Author Topic: Elites Vs. Blue collar, or Maybe Canada’s Yellow Vest Day: Here’s What the Media Won’t Say About th  (Read 163 times)

rangerrebew

Elites Vs. Blue collar, or Maybe Canada’s Yellow Vest Day: Here’s What the Media Won’t Say About the Truckers Convoy
7 hours ago

Terry Etam

Today, in late January, when I Google search “only elite should vote” I get 106 million results. When I Google search “should only the elite vote” (ignoring question marks because I’m trying to fit in with the younger generation) I get 154 million results.

The elite has time to noodle around Google (many of us are in that camp, from a global perspective – university-educated, own a house, two vehicles in the garage, and maybe a Tesla thrown in so we can hold our heads high) apparently; and the blue-collar do not. That is one reason we see tens of thousands of trucks barreling down highways from all over North America, heading for government centres under the guise of vaccine mandates, but that is just the tip of the iceberg.

The New York Times pondered the issue in 2016 in a piece called Should Everybody Vote? The article speculated that having a more focused and well-informed (ominous music in background) group would do a better job of running the country: “We can think of this approach as a matter of modeling our voting on our jury system. We would never accept deciding important and highly publicized trials by a vote of the general public… We could have an unofficial jury — chosen, perhaps, by a consortium of major universities or of television news divisions — that would meet, discuss in-depth and vote several weeks before the actual election.”

Bringing the issue of blue-collar vs. elites back to Canada, back in 2018 we had our ultra-elite Prime Minister say this at a G20 conference: “Well, you know, there are gender impacts when you bring construction workers into a rural area. There are social impacts because they’re mostly male construction workers. How are you adjusting and adapting to those?”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/01/30/column-elites-vs-blue-collar-or-maybe-canadas-yellow-vest-day-heres-what-the-media-wont-say-about-the-truckers-convoy/
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 06:05:43 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The "Canadian truck convoy" is one of those events that appeals to the popular sentiment, but... when it's over and done, probably won't accomplish much.

Eventually, those truckers have to turn and head back where they came from, if only to put food on the tables of their families.

The elite politicians who make the policies... will still be there.