Author Topic: Peter Doocy mishandled Biden's phone call  (Read 67 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Peter Doocy mishandled Biden's phone call
« on: January 26, 2022, 02:54:20 pm »
January 26, 2022
Peter Doocy mishandled Biden's phone call
By Andrea Widburg

The big news on Monday night was that Joe Biden, in response to a perfectly appropriate question from Fox News White House correspondent Steve Doocy, not only refused to answer, but openly and into the mic called Doocy a "stupid son of a b‑‑‑‑."  Biden then called Doocy, ostensibly to apologize.  In fact, he didn't apologize at all, but Doocy seemed happy to be the nice guy who accepted a private non-apology in exchange for a public insult.  In other words, Doocy handled the whole thing completely wrong.

To refresh your recollection, here's Biden loudly, openly, explicitly calling a member of the media a "stupid son of a b‑‑‑‑" for asking a question for which Biden had no good answer:

excerpt:
You caught, I'm sure, that Biden never actually apologized.  Instead, he "cleared the air"; there was a "nice call"; and Biden said, "It's nothing personal, pal."  That's the typical non-apology "apology" of a thin-skinned, insecure narcissist.

But hey!  Biden's gotta Biden.  Coarse, insecure, vulgar men never apologize.

My beef is with Peter Doocy.  Preliminarily, I think highly of Doocy because he's willing to ask questions that no one else in the press room asks.  (Others in the alternative media would, but they're barred from the press room.)  Doocy's not as probing as I would wish, but he does push harder than anyone else, and that's definitely something.

As to this matter, though, Doocy failed completely.  He shouldn't have had a "nice call" with Biden and said he didn't need an apology.  He did need an apology...a big one.  What he should have said was, "Mr. Biden, you very publicly and crudely insulted me.  I expect an equally public, explicit apology."  And that should have been the whole call, followed by daily reminders.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/01/peter_doocy_mishandled_bidens_phone_call_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Peter Doocy mishandled Biden's phone call
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 03:01:52 pm »
Doocy didn't make himself the story.  He's  a reporter. 

Well done.