Author Topic: BREAKING..... Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire, giving Biden a chance to nominate a re  (Read 4091 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Breyer's retirement from Supreme Court prompts 'Squad' to call for Black woman nominee: Biden, 'you promised'
Biden previously pledged to nominate Black woman to the Supreme Court
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/squad-black-woman-supreme-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It will be fun to watch the dysfunctional US Senate fail to do its job again.

Dem Senators up for re-election in Red and Purple states may be reluctant to vote for progressive moonbat.

Let's see what parade of misfits is on the short list.

I know one person who would love a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court ...

Putting Hillary on the Supreme Court coveniently clears the path to the 2024 Democratic Presidential Nomination for Dem wannabees.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden has long been preparing for a Supreme Court pick
By JESSICA GRESKO and COLLEEN LONGan hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden has already narrowed the field for his first Supreme Court pick.

Biden said as a presidential candidate that if he were given the chance to nominate someone to the court, he would make history by choosing a Black woman. And word on Wednesday that Justice Stephen Breyer plans to retire should give Biden that opportunity.

“As president, I’d be honored, honored to appoint the first African American woman. Because it should look like the country. It’s long past time,” Biden said in February 2020 shortly before South Carolina’s presidential primary.

The White House has reiterated Biden’s campaign pledge since his election.

Almost all recent Supreme Court picks have been federal appeals judges. And since Biden took office in January 2021, he has worked to dramatically expand his options in that potential candidate pool by nominating five Black women who are currently sitting on federal appeals courts, with three more nominations pending before the Senate.

more
https://apnews.com/article/biden-supreme-court-nominee-breyer-replacement-41912ca7a5919759cefb01cd82f7f97e
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Biden said it has to be a black woman.

Translate that to Susan Rice being his nominee.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 08:35:50 pm by mystery-ak »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Translate that to Susan Rice being his nominee.

Oh...I forgot about her....hmmmm!
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Susan Rice might be the only other person as objectionable, or more objectionable, than Hillary Clinton.  But common sense hasn't stopped their bad ideas, so far.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Let's see what gem of obstructionism that Mitch McConnell will invent to delay filling the seat until there is a GOP majority in the US Senate.

:2popcorn:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Multiple sources tell me Justice Breyer was not planning to announce his retirement today. They describe him as "upset" with how this has played out. We still await any official notice from his office and/or the #SCOTUS public information office.— Shannon Bream (@ShannonBream) January 26, 2022

Offline Kamaji

Let's see what gem of obstructionism that Mitch McConnell will invent to delay filling the seat until there is a GOP majority in the US Senate.

:2popcorn:

I doubt very much that he'll do that.  At most, he'll use just enough delaying tactics that the Senate will not be able to take up any of the real boondoggles the democrats want to get through, like BBB or their voter fraud initiative.

A bit more clarity. I'm told Justice Breyer had firmly decided on his own to retire and that an announcement was due very soon. And while it appears someone jumped the gun on that, better to characterize him as surprised by events today than "upset".— Shannon Bream (@ShannonBream) January 26, 2022

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The ol' pre-announce the retirement to coerce actual retirement trick.

Man, the progressive moonbats have embraced playing dirty pool and eating their own young.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 09:07:24 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

:whistle:

Jonathan Turley
@Jonathan Turley

Jen Psaki just reaffirmed that the President will only consider a black woman for the next nomination -- a threshold gender and race condition that the Court itself has found unconstitutional for schools and unlawful for private businesses.

2:47 PM · Jan 26, 2022  Twitter Web App

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
:whistle:

Jonathan Turley
@Jonathan Turley

Jen Psaki just reaffirmed that the President will only consider a black woman for the next nomination -- a threshold gender and race condition that the Court itself has found unconstitutional for schools and unlawful for private businesses.

2:47 PM · Jan 26, 2022  Twitter Web App

Friggin’ ridiculous.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Black?
Woman?

My I introduce the most fabulous Supreme Court Nominee, ever, RuPaul:

Who is anyone to say she's not a black woman?

Offline Kamaji

Black?
Woman?

My I introduce the most fabulous Supreme Court Nominee, ever, RuPaul:

Who is anyone to say she's not a black woman?

Awesome!

Online andy58-in-nh

Awesome!

Better looking than Ginsburg. Even if "she"'s got a unit.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Downplays Kamala Harris Rumors for Supreme Court

Rumors of Kamala Harris as a possible Supreme Court nominee resurfaced as several reports broke the news that Justice Stephen Breyer plans to retire this year.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/26/white-house-downplays-kamala-harris-rumors-for-supreme-court/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Turley: Biden’s Black, Female Supreme Court Requirement ‘Unconstitutional’ in Other Contexts

George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley noted Wednesday that President Joe Biden’s criteria for a new Supreme Court justice — that she be black and female — are “unconstitutional” in other contexts, according to the Court itself.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/26/turley-bidens-black-female-supreme-court-requirement-unconstitutional-in-other-contexts/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Justice Breyer ‘Upset’ Retirement Plan Leaked

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer on Wednesday reportedly became upset after plans of his supposed retirement leaked to the establishment media.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/26/report-justice-breyer-upset-retirement-plan-leaked/
Support the USO

Online corbe

My $$$'s on one of these two, though both have lost their License to practice Law (not necessary to serve on the USSC).

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Turley: Biden’s Black, Female Supreme Court Requirement ‘Unconstitutional’ in Other Contexts

George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley noted Wednesday that President Joe Biden’s criteria for a new Supreme Court justice — that she be black and female — are “unconstitutional” in other contexts, according to the Court itself.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/26/turley-bidens-black-female-supreme-court-requirement-unconstitutional-in-other-contexts/

That should be played up for all its worth at the confirmation hearings.  Hay should be made.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'll guess that someone made Mr. Breyer an offa he couldn't refuse...

Offline Kamaji

I'll guess that someone made Mr. Breyer an offa he couldn't refuse...

I seriously doubt that.  He knows he's getting close to the time when he'll have to leave, and he wants to leave on his own terms and not those that Fate would dish out.  He also wants to have some certainty about his replacement.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden's stooge Ron Kline probably pushed this out to the press so not to wait till the June end term normal announcement timing. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.