Author Topic: A Virginia delegate’s speech shows Republicans are learning courage  (Read 299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 28, 2022
A Virginia delegate’s speech shows Republicans are learning courage
By Andrea Widburg

Barack Obama broke most Republican politicians. It wasn’t anything he did. It was his skin color. No matter what Obama did, and no matter the substantive objections conservatives had to his policies and actions, the Democrat response was always the same: Racist. Ordinary people began to treat that mindless insult with the disdain it deserved. Politicians, however, grew cowed. That seems to be changing, perhaps because Democrat policies are proving so disastrous that calling critics is inadequate. Be that as it may, politicians are refusing to be silenced. Nick Freitas, a Virginia GOP member of the Virginia House of Delegates exemplifies this trend.

On Wednesday, Freitas, a former Green Beret, stood before the House of Delegates and, using a friendly tone and remarkably polite language, announced that he was no longer going to tolerate being called a bigot simply because he espoused different policies from Democrats. He tweeted a video of his statement which has been viewed over 553,000 times, which is pretty good if you’re not a Kardashian:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/01/a_virginia_delegates_speech_shows_republicans_are_learning_courage.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: A Virginia delegate’s speech shows Republicans are learning courage
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 03:47:07 pm »
Virginians are showing courage.  This has nothing to do with the Republican Party..

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 03:48:10 pm »
Yesterday's middle finger from Spotify to Neil Young, was also another example of what I see is the beginning of a pendulum swing back toward sanity against the "wokeness" hostage taking the left has practiced for what seems to be the last 5 years in earnest.

I'll go and make a bold prediction....  A number of years from now, probably 5-15, we will be seeing the opposite in effect. Woke will be ridiculed, derided, and ignored.

The guilty will slink into silence like it never happened.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 04:12:27 pm »
1.   A Democrat Virginia delegate takes exception to Gov. Glenn Youngkin praying for him:   “So far what I’ve seen from his day one activities is that he’s not a man of faith, not a Christian, but someone who wants to cause division.” (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1486458671081172999

2.    Freitas: I have had it, my constituents have had it, and I am no longer going to sit here while a member of this body accuses us of being bigots  because we disagree on policy.  (Video)

[Stay to the end ..... ]

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickForVA/status/1486455507749584897

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 09:44:31 pm »
Please don't miss these two short videos   pointing-up

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 09:58:24 pm »
Please don't miss these two short videos   pointing-up

@Right_in_Virginia

Thank you so much!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald