Author Topic: Bomb cyclone could bring powerful nor'easter to Northeast cities this weekend  (Read 1080 times)

Offline libertybele

It's darn cold here in SWFL and by Saturday night it is supposed to dip down into the 30's.  It's been a very long time since I've seen weather this cold.  I'm hoping that our palm trees make it.  :shrug:

Bomb cyclone could bring powerful nor'easter to Northeast cities this weekend

A rapidly intensifying storm known as a bomb cyclone could bring crippling winter weather across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic this weekend. Snow, ice, strong winds and flooding are all on the table, giving rise to potentially hazardous travel conditions in those regions.
"Confidence is increasing that a significant winter storm will create considerable impacts Friday through the weekend from the Mid-Atlantic through the Northeast," the Weather Prediction Center said Tuesday morning.
The storm is expected to move up the East Coast Friday into Saturday -- its location in relation to the coast will determine whether there's a wintry mix or a foot of snow.

Unfortunately, the forecast models are split on exactly where the low pressure system tracks and how strong it becomes by the end of the week................

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/weather/noreaster-forecast-bomb-cyclone-weekend-storm/index.html
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 11:30:44 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

It's already started with a light snow shower in NYC.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Yeah, so what?  It's January ... it's New England ... Winter happens.  It could be a whopper; it could be a dud.  We'll know by Sunday.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's freaking Winter boys and girls!  WHO IN THE HELL CARES??   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Have the "climatologists" cried globull warming and anthropomorphic climate change yet? How soon before manbearpig starts rattling his cage again? As others have said it's January, winter happens. While I feel for those that are affected, living there is after all a choice, like those who live where hurricanes or tornadoes happen or me living where the is big risk of earthquakes which by the way have no season rhyme or reason.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's snow.  It will melt, eventually.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's freaking Winter boys and girls!  WHO IN THE HELL CARES??   :shrug:

88devil

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nor'easter leaves over 100,000 in the dark as blizzard conditions pound East Coast

A powerful nor'easter has left more than 100,000 people in the dark on Saturday afternoon as the snowstorm continues to impact the East Coast.

As of 3:30 p.m., 134,573 customers were without power in Massachusetts and New York State as a result of the nor'easter, according to power tracking service PowerOutage.us.

Massachusetts accounted for most of the power outages, with 123,231 customers without power, compared with 11,342 in New York.

According to Fox Weather, nearly 10 million people living on the East Coast were at risk of losing power in the historic storm.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Incredible video shows Nantucket UNDERWATER as winter storm Kenan barrels through New England: More than 30 inches of snow could fall in parts of Massachusetts

Parts of Nantucket were seen to be underwater on Saturday as a winter storm lashed the region
    Winds gusted as high as 70mph on Nantucket and over 60mph elsewhere in eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island
    More than 4,500 flights were cancelled across the US, while Amtrak cancelled all of its high-speed Acela trains between Boston and Washington
    More than 89,000 customers remained in the dark in Massachusetts
    The worst of the storm was expected to blow over by Sunday morning into Canada, where several provinces are now under warnings

By James Gordon For Dailymail.com and Wires

Published: 21:52 EST, 29 January 2022 | Updated: 02:05 EST, 30 January 2022

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10456177/Incredible-video-shows-Nantucket-UNDERWATER-winter-storm-barrels-New-England.html
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Officially a blizzard. First since 2018.  The usual low lying costoal locales, from which reporters love to do storm live shots, experienced some splashover and storm surge at high tide.  Nothing out of the ordinary for these parts.

The real news is that eastern Mass has gone almost 4 years without such a winter storm.