Author Topic: Ruger Reintroduces Marlin 1895 SBL Lever-Action Rifle  (Read 2058 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ruger Reintroduces Marlin 1895 SBL Lever-Action Rifle
« on: January 27, 2022, 06:32:12 pm »
American Rifleman December 20, 2021

Ruger-made Marlins are now officially on the market. Following more than a year of inactivity after the Remington Outdoor bankruptcy and the subsequent purchase of Marlin by Sturm, Ruger, & Co., the company announced that it is finally producing and shipping new Marlin rifles. The first model available is the 1895 SBL chambered in .45-70 Gov't.

“We are excited to officially flip the switch and let our customers know that Marlin is back,” said Ruger President and CEO Chris Killoy. “Since the move of over 100 truckloads of equipment and inventory back in November 2020, our engineering team took the 1895 through a complete design and production review focused on achieving the highest quality, accuracy, and performance standards. The end result is a quality rifle, produced using modern manufacturing methods, that consumers will be sure to enjoy and proud to own.”

This Ruger-made Marlin 1895, machined from stainless steel and outfitted with wood-laminate furniture, is just the start of Marlin's rebirth. Additional models are planned for release in 2022, specifically additional variants of the 1895 as well as new Model 336 and Model 1894 rifles. Due to Ruger's anticipation of strong demand and the limited quantity of rifles available, the company is encouraging retailers to contact their distributors for availability. Ruger also strongly advises consumers to not leave deposits with retailers who do not have confirmed shipments.

More: https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/ruger-reintroduces-marlin-1895-sbl-lever-action-rifle/

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Ruger Reintroduces Marlin 1895 SBL Lever-Action Rifle
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 06:44:41 pm »
I would love one of these. Suggested retail $1,399.00 - not cheap but... great features, including Picatinny rail, fiber optic Tritium front sight, rthreaded bolt, nickel-plated bolt, 6+1 capacity... just looks like a really sweet piece of hardware.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 05:52:03 pm »
American Rifleman December 20, 2021

Ruger-made Marlins are now officially on the market. Following more than a year of inactivity after the Remington Outdoor bankruptcy and the subsequent purchase of Marlin by Sturm, Ruger, & Co., the company announced that it is finally producing and shipping new Marlin rifles. The first model available is the 1895 SBL chambered in .45-70 Gov't.

“We are excited to officially flip the switch and let our customers know that Marlin is back,” said Ruger President and CEO Chris Killoy. “Since the move of over 100 truckloads of equipment and inventory back in November 2020, our engineering team took the 1895 through a complete design and production review focused on achieving the highest quality, accuracy, and performance standards. The end result is a quality rifle, produced using modern manufacturing methods, that consumers will be sure to enjoy and proud to own.”

This Ruger-made Marlin 1895, machined from stainless steel and outfitted with wood-laminate furniture, is just the start of Marlin's rebirth. Additional models are planned for release in 2022, specifically additional variants of the 1895 as well as new Model 336 and Model 1894 rifles. Due to Ruger's anticipation of strong demand and the limited quantity of rifles available, the company is encouraging retailers to contact their distributors for availability. Ruger also strongly advises consumers to not leave deposits with retailers who do not have confirmed shipments.

More: https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/ruger-reintroduces-marlin-1895-sbl-lever-action-rifle/

@Elderberry

Decisions like this are why Ruger is still in business and making money,and other gun manufacturers are either circling the drain or already out of business.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 06:02:51 pm »
hopefully they will bring back that hex barreled 45/70... same as mine, but for that long barrel. That gun with a ladder sight is on my bucket list.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 11:50:24 pm »
hopefully they will bring back that hex barreled 45/70... same as mine, but for that long barrel. That gun with a ladder sight is on my bucket list.

@roamer_1

I have a preference for hexagon barrels,myself. They help break up the barrel vibrations when a round is fired.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 12:16:04 am »
@roamer_1

I have a preference for hexagon barrels,myself. They help break up the barrel vibrations when a round is fired.

@sneakypete I'd actually try to bake some hot rounds for that puppy and give it some Quigley Down Under action.
I LOVE long shots with old (style) guns.

I REALLY wanted that gun, I surely did. But, what I really needed was a brush and saddle gun, and that big ol girl is long... So I went for her little brother... I don't remember his numbers, but it is pretty close to a winchester 94 in form factor. And I really do love that rifle... Glad I have it, and I have already put more trail on that gun than I ever will on that long one.

But that long gun is kinda unicorny. It farts skittles for me. I WANT it... And I never hardly ever want like that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 02:34:08 am »
@sneakypete I'd actually try to bake some hot rounds for that puppy and give it some Quigley Down Under action.
I LOVE long shots with old (style) guns.

I REALLY wanted that gun, I surely did. But, what I really needed was a brush and saddle gun, and that big ol girl is long... So I went for her little brother... I don't remember his numbers, but it is pretty close to a winchester 94 in form factor. And I really do love that rifle... Glad I have it, and I have already put more trail on that gun than I ever will on that long one.

But that long gun is kinda unicorny. It farts skittles for me. I WANT it... And I never hardly ever want like that.

@roamer_1

Some marriages are just made in heaven,and it's not our place to argue with them.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2022, 03:20:40 am »
@roamer_1

Some marriages are just made in heaven,and it's not our place to argue with them.

@sneakypete

That's right...  :beer:

So what you're saying is if they come back out with it, I should take it as a sign?

Yeah... a sign... You can't fight destiny.  :cool:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 03:56:58 am »
@sneakypete

That's right...  :beer:

So what you're saying is if they come back out with it, I should take it as a sign?

Yeah... a sign... You can't fight destiny.  :cool:

@roamer_1

You bet! I would,and if there is one thing I am known for is having excellent judgement  when it comes to justifying spending money on something I really,really want.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2022, 04:01:04 am »
@roamer_1

You bet! I would,and if there is one thing I am known for is having excellent judgement  when it comes to justifying spending money on something I really,really want.

@sneakypete

Well, it's hard for me to fault that kind of logic... At least in this instance!  :beer: