 times)

rangerrebew

Don’t They Know We Will Still Need Oil & Gas?
« on: January 30, 2022, 05:54:29 pm »
January 30, 2022
tags: gas, oil

By Paul Homewood

A photograph of the Dunlin oil rig platform located above the Osprey Field in the North Sea off Scotland.

It is abundantly clear that all our major parties are now opposed to further development of North Sea oil and gas reserves.

Ed Miliband, for instance, had this to say about the proposed Cambo field last month:

“It makes no environmental sense and now Shell are accepting it doesn’t make economic sense,” he said.

“Ploughing on with business as usual on fossil fuels will kill off our chances of keeping 1.5 degrees alive and carries huge risks for investors as it is simply an unsustainable choice.

“Shell have woken up to the fact that Cambo is the wrong choice. It’s long past time for the Government to do so.”

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2022/01/30/dont-they-know-we-will-still-need-oil-gas/

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Don’t They Know We Will Still Need Oil & Gas?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 06:05:42 pm »
I know this is a bit off tangent, but the question of the use of hydrocarbon fuels should be in the hands of th epeople instead of idiotic mostly left wing politicians who have been duped into the Climate Change Scam. 

Right now these idiots are winning, with the unintended consequence being taking our society back to the 19th century.  Just more reason I stand by my position that the idea of one unified America may be a dying concept.  Our ideological differences right now are as abrupt and vitriolic as they were in this  country in 1860.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 11:06:00 pm »
Catfish:
"Right now these idiots are winning, with the unintended consequence being taking our society back to the 19th century.  Just more reason I stand by my position that the idea of one unified America may be a dying concept.  Our ideological differences right now are as abrupt and vitriolic as they were in this  country in 1860."

Agree with you on this one.
Perhaps the only way "to save" America (or most of it) in the long run will be...
... to "destroy it" -- as in, break apart the Union into two or more pieces, and from that point "rebuild" SOME of the pieces from there...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 06:02:50 am »
I know this is a bit off tangent, but the question of the use of hydrocarbon fuels should be in the hands of th epeople instead of idiotic mostly left wing politicians who have been duped into the Climate Change Scam. 

Right now these idiots are winning, with the unintended consequence being taking our society back to the 19th century.  Just more reason I stand by my position that the idea of one unified America may be a dying concept.  Our ideological differences right now are as abrupt and vitriolic as they were in this  country in 1860.
We won't go back to the 19th century. Not so. How many of those whiners could shovel a stall, handle a horse--much less break or train one, and besides, there aren't enough horses to haul the freight--nor enough land to feed the necessary livestock and humans, too, because if they succeed in eliminating "fossil fuels", farming is going to get a LOT more labor intensive.

Time for the adults to take the reins, and send the kids off to bed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 01:04:16 am »
Shell's business plan will cause it to significantly reduce the breadth and size of the company as it ploughs its funds into mostly uneconomic ventures.

Just look at the garbage it is spewing.

https://www.shell.com/powering-progress/powering-lives.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 01:09:38 am »
We won't go back to the 19th century.

The only reason we still have whales today is because oil was discovered in Pennsylvania.  Before that, kerosene had been refined from whale blubber.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 01:11:01 am »
The only reason we still have whales today is because oil was discovered in Pennsylvania.  Before that, kerosene had been refined from whale blubber.
Yeah, the oil industry already saved the whales, nearly two centuries ago. (1859)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 01:33:18 am »

The key word here is "WE". "WE" will still need oil and gas,but the elites and the political creatures they pal around with will be getting all they want.

Just like in the "good old days" of the old Soviet Union. Party leaders had all they wanted,and peons rode the bus,bicycled,or walked.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!