Author Topic: OPERATION: KILLSWITCH Freedom Convoy 2022; Truckers for Freedom  (Read 42002 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: OPERATION: KILLSWITCH Freedom Convoy 2022; Truckers for Freedom
« Reply #1675 on: February 21, 2022, 09:25:23 pm »
Paul was not only critical of the powers recently invoked by Trudeau, but of those still in the books in the United States.
Good to know!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1677 on: February 21, 2022, 10:33:48 pm »
catfish bit on the hook with:
"Candace Ownens has suggested U.S. send troops to Canada....
She's normally really good with op-eds....WTF is wrong with her?"

Nothing, as far as I can see.
If Mr. Trump was still in office, it's EXACTLY what I would support, under the premise of "restoring democratic/parliamentary rule of the people" there.

Round up the leftists and ...
(this post is made with the intent to be taken seriously)

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1678 on: February 21, 2022, 10:44:36 pm »
catfish bit on the hook with:
"Candace Ownens has suggested U.S. send troops to Canada....
She's normally really good with op-eds....WTF is wrong with her?"

Nothing, as far as I can see.
If Mr. Trump was still in office, it's EXACTLY what I would support, under the premise of "restoring democratic/parliamentary rule of the people" there.

Round up the leftists and ...
(this post is made with the intent to be taken seriously)

@Fishrrman

So, say it is 1862, and the UK which is by far the most powerful entity in the world looks at the United States and out of the blue Queen Victoria/UK Parliament says either :

(1) The institution of slavey is abhorrent.  We are goiing to intervene, and bring this former colony in line with UK's thinking through force, and independent of the existing Union leadership.

or

(2). This new president Lincoln is unlawfully suspending public liberties, and we need to intervene, and extract him from his present office, and we can not stand to have our cotton imports disrupted by this Union Army.  We need to sink their ships in the blockade.

Just wondering what position you would take....

« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 10:47:55 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1679 on: February 21, 2022, 11:14:47 pm »
@Fishrrman

So, say it is 1862, and the UK which is by far the most powerful entity in the world looks at the United States and out of the blue Queen Victoria/UK Parliament says either :

(1) The institution of slavey is abhorrent.  We are goiing to intervene, and bring this former colony in line with UK's thinking through force, and independent of the existing Union leadership.

or

(2). This new president Lincoln is unlawfully suspending public liberties, and we need to intervene, and extract him from his present office, and we can not stand to have our cotton imports disrupted by this Union Army.  We need to sink their ships in the blockade.

@catfish1957

Gimme a break on that slavery crap because the northern industrialists didn't give a damn about slavery back then,and are all for it now. Hell,for all practical purposes,they were for it then because they wanted the black slaves in the south freed (Notice that not a word was whispered about northern slaves at the time) in order to be in a position to fire the European immigrants working in their sweat shops that were starting to get pissy about working for slave wages and being forced to buy their food and clothing from company stores using the company credit slips they were getting paid with. Once the "furrin troublemakers" put an end to that business,it was time for the industrialists to find replacements,and who better than the illiterate blacks that couldn't even read or write and knew nothing about anything?

On top of that,they got to ruin the economy in the south and buy up huge tracts of fertile farm land for back taxes,install their own men as the local sheriff's and judges,and in every other respect do a complete police state takeover of the south.

Just look at the Biltmore estate as one still standing example.

The norther industrialists used the excuse of slavery to buy the south for a penny on the dollar,and even run the court systems so none of the locals had a chance to fight them in  court.

THIS is why so many southerners just left the south and immigrated to the west after the War of Northern Oppression. They were virtually penniless and landless after losing their homes and everything they owned due to unpaid back taxes while away fighting the war,and land was usually free to them out west if they just went there and settled it.

On top of that,the freed blacks were suddenly out of jobs as well as places to live and get fed and clothed,and pretty much had no choice but to work any job they were offered that fed them. Can you say "yankee sweat shops" and "company housing"?

Tell me,how is that different than slavery,other than under slavery the slave owners were responsible for feeding,clothing,and housing the slaves,and providing them with medical care. The industrialists provided this,but took it out of the pay of the people who worked for them and who had no idea how to handle money or what was a fair price to pay for anything.

Granted,the whites that worked in similar circumstances like the coal miners,weren't much better off.

BTW,who owned the coal mines?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1680 on: February 21, 2022, 11:21:59 pm »
@catfish1957

Gimme a break on that slavery crap because the northern industrialists didn't give a damn about slavery back then,and are all for it now. Hell,for all practical purposes,they were for it then because they wanted the black slaves in the south freed (Notice that not a word was whispered about northern slaves at the time) in order to be in a position to fire the European immigrants working in their sweat shops that were starting to get pissy about working for slave wages and being forced to buy their food and clothing from company stores using the company credit slips they were getting paid with. Once the "furrin troublemakers" put an end to that business,it was time for the industrialists to find replacements,and who better than the illiterate blacks that couldn't even read or write and knew nothing about anything?

On top of that,they got to ruin the economy in the south and buy up huge tracts of fertile farm land for back taxes,install their own men as the local sheriff's and judges,and in every other respect do a complete police state takeover of the south.

Just look at the Biltmore estate as one still standing example.

The norther industrialists used the excuse of slavery to buy the south for a penny on the dollar,and even run the court systems so none of the locals had a chance to fight them in  court.

THIS is why so many southerners just left the south and immigrated to the west after the War of Northern Oppression. They were virtually penniless and landless after losing their homes and everything they owned due to unpaid back taxes while away fighting the war,and land was usually free to them out west if they just went there and settled it.

On top of that,the freed blacks were suddenly out of jobs as well as places to live and get fed and clothed,and pretty much had no choice but to work any job they were offered that fed them. Can you say "yankee sweat shops" and "company housing"?

Tell me,how is that different than slavery,other than under slavery the slave owners were responsible for feeding,clothing,and housing the slaves,and providing them with medical care. The industrialists provided this,but took it out of the pay of the people who worked for them and who had no idea how to handle money or what was a fair price to pay for anything.

Granted,the whites that worked in similar circumstances like the coal miners,weren't much better off.

BTW,who owned the coal mines?

Pete...  WTF?  You missed the entire point of this exercise.  These were two infered scenarios and theoretical opinions both being digested from the POV of the British. 

And how we as a country would view that intervention say, versus someone endorsing us as a country invading Canada in the present crisis.   :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1681 on: February 21, 2022, 11:53:00 pm »
The Canadian parliament's vote on Trudeau's use of the war powers act is coming up at 8pm ET, I believe.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #1682 on: February 21, 2022, 11:58:47 pm »
 :bkmk:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #1683 on: February 22, 2022, 12:05:35 am »
VivaFrei doing a live stream on the Canadian Parliament vote on whether to keep the Emergency Powers, or not:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bse-gi5Gy4w
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1684 on: February 22, 2022, 12:07:21 am »
VivaFrei doing a live stream on the Canadian Parliament vote on whether to keep the Emergency Powers, or not:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bse-gi5Gy4w

If they vote it down, will the vote be retroactive or not?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1685 on: February 22, 2022, 12:11:26 am »
@Fishrrman

or

@catfish1957

It was the second scenario that very nearly happened.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #1686 on: February 22, 2022, 12:14:28 am »
If they vote it down, will the vote be retroactive or not?

My understanding from watching live streams like the one I linked to above, is that the Prime Minister has a week from the time the Emergency Act is invoked. After that one week, Parliament must vote on whether to let the Emergency Act stay in effect, or expire. If they don't vote, it expires automatically after the 7 days are up. Turdeau declared the Act in effect on Feb. 14, so they have to hold the vote today or it expires.

I don't think that they can declare that it shouldn't have been invoked... but the courts can declare that Turdeau overstepped what the law allowed him to do.

EDIT: I am not an expert. All of my knowledge on this topic is second-hand at best.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 12:15:54 am by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1687 on: February 22, 2022, 12:40:00 am »
My understanding from watching live streams like the one I linked to above, is that the Prime Minister has a week from the time the Emergency Act is invoked. After that one week, Parliament must vote on whether to let the Emergency Act stay in effect, or expire. If they don't vote, it expires automatically after the 7 days are up. Turdeau declared the Act in effect on Feb. 14, so they have to hold the vote today or it expires.

I don't think that they can declare that it shouldn't have been invoked... but the courts can declare that Turdeau overstepped what the law allowed him to do.

EDIT: I am not an expert. All of my knowledge on this topic is second-hand at best.

So basically, Trudeau gets away with his little bout of fascism, and the arrested truckers lives remain wrecked. 

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #1688 on: February 22, 2022, 12:43:30 am »
So basically, Trudeau gets away with his little bout of fascism, and the arrested truckers lives remain wrecked.

For now I think that is the case. But there are several lawsuits already in motion from what I have heard, so who knows what the ultimate outcome will be.
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1689 on: February 22, 2022, 12:49:20 am »
For now I think that is the case. But there are several lawsuits already in motion from what I have heard, so who knows what the ultimate outcome will be.

Thanks!!

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #1690 on: February 22, 2022, 01:35:31 am »
Thanks!!

The House of Commons voted to uphold the Emergency Act. Now the Canadian Senate will vote, and will probably confirm it. Canada is now officially a totalitarian state.
Let it burn.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1691 on: February 22, 2022, 01:54:44 am »
ghost floated over with:
"The House of Commons voted to uphold the Emergency Act. Now the Canadian Senate will vote, and will probably confirm it. Canada is now officially a totalitarian state."

In view of my reply #1677 above, all the more reason to send the American army into Canada and "liberate" the population from Trudeaunian tyranny.

Heck, we spent 20 years in Afghanistan trying to do so for a population that really didn't want us there or simply didn't care. Wasted money, wasted lives, wasted time.

I trust there are a large number of Canadians (not the entire country, but I'd reckon 40-45%) that would like to fight for the freedoms they used to have, but have no wherewithal to do it.

Time to "liberate" them.
Add the western provinces to the USA.
Let Ontario and B.C. go their own way.
Quebec can become the separate nation it wants to be.
The Martimes can become "new states" of New England.

Let's create a REAL "North American Union"...  8-)

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #1692 on: February 22, 2022, 01:58:47 am »
ghost floated over with:
"The House of Commons voted to uphold the Emergency Act. Now the Canadian Senate will vote, and will probably confirm it. Canada is now officially a totalitarian state."

In view of my reply #1677 above, all the more reason to send the American army into Canada and "liberate" the population from Trudeaunian tyranny.

Heck, we spent 20 years in Afghanistan trying to do so for a population that really didn't want us there or simply didn't care. Wasted money, wasted lives, wasted time.

I trust there are a large number of Canadians (not the entire country, but I'd reckon 40-45%) that would like to fight for the freedoms they used to have, but have no wherewithal to do it.

Time to "liberate" them.
Add the western provinces to the USA.
Let Ontario and B.C. go their own way.
Quebec can become the separate nation it wants to be.
The Martimes can become "new states" of New England.

Let's create a REAL "North American Union"...  8-)
Lberate?  They voted for this crap.. they deserve what they get..

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1693 on: February 22, 2022, 02:02:00 am »
Oh Canada!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1694 on: February 22, 2022, 02:03:25 am »
@Fishrrman

or

Raphael Semmes was a relative. That should answer your question.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #1695 on: February 22, 2022, 02:21:28 am »
Canada is now officially fascist - and they voted for it.

No excuses.

Too bad for them.

Are we next?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1696 on: February 22, 2022, 02:31:43 am »
Ottawa police set up 100 checkpoints throughout city, say travelers ‘simply’ need to explain any movement
February 21, 2022 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Following the Ottawa police clearing out the “Freedom Convoy” trucker protest downtown and arresting many peaceful demonstrators, they are now alerting travelers coming into the city that they’ll be stopped at one of 100 checkpoints and will have to give a reason for being there.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/21/ottawa-police-set-up-100-checkpoints-throughout-city-say-travelers-simply-need-to-explain-any-movement-1204057/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1697 on: February 22, 2022, 02:32:42 am »
Leaked Messages Reveal Canadian Police Celebrating Abuse of Freedom Convoy Protesters
By Nick Arama | Feb 21, 2022 7:15 PM ET

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are acknowledging the messages that were leaked out of a chat group “RCMP Musical Ride” that included officers joking about and cheering the abuse of protesters.

As we’ve reported there have been multiple instances where the police engaged in what appeared to be excessive force including beating and kicking people, hitting them with rifle butts, and — perhaps most infamously — running over people with their horses. The RCMP officers joked and laughed about it in their chat.

https://twitter.com/1AmKa3/status/1495260242434744323

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/02/21/leaked-messages-reveal-canadian-police-celebrating-abuse-of-freedom-convoy-protesters-n525789
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1698 on: February 22, 2022, 02:44:52 am »
Leaked Messages Reveal Canadian Police Celebrating Abuse of Freedom Convoy Protesters
By Nick Arama | Feb 21, 2022 7:15 PM ET

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are acknowledging the messages that were leaked out of a chat group “RCMP Musical Ride” that included officers joking about and cheering the abuse of protesters.

As we’ve reported there have been multiple instances where the police engaged in what appeared to be excessive force including beating and kicking people, hitting them with rifle butts, and — perhaps most infamously — running over people with their horses. The RCMP officers joked and laughed about it in their chat.

https://twitter.com/1AmKa3/status/1495260242434744323

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/02/21/leaked-messages-reveal-canadian-police-celebrating-abuse-of-freedom-convoy-protesters-n525789

Will there be any discipline as a result?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1699 on: February 22, 2022, 02:46:55 am »
Will there be any discipline as a result?
Merde! They will probably get medals for their bravery!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis