Author Topic: Remains of Alabama soldier killed in German forest during World War II identified  (Read 181 times)

rangerrebew

Remains of Alabama soldier killed in German forest during World War II identified
US and POW/MIA flag (Taken/Pixabay)
January 30, 2022 Leada Gore - Alabama Media Group, Birmingham

The remains of an Alabama soldier killed in a German forest in World War II are headed back to the state for burial after being identified.

The Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency said Army Pfc. Bill Morrison, 29, of Birmingham, was officially accounted for July 9, 2021. In November 1944, Morrison was assigned to Company G, 2nd Battalion, 110th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division. His unit was engaged in battle with German forces in the Raffelsbrand sector of the Hürtgen Forest in Germany, when he was reported killed in action on Nov. 8, 1944. His body was not able to be recovered.

Subsequent investigations of the area were unsuccessful and Morrison was declared non-recoverable in December 1951.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/01/remains-of-alabama-soldier-killed-in-german-forest-during-world-war-ii-identified/
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 12:29:42 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I am glad that his remains were identified and now those who are related or who even remember him can have that closure. :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis