Author Topic: Spotify to Remove Neil Young Music After He Demanded They Cancel Joe Rogan..  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Old man take a look at your life
Doesn't mean that much to me
To mean that much to you

Spotify Technology S.A. says it will pull left-wing rocker Neil Young’s music from its platform, The Wall Street Journal reports. The reported move comes just days after Young demanded, in an open letter, that Spotify either remove his music or blacklist Joe Rogan and his popular podcast.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/01/26/spotify-to-remove-neil-young-music-after-he-demanded-they-cancel-joe-rogan/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3KhWwGp6AifBw84ZyZSC-6dJdPpm_d3Kwg6rYuiwzP78yDIZoZIU1rJ5s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

You would think that he would want his music to be exposed to as many people as possible instead of acting like a petulant child.

I have heard that sometimes people when they age, they enter what’s called a second childhood.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is an example of the Hippy Flip which has happened over the last several decades. The free-love communist stoners of the 60s grew up to become Leftist Fascists who will not tolerate anyone who disagrees with anything they think, anything they do or say. The people who call themselves 'tolerant of all points of view' are the most intolerant people on Earth.

You can see these fascists in every college campus and school across America. Students are 'forced' to lie about history and what they believe simply to pass the course. Because if they disagree with anything, they will be failed. The tests are not so much about how much a student knows, but rather it is a test of whether or not they have been indoctrinated and are onboard with the program.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Young is probably devastated by losing dozens of dollars.

Maybe he can give Napster a call.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 07:59:48 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

Young is probably devastated by losing dozens of dollars.

Maybe he can give Napster a call.

He just lost 60% of his revenue stream.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I read Neil sold his book of songs years ago and had no legal recourse against spotify.  But I love that Spotify said FNY

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
He just lost 60% of his revenue stream.

Looking forward to seeing him as a Walmart greeter.  :whistle:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline roamer_1

:silly: :beer:

Offline Kamaji

I read Neil sold his book of songs years ago and had no legal recourse against spotify.  But I love that Spotify said FNY

He sold a 50% interest in his song catalog to a hedge fund that invests in song catalogs several years ago.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Think they'll let him park his trailer on the lot?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Even better that they did it after he took down his letter of demand, probably right after his label got tired of his calls and demands and yanked his azz into the real world.

Offline Kamaji

Offline LadyLiberty

So the guy who made his fortune by freely expressing himself sees no problem with trying to shut down others who are expressing themselves.  Nice to see spotify refuse to crater to the blackmail.  We won't do away with cancel culture until business stand up to this type of crap.

Offline Kamaji

So the guy who made his fortune by freely expressing himself sees no problem with trying to shut down others who are expressing themselves.  Nice to see spotify refuse to crater to the blackmail.  We won't do away with cancel culture until business stand up to this type of crap.

:thumbsup:

Offline goatprairie

Young has enough fu money (200 million) where he won't be on a sidewalk busking for change.
I certainly don't give a good gdamn about what some old  rocker whose songs I haven't listened to for decades does.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Young has enough fu money (200 million) where he won't be on a sidewalk busking for change.
I certainly don't give a good gdamn about what some old  rocker whose songs I haven't listened to for decades does.

He ruined Crosby, Stills and Nash with his shitty guitar, and equally shitty voice.  May he roast for that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
He ruined Crosby, Stills and Nash with his shitty guitar, and equally shitty voice.  May he roast for that.

And he had one good song. ONE. “Old Man”. That’s it.

Edit: I take that back. “Heart of Gold” is a good song as well. So he had TWO good songs.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 11:53:35 pm by debrawiest »

Offline goatprairie

Yeah, I guess Young's voice and electric guitar was an acquired taste. Not quite mine.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, I guess Young's voice and electric guitar was an acquired taste. Not quite mine.

It was like what Michael McDonald did to the Doobie Brothers.  Ruined.  A walking dead zombie band, selling albums before just falling apart.  Gawd, I can still hear MM howling.......
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
And he had one good song. ONE. “Old Man”. That’s it.

Edit: I take that back. “Heart of Gold” is a good song as well. So he had TWO good songs.

Young's a legend in rock and roll.  His career has spaned from Buffalo Springfield, Woodstock, CSN&Y, a solo career that included one of the best albums at the turn of the 70/80 decade, Rust Never Sleeps.  He even had Pearl Jam act as his back up band in the late '80's  He is a left wing turd granted, and  a relic who is way past his shelf life.

But downplaying his career in rock and roll is short sided.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

It was like what Michael McDonald did to the Doobie Brothers.  Ruined.  A walking dead zombie band, selling albums before just falling apart.  Gawd, I can still hear MM howling.......
Yes, when I heard McDonald's  pseudo-black voice "You don't know me but I'm your brother" screeching from the car radio lecturing all us evil honkies about our nasty racism, I knew the Doobies were cooked.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Young's a legend in rock and roll.  His career has spaned from Buffalo Springfield, Woodstock, CSN&Y, a solo career that included one of the best albums at the turn of the 70/80 decade, Rust Never Sleeps.  He even had Pearl Jam act as his back up band in the late '80's  He is a left wing turd granted, and  a relic who is way past his shelf life.

But downplaying his career in rock and roll is short sided.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Offline berdie

Whether he is a good musician or not isn't the issue. At least not to me.

The amazing thing to me is that, since he is pretty irrevelant, he still thinks he calls the shot.

Offline Wingnut

It is sad when the artist thinks he is better than the music.