Author Topic: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues  (Read 7523 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2022, 01:16:41 pm »
@roamer_1

Ok,bubba!

You have all the answers,so tell us what is going to happen when you get YOUR way,and tens of thousands,maybe even hundreds if thousands of people are put out of work overnight due to your dictates?

You,and I,may think their jobs are unnecessary,but I assure you,they,and the people they pay their house payments,car payments,kids clothes and lunches,etc,etc,etc to each week or month think those payments are pretty damn necessary.

I don't have a job available to me because of my "need".  I have a job available to me because (from my employer's perspective) I create more value to my employer than they pay me.  Likewise, federal soldiers aren't given jobs because they "need" jobs.  They have jobs because they provide more value to the people under the charter upon which this nation was founded (i.e. "We the people, in order to . . . provide for the common defense . . .") than the people were willing to pay.

But then this isn't about government jobs.  This is about a gargantuan wealth redistribution program where every single dollar paid in federal income taxes goes directly as a cash payment to another individual.  And even that's not enough to cover what is being paid out.

You want jobs?  Then the best thing you could possibly do is to get government the hell out of the way.  Allow money to remain in the hands of those who create wealth instead of giving it over (at the point of a gun) to those who do not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2022, 01:17:41 pm »
I would highly recommend that you get a better understanding of things like deficits, how they affect our debt, where the money comes from to make up that  deficit, and the effects of borrowing and printing on our currency

I think I have a good understanding of deficits and debts.

I also have a good understanding of what it is like to be responsible for a family and hear and see some self-centered "financial expert" with NO sense of family obligations demand everybody else suffer the maximum amount IMMEDIATELY so that HE is not inconvenienced or has HIS budget affected.

Your emotional arguments do not defeat mathematics and economics. I have two relatives that are very far to the left and they make the same arguments you make when it comes to spending.

And your cold-blooded selfish outlook does not allow for the reality of humanity,and consider the immediate effect it would have on working-class families.

We are NOT a nation of robots. We are flesh and blood humans and most of us have families we are responsible for.

Having said that,WE,THE PEOPLE,are NOT the ones responsible for the financial nightmare that is being dumped on us all. The fault lies at the feet of the creatures we call "politicians".

Not ALL politicians,mind you. There ARE some that are responsible,honest people who ran for office in order to try to make America more secure and a better place to live. Unfortunately,the most corrupt are the most senior,and they have zero interest in fixing the problems THEY created for personal profits and position,and the majority of the politicians who ran for office in order to make America,not THEM AS INDIVIDUALS,more safe and secure are a minority with limited power.

If all these selfish,self-centered people flapping their gums would spend their time trying to get the corrupt geezers voted out of office,and IF POSSIBLE,indicted for corruption,America would be a FAR better place than as a soulless bastion of self-centered spoiled adult children.

We are at the point that if we start cutting spending, people are gonna get hurt in the short term. And if we don’t cut spending, more people are going to get hurt in the long-term

Close,but no cigar. People,MANY  people,are ALREADY being hurt,and not a single damn thing seems to be happening to stop the landslide and make citizens and their budgets,homes,lives,and families safer and more secure.

What we NEED to do is NOT throw out the baby with the bathwater,but to take a reasoned,graduated approach to solving our budget problems.

In MY not so humble opinion,the very FIRST place we need to start is by placing VERY heavy financial attachments to any items American corporations are having made in 3rd world nations and then shipped here to be sold at prices the same items made in America by American workers can't even be made for.

It seems to ME to me the purpose behind this is to maximize profits for the international corporations while destroying the economy of America,and America  herself.

Placing heavy surcharges on cheap crap being shipped to America to destroy our economy is one of the things that COULD be happening IMMEDIATELY,with no one being hurt BUT the globalists dedicated to destroying our economy and creating a One World Government.

*I* would happen to view this as a GOOD thing,and it is perhaps THE biggest thing we CAN do that could be done immediately.

And make no mistake about it,it NEEDS TO HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY while we still have an economy to save.

We either do this now,or America is lost.

AND........,making moves like this would SAVE America,not destroy her.

Now,if a semi-literate dummy like me can figure this out and see if for being so true that looking directly at it would be like staring at the sun,you KNOW the globalists behind destroying our economy and our way of life can see it,and are purposely trying to destroy it as well as us and our freedoms.

Let's take the fight to the source of the problem,not play into the globalist hands by fighting each other.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2022, 01:20:17 pm »
Well, when some say what is the solution.....  This is one.  Do I expect this to ever come to fruition?  Zero % chance of that.

But....   There are solutions out there, if this country wasn't so f'n entitlement driven and dependenet,

That's right - for the moment. But there is an end date. A point at which the damage is done and cannot be reversed, and inflation takes on the properties of a cytokine storm... And Venezuela becomes inevitable. Whether we have arrived at or surpassed that point is above my pay grade. But the storm is on the horizon and coming fast. It surely is.

And the proof of it is those, even here, that prefer to plug their ears and sink into normalcy bias.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2022, 01:25:56 pm »

And the proof of it is those, even here, that prefer to plug their ears and sink into normalcy bias.

I think some here feel as long as the money is spent/printed/borrowed for “good thing for America” or “obligations” the results on the economy and currency can be offset. The dollar is apolitical. Math is not subjective

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2022, 01:28:26 pm »
I think some here feel as long as the money is spent/printed/borrowed for “good thing for America” or “obligations” the results on the economy and currency can be offset. The dollar is apolitical. Math is not subjective

In that they are stone dead wrong - And it is deadly.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2022, 01:41:30 pm »

I sure hope not.  If there are those at TBR with that kind of thinking, please PM me for discussion.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2022, 01:50:10 pm »
I also have a good understanding of what it is like to be responsible for a family and hear and see some self-centered "financial expert" with NO sense of family obligations demand everybody else suffer the maximum amount IMMEDIATELY so that HE is not inconvenienced or has HIS budget affected.

There are six clanholds or houses that are under my patriarchy. I have plenty of familial responsibility.

And no one is going to inconvenience me, since I have already nearly inoculated me and mine against the coming financial storm, by way of divesting myself as much as I can - My interactions with this economy are now largely temporary and fleeting. We are nearly self sufficient, and once the cabins are up in the holler, we will be quite capable of a sustained divorcement from the society entirely. As nearly independent and self sustaining as is possible. I am already nearly divorced from the health system, the food system, and barely requiring tools.

You see, I have already done exactly what I prescribe. We are working as a family to become set apart. And as we achieve that, we will largely be out of reach of what is coming.

In fact, you see, I am doing what I am doing PRECISELY for my family.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2022, 03:22:37 pm »
Several years ago at TOS, I proposed a way to fix this thing permanently.

1. Invoke , and pass a constitutuonal amendment revoking all federal government functionality except for Treasury, State, Defense, and Justice   This would eliminate any and all redundancy that plagues this country in area of regulatory compliance.
2. Revoke all regulatory requirements in said eliminated agencies and departments.  Delegate all functions not covered in section 1 to each specific state.
3. Part of constitutional amendment would invoke that Fed can not exceed federal tax outlays, unless it is passed by both 2/3 vote in House and Senate.  Or by 2/3 of the Statehouses in the states.
4. Establish a Department of Interstate Relations, as intermediary and arbiter among state related disputes.

This would bascically cut the nuts off of Fedzilla, and make the USA what the founders intended.

I also did this!

Mine involves passing a single bill into law!  HR25, the Fairtax bill.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #283 on: February 21, 2022, 12:58:09 am »
HOw DO PEOPLE SO EASILY FORGET?  All the ruling politicians in DC are MILLION/BILLION-aires.  Their perspective clearly shows the damage they do to the peasants/citizenry is far removed from their concerns, as their rich lives of living of affluence are insulated from that they foist upon the people.  Look at the shameless numbers of Americans living in utter poverty in the streets, while they attempt to spend 1/2 million- million dollars on foreigners coming into this Country illegally.  Who and what they are couldn't be clearer, they are enemies of the state and the American people!  As democrats have abandoned our citizens like they have our soldiers on battle fields, AFGHANISTAN, even committing open treason of a sitting president, while our current sitting one they praise as he tears the Country apart.
Whats the matter with them?  Whats the matter with you supporting them for so long? ? ? ?
 ****slapping 22222frying pan ****slapping
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 11:19:51 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions