Author Topic: Government data show 'vax-free' LESS likely to get COVID  (Read 663 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Government data show 'vax-free' LESS likely to get COVID
« on: January 25, 2022, 12:43:52 pm »
WND 1/24/2024

Rate of infection more than twice as high for vaccinated people

Data released by the Scottish government shows people who have been vaccinated with two or three doses of the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are more likely to become infected, be hospitalized or die than people who are unvaccinated.

The Public Health Scotland data from the past four weeks showed a rate of infection of 866 per 100,000 people for the double vaccinated and 481 per 100,000 for the boosted, or triple vaccinated.

The unvaccinated had a rate of infection of 413 per 100,000.

The death rate of those who have had two shots is about 12 per 100,000 which is more than 50% higher than the rate for the unvaccinated,

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/01/government-data-show-vax-free-less-likely-get-covid/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Government data show 'vax-free' LESS likely to get COVID
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 12:45:51 pm »
 :bkmk:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 09:15:08 pm »
Mr. M just got into an argument with his liberal sister (he was trying to call her to wish a happy birthday, but she had to turn it into a Covid fight). She claimed that over 90% of the people in hospital for Covid are unvaxxed, and the vaccinated wouldn't be getting sick at all, but for the unvaxxed.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 06:31:55 am »
Mr. M just got into an argument with his liberal sister (he was trying to call her to wish a happy birthday, but she had to turn it into a Covid fight). She claimed that over 90% of the people in hospital for Covid are unvaxxed, and the vaccinated wouldn't be getting sick at all, but for the unvaxxed.  *****rollingeyes*****
Her Karma just might run over her dogma yet. I pray she stays healthy.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 12:51:36 pm »
Her Karma just might run over her dogma yet. I pray she stays healthy.
At one point, she cried, " I could die!"
I told Mr. M he should have reminded her she WILL die, as we all will. I think part of the problem is that she has rejected God and won't admit she's afraid. She's a scientist and wants to believe she knows everything.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 01:24:25 pm »

That's a shame.  I make an effort to keep these things out of family matters as much as I can.  I'm sure Mr. M does, too.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 02:15:08 pm »
She's a scientist[...]
Apparently not a very good one if her hypothesis is that she can die because you don't have a vaccine.  No offense intended, of course.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 02:20:40 pm »
This is almost certainly an artifact of the different vaccination rates among different age groups and the fact that infections among the young will generally not result in serious cases, regardless of whether or not they were vaccinated.  The data is from Scotland, where the vaccination rates among those over 60 are over 95% while the vaccination rate for 18 to 29 year olds is about 44%, that for 30 to 39 year olds about 55% (and those for older middle age between 72% and 83%).  Guess which age groups have always had more serious outcomes all through the pandemic...

Give me a study with rates of serious outcomes worse among the vaccinated after controlling for age and comorbidities and I'll take notice.  Otherwise this is just statistical illiteracy being used for anti-vaxx propaganda purposes.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2022, 02:26:13 pm »

We need some state legislators to get busy.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 03:17:28 pm »
I told Mr. M he should have reminded her she WILL die, as we all will. I think part of the problem is that she has rejected God and won't admit she's afraid. She's a scientist and wants to believe she knows everything.
Strange.
I'm a scientist and I KNOW I don't know everything.
The more I learn, it seems, the less I know.

Every answer leads to more questions.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 03:44:32 pm »
This is almost certainly an artifact of the different vaccination rates among different age groups and the fact that infections among the young will generally not result in serious cases, regardless of whether or not they were vaccinated.  The data is from Scotland, where the vaccination rates among those over 60 are over 95% while the vaccination rate for 18 to 29 year olds is about 44%, that for 30 to 39 year olds about 55% (and those for older middle age between 72% and 83%).  Guess which age groups have always had more serious outcomes all through the pandemic...

Give me a study with rates of serious outcomes worse among the vaccinated after controlling for age and comorbidities and I'll take notice.  Otherwise this is just statistical illiteracy being used for anti-vaxx propaganda purposes.
Is it any different than the gov't sponsored "pro-vaxx" propaganda we've been subjected to for almost 2 years?  Highly doubtful.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 04:00:13 pm »

Was she adopted?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2022, 04:04:36 pm »
Rate of infection more than twice as high for vaccinated people

OK, let's think about this.  Are you seriously saying that a person who receive an injection that is genetically engineered to turn off the human immune response is somehow more likely to get infected than a person whose natural immune response remains unhindered?  Somebody should get a Nobel Prize for figuring that out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 04:09:52 pm »
OK, let's think about this.  Are you seriously saying that a person who receive an injection that is genetically engineered to turn off the human immune response is somehow more likely to get infected than a person whose natural immune response remains unhindered?  Somebody should get a Nobel Prize for figuring that out.
Nobel Prizes aren't what they used to be.

The guy who got one for developing Ivermectin got banned from YouTube because 'he didn't know enough about the drug and was spreading misinformation'.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 04:43:21 pm »
Nobel Prizes aren't what they used to be.

The guy who got one for developing Ivermectin got banned from YouTube because 'he didn't know enough about the drug and was spreading misinformation'.

It is clear that Japan listened.  Ivermectin is now their first route of treatment.  For Jan 2022, their Covid fatality rate was 0.04%.  Quite extraordinary when one considers the average age of the Japanese population.