Author Topic: BREAKING..... Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire, giving Biden a chance to nominate a re  (Read 4190 times)

Offline libertybele

My $$$'s on one of these two, though both have lost their License to practice Law (not necessary to serve on the USSC).

I think you are right @corbe
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Biden's stooge Ron Kline probably pushed this out to the press so not to wait till the June end term normal announcement timing.
Wait, I thought Biden was Ron Klain's stooge  :pondering:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steve Ferguson
@lsferguson
·
6h
Biden's replacement for Justice Breyer should be treated the same way Brett Kavanaugh was. Those are the rules.  Right?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Steve Ferguson
@lsferguson
·
6h
Biden's replacement for Justice Breyer should be treated the same way Brett Kavanaugh was. Those are the rules.  Right?

Exactly!!!!!

Offline corbe

I seem to recall that I was molested at a Keg Party by whomever they pick.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

I seem to recall that I was molested at a Keg Party by whomever they pick.

Same here!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden's Supreme Court Pick Sexually Assaulted Me 25 Years Ago
PJ Media, Jan 26, 2022

The news that Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring is still fresh. He won't even officially retire until October, and the Biden administration will likely spend months vetting potential nominees.

But I can tell you right now, whoever Biden picks, they sexually assaulted me 25 years ago at a high school party. I can't remember how I got there or how I got home. So far, the people I know who were present are telling me it didn't happen. I may have changed my story a few times too. But, hey, look, you can trust me. I have no agenda.

I should also let you know that Biden's nominee, whoever it is, might have a detailed calendar proving they weren't at the party. Don't believe it? Believe me!

I think I should be praised for my bravery in coming forward. I think the media must tell my story without questioning the details, and Time Magazine should profile me.

Just in case you think my memory is bad, you should know, I’m 100% certain it was… whoever Biden picks. There is zero chance I’ve mistaken them for someone else.

I feel so strongly that Biden’s nominee is too dangerous to be on the Supreme Court that I’d testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee… if I wasn’t afraid of flying.

I implore the U.S. Senate to listen to my story and give it the benefit of the doubt that similar accusations against other Supreme Court nominees have been given.

Alyssa Milano, I hope you’ll consider advocating on my behalf in public.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/01/26/bidens-supreme-court-pick-sexually-assaulted-me-25-years-ago-n1553363

Offline corbe

It all comes down to Lady Lindsey on the SJC and Mitch the Bitch.  There is History, he stopping Garland during the lame duck obummer and no one would convince me that bidet isn't a lame duck right now, in terms of his electability in 2024.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

If it comes down to mitt, lisa or susan, they fail, IMHO.  The only thing we missed here is an opportunity to add a Genuine Conservative to the Bench, Give Thomas and Alito some help, but we're use to that....It's the NEW normal.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Who in the hell cares who they put on the Court?   Ruth Bader Ginsberg is still dead!

We owe them one. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

It all comes down to Lady Lindsey on the SJC and Mitch the Bitch.  There is History, he stopping Garland during the lame duck obummer and no one would convince me that bidet isn't a lame duck right now, in terms of his electability in 2024.   

That trick won't work this time, for several reasons.  First, the democrats control the agenda of the Senate, so there is no possibility of denying the nominee a vote.  Second, the filibuster doesn't apply any more - McConnell got rid of that for Gorsuch - and Kameltoe gets the deciding vote, so the democrats have the votes to force whomever they want through, so long as either Sinema and Manchin go along - I have no doubt they will except in the case of a raving uber radical - or Sinema and Manchin can be replaced with Romney and another RINO TBNL.  Third, even if the GOP could stonewall this nomination, it will be taken as clearest evidence that the GOP is only interested in playing politics with the Court, and they will jam through a court-packing plan in response.

All told, Biden will get a nominee approved; the GOP's role will simply be to play the Kavanaugh card and give as good as they got during Trump's administration.

Offline Kamaji

Who in the hell cares who they put on the Court?   Ruth Bader Ginsberg is still dead!

We owe them one. 

@DCPatriot

Right on!  :beer:

Offline corbe

That trick won't work this time, for several reasons.  First, the democrats control the agenda of the Senate, so there is no possibility of denying the nominee a vote.  Second, the filibuster doesn't apply any more - McConnell got rid of that for Gorsuch - and Kameltoe gets the deciding vote, so the democrats have the votes to force whomever they want through, so long as either Sinema and Manchin go along - I have no doubt they will except in the case of a raving uber radical - or Sinema and Manchin can be replaced with Romney and another RINO TBNL.  Third, even if the GOP could stonewall this nomination, it will be taken as clearest evidence that the GOP is only interested in playing politics with the Court, and they will jam through a court-packing plan in response.

All told, Biden will get a nominee approved; the GOP's role will simply be to play the Kavanaugh card and give as good as they got during Trump's administration.

If I'm not mistaken, if all 10 republicans on the SJC vote NO it throws the vote in Limbo, that's where lady lindsey comes in, herd them cats,
then schumer will need 10 republican votes to bring it up for debate, 4 hours, I think.  Highly likely and it will advance to a floor vote, and then Aunt Jemima will be confirmed, if my theory is right.

Offline libertybele

If it comes down to mitt, lisa or susan, they fail, IMHO.  The only thing we missed here is an opportunity to add a Genuine Conservative to the Bench, Give Thomas and Alito some help, but we're use to that....It's the NEW normal.

The supposed conservative newbies on the bench have been a huge disappointment.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

The supposed conservative newbies on the bench have been a huge disappointment.

Yes, Cruz should have given Trump his own damn list instead of that Heritage list on the deal for the endorsement.   

Offline corbe

TTIUWV:

The Supremes-You Keep Me Hangin' On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3bjMtqpGBw

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

We owe them one.

Just once I'd like to see the republicans have the balls to give the democrats back the same treatment they give. But republicans always worry they won't be liked and suffer at the polls, they need to learn that only rabid libs that already don't vote for them will be upset.

Jenna Ellis
@JennaEllisEsq

Merrick Garland will now identify as a black woman

il Donaldo Trumpo
@PapiTrumpo

You're not getting picked, Hillary!!!

8:00 PM · Jan 26, 2022  Twitter Web App

We owe them one.

Replacing RBG was a REALLY big deal.  First, we replaced a liberal judge with (one who will hopefully mature into) a conservative --- and we did it within spitting distance of a Presidential election; the outcome of which could have kept the seat filled with a liberal for a generation.

What's happening now is no big whoop ... a liberal for a liberal in a liberal President's second year of his first term.

Other than breaking with the court's own decision on discrimination practices, this is a nothingburger.

Online cato potatoe

Republicans need to oppose any affirmative action pick as unqualified.  Now is time for honesty.  We know that Joe Biden plans to exclude the vast majority of candidates from consideration.  The left eventually will regain control of the court, and some Joy Reid clone will write the majority opinion.

Offline DCPatriot

Replacing RBG was a REALLY big deal.  First, we replaced a liberal judge with (one who will hopefully mature into) a conservative --- and we did it within spitting distance of a Presidential election; the outcome of which could have kept the seat filled with a liberal for a generation.

What's happening now is no big whoop ... a liberal for a liberal in a liberal President's second year of his first term.

Other than breaking with the court's own decision on discrimination practices, this is a nothingburger.

Exactly, @Right_in_Virginia

Of course, you say it with a lot more 'eloquence'.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Just once I'd like to see the republicans have the balls to give the democrats back the same treatment they give. But republicans always worry they won't be liked and suffer at the polls, they need to learn that only rabid libs that already don't vote for them will be upset.

I would guess that the DEMS are plotting a way to make the GOP appear as Racists in this process, but we're lucky it's a mid-term election and not a 'Big' one.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Exactly, @Right_in_Virginia

Of course, you say it with a lot more 'eloquence'.

:beer:

I was merely agreeing with YOU @DCPatriot    888high58888