Author Topic: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues  (Read 7546 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2022, 12:01:26 am »
You'd think it would crack the news past page 10 wouldn't you?

This is gonna get ugly. Rising interest rates, rising inflation, and it looks like the economy may have started petering out

Yet they still want to spend more
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2022, 07:48:09 am »
Only a blind/blinders fool would believe that Obamas spending, Trumps spending, and Bidens spending is all Trumps fault.  Could it be more clearer by just those they give a pass to, and supposedly it doesn't matter if they give the money to our enemies?  Insane excuses to try to reach reasonable assertions.  Does it get more insane?
 :whistle:

No one said that. I said they are all equally culpable - Boosh, OBummer, Tumpy, and Bidet. Same damn thing. No different.

And no, it doesn't matter where the money is going- We don't have the money to spend. PERIOD.
Unless somebody puts the brakes on, none of the rest matters once hyperinflation comes to call.

That IS the existential threat. And you wave it off and justify it... For your guy. Bullsh*t.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2022, 08:32:34 am »
God help us...he'll only make things even worse...all by design.

@libertybele

A MINIMUM of 10 percent of the money he plans on "saving" will go directly into one of his offshore accounts.

As hard as it may be to believe,this retard is maybe the biggest thief that has ever occupied the WH.

Since we all know it can't possibly be him or his offsprung that were the masterminds behind this,I have to wonder who the hell it was and what their cut was.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2022, 08:34:55 am »
Biden inherited this mess from Trump, but he has done nothing to reverse the harmful policies.  Quite the opposite.  Now he owns the inflation.

@cato potatoe

You are delusional,and that is being kind.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2022, 08:38:42 am »
Damning Trump for spending, spending that was restoring America, and leaving out Bidens spending, giving Biden a pass.  Seems we had that give Biden a pass crap, and it put us in the mess we are now in, but, but, but, keep taking cheap shots are Trump and his followers.  As if that hasn't been tried with disastrous results.  Clearly a severe learning blockage.....
 :smokin: :reaper: :smokin:

@christian

It's all based on their jealousy of Trump being born into money.  In addition to it firing up their jealousy,it hurted their widdle feelings.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2022, 08:40:10 am »
Spending money you don't have is called 'destroying America', not restoring America.

@Hoodat

Yeah,what the hell. Just shut down the payments and let all the people retired on SS as well as government jobs like the military sell blood and live in the streets,right?

What color is the sky on your home planet?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2022, 08:44:05 am »
I haven’t seen a single individual here who had given Biden pass on spending. However, I’ve seen some here that either ignore the spending under Donald Trump or defend it

@LMAO

That's because unlike you,we understand the government has obligations,and unlike you,the government is obligated to meet it's obligations.

Can't wait to hear you explain to all of us the government had no financial obligations until Trump took office,and "hit all bees his falts!"

Can't say what I REALLY think of you selfish,self-centered clueless fools because Nancy would boot me from the board.

'

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2022, 08:45:52 am »
Odd how so many insist on Bidens screw-ups are Trumps fault,despite biden has aggressively reverseda great deal of what Trump accomplished.  Blind fools think forced energy dependence vs Trumps well established energy dependence and jobs for Americans   its Trumps fault and Bidens innocence, REALLY.  Lies and dementia are running rampant among-st Biden supporters, not that they will succeed in convincing many people with that lieing outrageous agenda.

@christian

It is jealousy behind it all.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2022, 12:33:33 pm »
@LMAO

That's because unlike you,we understand the government has obligations,and unlike you,the government is obligated to meet it's obligations.

Can't wait to hear you explain to all of us the government had no financial obligations until Trump took office,and "hit all bees his falts!"

Can't say what I REALLY think of you selfish,self-centered clueless fools because Nancy would boot me from the board.

'

Congratulations. You just made my point with your post

And your  post is why we will see even more printing, inflation and debt.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:41:57 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2022, 12:43:50 pm »
@Hoodat

Yeah,what the hell. Just shut down the payments and let all the people retired on SS as well as government jobs like the military sell blood and live in the streets,right?

You don’t grasp concepts like debt to GDP ratio, what 30 trillion in debt means, currency devaluation, and unfunded liabilities, do you?   

You can’t defeat math or the law of economics. Were do you think the money will come from to pay for all your big spending desires??? The rich?? There isn’t enough taxation that will cover all the spending you want without causing economic harm so the government has had to print and borrow over the years and now the chickens have come to roost
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:39:06 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2022, 12:54:04 pm »
@christian

It is jealousy behind it all.

How is being concerned about unsustainable debt a sign of jealousy? You lashing out at people who are concerned about this issue doesn’t change the consequences.

Whether big spending ideas come from Donald Trump, Biden, Sanders, or AOC, they still cost. We cannot afford anymore borrowing or printing

« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:20:27 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2022, 12:59:46 pm »
@cato potatoe

You are delusional,and that is being kind.

Why don’t you explain to him why he’s delusional. In fact, why don’t you try to explain why we are all wrong about the debt instead of just lashing out and name calling.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2022, 01:08:44 pm »
No one said that. I said they are all equally culpable - Boosh, OBummer, Tumpy, and Bidet. Same damn thing. No different.

And no, it doesn't matter where the money is going- We don't have the money to spend. PERIOD.
Unless somebody puts the brakes on, none of the rest matters once hyperinflation comes to call.

That IS the existential threat. And you wave it off and justify it... For your guy. Bullsh*t.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Congress is also culpable. In fact, probably more so

« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:15:53 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2022, 01:56:35 pm »
@Hoodat

@sneakypete

Since you mention Social Security, we could cut that budget by 30% without shorting a single retiree a dime.  And no one is proposing we short the military either.  Military spending represents less than 3% of GDP.  The problem is that 100% of income tax revenue goes towards direct cash payments to other individuals, and that still doesn't cover it.  Our income tax code is one big giant wealth redistribution program.  As for the functions that government actually is supposed to do, we simply print up money to cover those costs.  So yes, spending needs to be cut, and it needs to be cut drastically.

Back to Social Security, you want to fix that?  Then take the government out of the equation and let people invest that 15% of their income as they see fit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2022, 02:04:58 pm »
@sneakypete

Since you mention Social Security, we could cut that budget by 30% without shorting a single retiree a dime.  And no one is proposing we short the military either.  Military spending represents less than 3% of GDP.  The problem is that 100% of income tax revenue goes towards direct cash payments to other individuals, and that still doesn't cover it.  Our income tax code is one big giant wealth redistribution program.  As for the functions that government actually is supposed to do, we simply print up money to cover those costs.  So yes, spending needs to be cut, and it needs to be cut drastically.

Back to Social Security, you want to fix that?  Then take the government out of the equation and let people invest that 15% of their income as they see fit.

:beer:

I’ve had a link to the debt clock basically since I’ve been on this forum. I don’t think people like Christian and SP really understand the grave nature of the debt.

There is no amount of taxation that will pay it off or even reduce it. Only spending cuts, and maybe combined with robust economic activity, will do it
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 02:12:09 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2022, 02:09:32 pm »
@LMAO

'

Lol….

What you think of us  is minor compared to the fiscal situation that we’re facing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 02:14:22 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2022, 02:15:10 pm »

Congratulations. You just made my point with your post

And your  post is why we will see even more printing, inflation and debt.

@LMAO

And your reply proves my point,you are a professional fool.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2022, 02:23:33 pm »
Please discuss the article, not each other.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2022, 02:25:42 pm »
You don’t grasp concepts like debt to GDP ratio, what 30 trillion in debt means, currency devaluation, and unfunded liabilities, do you?   

You can’t defeat math or the law of economics. Were do you think the money will come from to pay for all your big spending desires??? The rich?? There isn’t enough taxation that will cover all the spending you want without causing economic harm so the government has had to print and borrow over the years and now the chickens have come to roost

@LMAO

MY "Big spending desires"???????

*I* didn't create the obligations,bubba.

The US Goobermint,which means thee and me,"created these obligations" to pay people their retirement pay,as well as provide certain other benefits.

Selfish,self-centered scum bags like you are so selfish you would rather see someone pimping your grannie out on the street before you would pay a dime in taxes to finance her SS check each month.

Not to mention disability pay for veterans wounded while fighting our wars,food and housing for children,etc,etc,etc.

Other than provide for the national defense,which I have no doubt you also oppose,what do you actually think the function of government is?

Does government have ANY obligation to keep the promises it has made to the citizens in your selfish,self-centered little world?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2022, 02:29:53 pm »
Joe's doing such a great job, and is so popular, his people are walling him in.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2022, 02:30:03 pm »
Why don’t you explain to him why he’s delusional. In fact, why don’t you try to explain why we are all wrong about the debt instead of just lashing out and name calling.

@LMAO

Simple. The world doesn't revolve around you and your selfish desires,and governments have an obligation to protect their citizens. After all,that is why governments are formed.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2022, 02:34:41 pm »
@LMAO

MY "Big spending desires"???????

*I* didn't create the obligations,bubba.

The US Goobermint,which means thee and me,"created these obligations" to pay people their retirement pay,as well as provide certain other benefits.

Selfish,self-centered scum bags like you are so selfish you would rather see someone pimping your grannie out on the street before you would pay a dime in taxes to finance her SS check each month.

Not to mention disability pay for veterans wounded while fighting our wars,food and housing for children,etc,etc,etc.

Other than provide for the national defense,which I have no doubt you also oppose,what do you actually think the function of government is?

Does government have ANY obligation to keep the promises it has made to the citizens in your selfish,self-centered little world?

What "obligations" are those?

Social security payments are not the same thing as payments under a private contract between private parties.  The federal government can cancel social security retirement (i.e., welfare) payments by simply repealing the law that authorizes them.

Nobody paid for a private annuity going in, when they paid the regressive income tax that was misleadingly called FICA and FUTA, and therefore nobody has a guaranteed right to private annuity payments going out.

If one thinks otherwise - and a lot of people seem to think otherwise - that simply demonstrates how effective government propaganda is.

That is why, if one really wants to "get what one paid for" social security should be reformed so that retirement taxes go into a private fund owned/controlled by the person who paid those retirement taxes - more or less like a 401(k).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2022, 02:34:58 pm »
Congress is also culpable. In fact, probably more so

@LMAO

Congress IS government for all practical purposes. THEY are the ones that create the budgets.

Yeah,Presidents have influence,and some have more influence than others,depending on which party has a voting majority in Congress,but the US Congress are the CMMFIC when he comes to writing and passing budgets.

This is one of the major reasons why getting control of Congress is so important.

Well,that and minor other little things like declaring war,deploying troops to undeclared wars,approving foreign aid budgets,etc,etc,etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2022, 02:36:17 pm »

@LMAO

Want me to explain why water is wet while I am at it?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2022, 02:37:45 pm »

For the record, I haven't seen a single person here advocating that retirees collecting Social Security should be denied those funds.  But you can put me at the top of the list of those who would gladly cut paying Social Security funds to persons below retirement age.  That group represents 30% of total Social Security payouts.

You can also put me at the top of the list of those who think that working people should be able to invest their Social Security taxes (i.e. 15% of their income) in retirement accounts instead of handing that money over to a government ponzi scheme.  The bottom line is that government spends too much money.  And it is morally wrong to steal our children's future by amassing a huge debt that we expect them to pay for our own excesses.  And it is also morally wrong to steal value from every person in America by devaluing our currency with printing presses.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-