Author Topic: Biden May Be “Making A Decision Now” On Student Loan Cancellation, Says Key Senator  (Read 236 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jan 26, 2022,10:44am EST|
Biden May Be “Making A Decision Now” On Student Loan Cancellation, Says Key Senator
Adam S. Minsky

Advocates for student loan borrowers, and their allies in Congress, are continuing their campaign to convince President Biden to enact widespread student loan forgiveness. And the issue may be coming to a head soon, at least according to one key senator.

“The White House is making a decision now” on student loan cancellation, said Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) this week in an interview with Teen Vogue. Warren has been one of the leading voices in Congress calling on Biden to cancel student debt.

Here’s the latest.
Student Loan Forgiveness: Can Biden Act Without Congress?

Student loan borrower activists and a broad coalition of civil rights, consumer rights, and labor rights organizations have been arguing for over a year that President Biden has the legal authority to cancel student loan debt through executive action. And they want him to enact sweeping student loan forgiveness of upwards of $50,000 per borrower.

more
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamminsky/2022/01/26/biden-may-be-making-a-decision-now-on-student-loan-cancellation-says-key-senator/?sh=cae79d12c93e&utm_source=ForbesMainTwitter&utm_campaign=socialflowForbesMainTwitter&utm_medium=social
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

How about mortgage forgiveness or car loan forgiveness or medical payment or credit card debt forgiveness?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Could I get $50,000 shaved off my mortgage balance?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
As I've predicted on this forum several times before:

The student loans will either be:
1. "forgiven" by the government (up to a certain amount, with certain conditions)
or
2. Existing bankruptcy laws will be revised to permit the discharge of student loan debts, same as with other ordinary debts.