Author Topic: Buttigieg Does Supply Chain Crisis Victory Lap as Grocery Shelves Go Empty  (Read 526 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg Does Supply Chain Crisis Victory Lap as Grocery Shelves Go Empty

Paul Bois 11 Jan 2022

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was hailed as the man who “saved Christmas” on Tuesday over his handling of the supply chain crisis as Americans around the country shared photos of empty grocery shelves on social media.

Speaking at a press conference at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, Buttigieg said that while the supply chain crisis will continue throughout the pandemic, he celebrated the transportation of goods over Christmas.

“As long as the pandemic persists, as long as we are making up for decades of past disinvestment, we are going to see impacts on shipping times and shipping cost,” Buttigieg said. “When there is an issue affecting ports here, you will feel it as far away as my Indiana hometown.

“Not only is this about the presents under the tree, this is about essential goods like medical goods that are needed in this moment of continued public health challenge,” he added.

Buttigieg hailed the shipment of goods over the Christmas season as “an extraordinary achievement,” noting that the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach “processed 14 percent more containers compared to those processed in 2018 over the same time period,” according to the Hill.

“One of the reasons why Christmas was not in fact canceled is that ports like L.A. and Long Beach moved record levels or goods, allowing an all-time record high in terms of retail sales his holiday season,” he said.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti further hailed Buttigieg as the “man who saved Christmas.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/01/11/buttigieg-supply-chain-crisis-victory-lap-grocery-shelves-empty/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was hailed as the man who “saved Christmas” on Tuesday over his handling of the supply chain crisis"

Online mountaineer

while the supply chain crisis will continue throughout the pandemic, he celebrated the transportation of goods over Christmas.
He's really dedicated to this job, isn't he? He will be taking the "I saved Christmas 2021" victory lap for the next year or so, while businesses all over the US suffer and die, unable to get their hands on necessary supplies.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Curtis Houck
@CurtisHouck
CBS's Errol Barnett: "What is your reaction to seeing grocery store shelves bare? Were you shocked by that?

Buttigieg: "Well, I'm very concerned about this & it reflects the fact that as long as we go through phase after phase of this pandemic, we're seeing disruptions[.]"

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1481982180960227328

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Raheem J. Kassam
@RaheemKassam

Rationing hits shithole DC.

DC Homeland Security & Emergency Management
@DC_HSEMA

If you're hitting the grocery store to prepare for winter weather, please just buy what you need and leave some for others!

You may have noticed empty shelves in some stores due to national supply chain issues, but there is no need to buy more than you normally would.

1:26 PM · Jan 15, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

11:19 AM · Jan 22, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Secretary chest pump is on the job. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

(I can't Drive 55)

Road Transport Overhaul: Pete Buttigieg Vows More Bike and Bus Lanes, Lower Speed Limits

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/27/road-transport-overhaul-pete-buttigieg-vows-more-bike-and-bus-lanes-lower-speed-limits/

Online DefiantMassRINO

Boston's Sons of Liberty are back, and they are protesting bike lanes.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/01/24/metro/bike-lane-traffic-cones-over-mass-ave-bridge-tossed-into-river-by-vandals/

Bike lane traffic cones on Mass. Ave. bridge tossed into river by vandals
By Rose Pecci Globe Correspondent,Updated January 24, 2022, 3:39 p.m.

Over the weekend, vandals threw dozens of traffic cones shielding newly widened bike lanes on the Massachusetts Avenue bridge into the Charles River.

In November, in a pilot program, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation turned the four-lane road spanning the Charles into a two-lane road with a buffer of cones between cars and the bike lanes on each side. ...
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Boston's Sons of Liberty are back, and they are protesting bike lanes.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/01/24/metro/bike-lane-traffic-cones-over-mass-ave-bridge-tossed-into-river-by-vandals/

Bike lane traffic cones on Mass. Ave. bridge tossed into river by vandals
By Rose Pecci Globe Correspondent,Updated January 24, 2022, 3:39 p.m.

Over the weekend, vandals threw dozens of traffic cones shielding newly widened bike lanes on the Massachusetts Avenue bridge into the Charles River.

In November, in a pilot program, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation turned the four-lane road spanning the Charles into a two-lane road with a buffer of cones between cars and the bike lanes on each side. ...

Ha-ha!

Online mountaineer

Re: Buttigieg Does Supply Chain Crisis Victory Lap as Grocery Shelves Go Empty
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 03:11:47 am »
This "no more cars, just ride bikes" BS is tiresome for those of us who don't live in the middle of an urban area with mass trasit. I can't picture walking 7 miles on very hilly roads to get to a grocery store.