Author Topic: China flies dozens of warplanes near Taiwan  (Read 285 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
China flies dozens of warplanes near Taiwan
« on: January 24, 2022, 01:38:02 am »
China flies dozens of warplanes near Taiwan

China launched 39 aircraft, mostly fighter jets, near Taiwan Sunday — the largest show of force in months.

The launch came the same day the U.S. Navy sailed two aircraft carriers along with a pair of amphibious assault ships alongside allies in the Philippine Sea.

t's not clear what might have prompted the escalation, but China did something similar in early October during similar U.S. Navy operations.

Taiwan issued radio warnings and sent combat air patrol to deter the Chinese aircraft, while air defense missile systems were deployed to monitor them, Taiwan’s Ministry of National Defense said in the statement issued late on Sunday.

China claims Taiwan is part of its own territory and has rejected its claims of independence after the two countries split in 1949. The U.S. does not formally recognize Taiwan but maintains an unofficial relationship and is supportive of its democratic government............

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-flies-dozens-warplanes-near-taiwan
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

Re: China flies dozens of warplanes near Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 03:44:45 am »
Wonder if China warned milley?

Offline Kamaji

Re: China flies dozens of warplanes near Taiwan
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 09:19:52 am »