Author Topic: Disney rethinking ‘Snow White’ after Peter Dinklage calls out use of dwarves  (Read 1100 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Disney rethinking ‘Snow White’ after Peter Dinklage calls out use of dwarves
By Samantha Ibrahim   
January 25, 2022 4:37pm

Actor Peter Dinklage called out the supposedly “progressive” live-action remake of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.”

And Disney heard him.

The “Game of Thrones” star, 52, appeared on Marc Maron’s “WTF” podcast on Monday where he slammed the new film, calling the use of dwarves “f – – king backwards.”

In response, Disney said the filmmakers will be working with culture consultants to improve the story.

“To avoid reinforcing stereotypes from the original animated film, we are taking a different approach with these seven characters and have been consulting with members of the dwarfism community,” a Disney spokesperson told The Post. “We look forward to sharing more as the film heads into production after a lengthy development period.”

The spokesperson declined to comment further on what the characters might look like instead. The film is still years from release.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/01/25/disney-rethinking-snow-white-after-peter-dinklage-comments/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
His work in GOT was epic.  Too bad he had to ride the "Woke Express"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's only a matter of time before the wokesters take down every attraction in the parks.  Disney would be smart to start shutting down all the US Parks and go back to just making movies and running the Parks in less stupid countries, like Japan.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
I recently bought Disney's "Song of the South" with Uncle Remus for my grandchildren.  Just don't mess with the classics!  I don't give a hoot in hell what Peter Dinklage thinks!

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I recently bought Disney's "Song of the South" with Uncle Remus for my grandchildren.  Just don't mess with the classics!  I don't give a hoot in hell what Peter Dinklage thinks!

I think they already banned that one, or significantly editied it. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The little pr*ck made his money being a little pr*ck
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:24:24 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Snow White and the 7 Faucies? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have no use for 99% of what Disney has pushed in the last two or three decades, way out balancing the few good products are a ton of social justice crap and re writes of classics along with an unhealthy anti family push. My BIL has worked(kind of but not actually work work) for almost forty years so we could get free passes to the Anaheim Disney resort several times a year but I just don't have a desire to go to an overpriced, overbooked stress filled hell hole.

Offline libertybele

I've had enough of the "woke" culture crappola.   9999hair out0000

Hi, Ho, Hi Ho!!!  For crying out loud.  People need to get a freakin' grip!!!!

Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Swiss Family Robinson, The Lion King**, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Dumbo, Bambi, Toy Story, Cars, Up, Frozen, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and so many more.  I loved taking my kids and the grandkids to these movies -- what is not to like???

** my all time favorite
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

Disney is irrelevant just like the rest of that crowd...

Online roamer_1

Snow White and the 7 Faucies?

Ain't the proper definition of a dwarf just a midget that is too big to toss?

Offline Idiot

YIKES!!!!!   happy77 happy77 happy77

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

I'll put that up there with cat juggling at a PETA convention.......

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"culture consultants", that's a job now?

How about replacing the dwarves with drunken illegal immigrant gender-dysmorphic non-binary autistic Irish leprechaun transexuals?

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Said Heels-Up Harris, never.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

So what are they going to do?  Airbrush all of Snow White and replace the dwarves with people-of-average-stature?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
So what are they going to do?  Airbrush all of Snow White and replace the dwarves with people-of-average-stature?

I think you have given the woke mob its solution it needs.   :silly:

Just rename the movie to :  Snow White and the People of Statistically Below Average Stature. 

Offline EdinVA

Just rename the movie to :  Snow White and the People of Statistically Below Average Stature.

Vertically Challenged...

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Gotta change some of the names, too.  Can't be calling any one of them "Dopey" after all.

Online roamer_1

And thus the reason for my only other post on this thread.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dinklage Tries To Cancel 'Snow White' But Comes Up Short
Entertainment
January 26th, 2022 - BabylonBee.com

HOLLYWOOD, CA—Beloved Hollywood starlet Peter Dinklage pushed back against Disney’s live-action remake of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, but his efforts seem to have come up short.

“I feel cut off at the legs,” said the Game of Thrones star after hearing Disney’s low decision to keep dwarves in a movie about dwarves. “I expected at least a teeny-weeny concession from Disney; I feel overlooked.”

“Our attempts at inclusion were far from minuscule,” said Disney Chief Inclusion Officer, Lilly Putte. “We consulted with underrepresented communities through every teensy, minute detail, no matter how tiny. To hear Mr. Dinklage get on his soapbox and accuse us of a pint-sized effort, well it feels a wee bit stunted.”

Dinklage, who achieved stardom with a diminutive role in the movie “Elf,” as a man mistaken for an elf, admitted he feels in over his head a little when overshadowed by greedy movie executives.

His experience may be proof that universal inclusion in Hollywood may be—for now at least—too high a bar to reach.

https://babylonbee.com/news/dinklage-tries-to-cancel-snow-white-but-comes-up-short
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs um... "Little Guys"

Online roamer_1

Dinklage Tries To Cancel 'Snow White' But Comes Up Short

HA! I see what they did there...  :silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
“Our attempts at inclusion were far from minuscule,” said Disney Chief Inclusion Officer, Lilly Putte
If not for that name, I never would've caught that this was the Bee. Such is the line between satire and reality these days.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

The little pr*ck made his money being a little pr*ck
Or a little dink(lage).