Author Topic: Why a War Over Ukraine is Unlikely  (Read 121 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why a War Over Ukraine is Unlikely
« on: January 28, 2022, 03:31:35 pm »
January 28, 2022
Why a War Over Ukraine is Unlikely
By Jacob Fraden

The whole world is waiting nervously for developments in Ukraine.  Masses of Russian soldiers are engaged in "military exercises" near the Ukrainian border. "Siberian regiments" are being redeployed from the Far Eastern districts, just as they were sent to defend Moscow in 1941.

Russian propaganda stirs up the local population with a patriotic fervor, blaming Ukraine and the collective West for the heat of the international situation. The Ukrainian army, one of the strongest in Europe, is preparing to fight back, and the United States is planning to send eighty–five hundred soldiers to help the NATO countries in Europe. The bowstring is taut and the finger holding it can slip at any moment. The world is tense.

Wars between countries have always started for fairly prosaic reasons: to seize someone else's land or wealth, out of lust for revenge, to proliferate their religion, ideology or political influence. The cause of the current conflict, like a patchwork quilt, includes all these factors: from Russia's imperial desire to expand its holdings to a primitive passion to avenge Ukraine's willfulness. However, if we take a sober look at the situation, none of these reasons alone, or even all of them together, are enough to start hostilities. Even if war breaks out and Russia achieves its military goals, the price of victory will be too high, so is it worth the risk of a Pyrrhic victory?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/01/why_a_war_over_ukraine_is_unlikely.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Why a War Over Ukraine is Unlikely
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 03:42:35 pm »
I despise Russia, Putin, as much as any other American.

OTOH, the op-ed fails to take in account of how the Russians would feel having Ukraine as a NATO member .  Ukraine is only 400 miles to Moscow.  Now add the idiot Biden's dog wagging sabre rattling and threats.....

I would put the odds of war at somewhere between possible and unlikely.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

Re: Why a War Over Ukraine is Unlikely
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 09:13:51 pm »
This goofy fandango is nothing new in politics, as nation states throughout the 20th century
have ginned up conflicts w/their neighbors, to distract attention from far more critical matters.
The beneficiary of this is Bozo Biden who is politically drowning, so it's past due that posters
got real about this horse manure.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 09:16:48 pm by Absalom »