Author Topic: Leftist leader of ‘antiwork’ blows up her own movement with lazy, disheveled interview  (Read 94 times)

Offline Kamaji

Leftist leader of ‘antiwork’ blows up her own movement with lazy, disheveled interview

By Kyle Smith
January 27, 2022

These are tough days for the “antiwork” crowd. Along with bedsores, sagging muscle tone, Cheetos stains on clothing and a profound sense of unjustified entitlement, another occupational hazard for the occupationless has just emerged: Contact with the outside world.

As a result of three minutes on Fox News Channel, the I-refuse-to-be-useful crowd have just seen their movement knocked off its axis by a nuclear level of ridicule. Over on the social-media site Reddit, there are 1.7 million shiftless members of a slovenly subreddit called r/antiwork. Fox’s Jesse Watters thought the group’s outlook sounded interesting so he called up one of its leaders for a chat. What transpired went so badly for the antiwork types that I fear they won’t be able to get out of bed all weekend, although I concede that’s a moot point for the armies of the prone.

Watters asked a few not-particularly-mean questions of the leader, a transgender individual named Doreen, who . . . well, I would never want to be accused of being rude. Let’s just recap how some members of the group described one of their chiefs:

* “Doreen, honey, you need to change your appearance. This is coming from someone who looked just like you. You cannot have a messy room, poorly lit conditions, messy hair and expect people to take you seriously.”

* “At this point, the face of r/antiwork is a lazy, unprepared, unappreciative dog walker.”

* “It’s like the mods handed Fox News a loaded gun, Fox News handed it back, and the mods proceeded to shoot themselves in the foot.”

* “I believe that this was clearly done on purpose by a head-hunter at Fox to showcase how ‘utterly ridiculous’ we all are.”

Actually, no, it was your own leader who showcased that. Fox simply put her onscreen. Doreen, who works 20 to 25 hours a week as a dog walker but would like to work less (either that or become a philosophy teacher, she explained, because she obviously has a lot of wisdom to pass along), told Watters “I think laziness is a virtue in a society where people constantly expect you to be productive 24/7.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/27/leftist-leader-of-antiwork-blows-up-her-own-movement-on-tv/