Author Topic: Another person pushed onto New York subway tracks  (Read 1152 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Another person pushed onto New York subway tracks
« on: January 24, 2022, 05:22:25 pm »
Another person pushed onto New York subway tracks
By Mychael Schnell - 01/24/22 12:09 PM EST

A 62-year-old man was injured after being pushed onto the tracks of the New York City subway on Sunday, just days after a woman was killed after being shoved in front of an oncoming subway train.

The man, whose name has not been released, was approached from behind and pushed onto the southbound train tracks at the Fulton subway station in Lower Manhattan at 11:20 a.m., according to a statement from the New York Police Department (NYPD).

The victim then climbed onto the platform and was taken to a hospital with a leg laceration. He was brought to the New York-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital, according to The Washington Post.

The suspect fled the scene and no arrests have been made in connection to the incident, according to the NYPD. An investigation is ongoing.

The incident occurred just over a week after 40-year-old Michelle Alyssa Go was killed after being pushed onto the tracks before an oncoming train.

Authorities identified her alleged attacker as Martial Simon, 61, a homeless man who has a history of violence and mental health matters, according to the Post. He was charged with second-degree murder and was ordered to take a mental health evaluation.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams (D) on Sunday morning said the Big Apple is planning to dispatch mental health professionals to its subway system as a way to prevent crime.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/591043-another-person-pushed-onto-new-york-subway-tracks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Another person pushed onto New York subway tracks
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 05:23:35 pm »
Notice there is no description of the perpetrator.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 05:29:24 pm »
New Mayor warned people not to stand near the edge waiting for a train...OMG
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 05:30:45 pm »
Mayor Adams' tough talk on crime has not translated to reality: 'City has gotten worse'
'The city has gotten worse now,' one New Yorker said

https://www.foxnews.com/us/eric-adams-new-york-city-crime-increases-campaign-setbacks
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 05:35:46 pm »

And get your face out of your damn I-Phone and be aware of your surroundings. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 05:59:40 pm »
Oh my, how usual.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 06:33:37 pm »

Situational awareness is always a must.  Of course, too many whites in NYC will catch themselves having suspicions of a dodgy character who happens to be black, and will self-accuse of racism, and then ignore the loony's steps towards them until it is too late.

And the fact is, most of these people who do the pushing don't just out-of-the-blue jump up, run over, and push; they vacillate back and forth trying to work up the courage to do it, getting more and more agitated until they've screwed themselves to the sticking point.  I've seen it before in other circumstances (I've so far not been an observer at one of these pushing events, thank God), and they usually telegraph their intentions well before they act.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 06:34:05 pm »
Mayor Adams' tough talk on crime has not translated to reality: 'City has gotten worse'
'The city has gotten worse now,' one New Yorker said

https://www.foxnews.com/us/eric-adams-new-york-city-crime-increases-campaign-setbacks

He's a democrat.  It was never going to translate to reality; it was all for show and votes.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 06:36:05 pm »
The trains should approach the platforms at nonlethal speed.  Safety first.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 06:39:09 pm »

Lived in the city for a number of years. How do you operate in the urban jungle and not be alert to what's around you? I'm like a 5-tour Nam vet on a spec ops mission 10 miles from Hanoi.

It's like people have no survival instinct anymore.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 06:44:12 pm »
Lived in the city for a number of years. How do you operate in the urban jungle and not be alert to what's around you? I'm like a 5-tour Nam vet on a spec ops mission 10 miles from Hanoi.

It's like people have no survival instinct anymore.

Call it a side-effect of the Giuliani era.  In many parts of NYC, the broken-windows theory of policing worked very well, and so many places are relatively crime-free and have been for a long time, so people just expect that to be the standard default situation.

Now it's changing - largely due to liberal depredations on the NYPD - but many NYC transplants won't get their City-legs until a sufficient number have been mugged (probably enough to get another Giuliani type elected as Mayor).

Mostly, you get by just fine if you have enough knowledge of the city structure overall, as well as the "phenotypes" of the sort of people you're likely to meet in the various parts of the City, and then just keep a weather eye out for people acting "oddly" - steer clear of those, and you'll generally be fine.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 07:12:19 pm »
The trains should approach the platforms at nonlethal speed.  Safety first.

Better yet, give them hand carts.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2022, 07:16:27 pm »
I'm like a 5-tour Nam vet on a spec ops mission 10 miles from Hanoi.

:silly: :silly:

If I'm out in public I am the same way.  I need to know where the exits are and then I size up the threats.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2022, 09:40:20 pm »
Toyko employs professional pushers.

They purposely push people onto trains (when they are not moving). 

Some call it 'sardine packing'

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2022, 09:42:38 pm »
:silly: :silly:

If I'm out in public I am the same way.  I need to know where the exits are and then I size up the threats.
I like the warm, comforting feel of the S&W against my body.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2022, 09:46:48 pm »
Toyko employs professional pushers.

They purposely push people onto trains (when they are not moving). 

Some call it 'sardine packing'

I think they did that for a ride to Auschwitz also.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2022, 09:51:19 pm »
From what I read last week, many people are doing this now. They stand very far from the tracks until the train arrives. Makes sense to me. Kind of hard to get pushed if you are standing against the wall.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2022, 09:53:24 pm »
From what I read last week, many people are doing this now. They stand very far from the tracks until the train arrives. Makes sense to me. Kind of hard to get pushed if you are standing against the wall.

Personally, at most stations, I stand next to the yellow line, which is about 1 foot wide, and is about a foot from the edge of the platform, unless there is someone acting "antsy" or "odd" who is getting into my expanded personal zone (about 10 foot radius), in which case I usually move further down the platform.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2022, 11:12:09 am »
I can’t stand the NYC subways.

You feel like a sardine, you’re crammed into a car so there’s no seats, you’re standing,  clutching a pole.

I was amazed the first time I rode a subway in London. Everyone had a seat, and the seats had cushions!

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2022, 01:15:53 pm »
I can’t stand the NYC subways.

You feel like a sardine, you’re crammed into a car so there’s no seats, you’re standing,  clutching a pole.

I was amazed the first time I rode a subway in London. Everyone had a seat, and the seats had cushions!

When was the last time you rode the subway in NYC?

I ride it at least once almost every day, sometimes twice, and for the past two years I have only two or three times been on a train that was sufficiently full that all of the seats were already taken; I haven't had to stand like a sardine since January of 2020.

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2022, 02:01:40 pm »

I ride it at least once almost every day, sometimes twice, and for the past two years I have only two or three times been on a train that was sufficiently full that all of the seats were already taken; I haven't had to stand like a sardine since January of 2020.
I lived and worked outside NYC for 6 years and never felt comfortable riding the subway.

Lived and worked in London for 3 years and felt very comfortable riding the Tube, though.

Difficult for me to understand the difference between the two.  I think subconsciously I felt riders of different ethnicities looked at me starkly differently in NYC than those in London.  At the time I lived in the latter, London's diversity of cultures did not get in the way of individuals looking at themselves as Londoners first, even when speaking other languages.  They seemed to have had a commonality among them as being British.  NYC in contrast it had been impressed on people to hyphenate their Americanism and to me it seemed some looked upon those of other ethnicities with skepticism. 

Common culture over ethnicity.

That's the best I can offer.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:19:17 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2022, 02:04:23 pm »
I lived and worked outside NYC for 6 years and never felt comfortable riding the subway.

Lived and worked in London for 3 years and felt very comfortable riding the Tube, though

Why?  Cushioned seats?  Too many ethnics?

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2022, 01:59:00 am »
Why?  Cushioned seats?  Too many ethnics?
London had a lot more ethnic diversity riding the tubes than the NY subway has ever had.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:00:38 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2022, 11:03:11 am »

You got me on that @Kamaji

December 2019 to see the Tree and walk around the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

And I last took the NJ transit train in January 2020 to get to Hoboken.

I’m hoping to get in the city sometime this year after Easter-Passover, to have lunch with my sister who works in the city, then do a visit to either the Guggenheim,, or The Frick.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 11:08:16 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2022, 12:01:31 pm »
London had a lot more ethnic diversity riding the tubes than the NY subway has ever had.

Then what are you so afraid of?  Unless one is stupid enough to ride the A train into upper Harlem at 3am on Saturday morning, there is not that much to be afraid of, other than one's own preconceived notions.