Author Topic: Air Force’s enlisted recruitment pipeline is drying up, general warns  (Read 268 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force’s enlisted recruitment pipeline is drying up, general warns
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Jan 21, 05:26 PM

The Air Force is fighting an uphill battle to meet this year’s recruiting goals, the two-star general in charge of recruitment warned in an email earlier this month.

“We have warning lights flashing,” Maj. Gen. Ed Thomas told Air Force Recruiting Service employees on Jan. 10 in a letter verified by Air Force Times.

It’s a stark contrast to just four months ago, when the Air Force said it hit its service-wide recruiting and staffing goals for the first time in five years. About 501,000 troops currently serve in the Department of the Air Force, including 326,000 active duty airmen and Space Force guardians.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/01/21/air-forces-enlisted-recruitment-pipeline-is-drying-up-general-warns/

rangerrebew

Re: Air Force’s enlisted recruitment pipeline is drying up, general warns
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 11:48:13 am »
Add to all the little military quirks that make things miserable, plus PC and CRT, you have a recipe that most thinking people neither want nor need - disaster.  I'm sure we'll see all kinds of excuses as to why the services are having trouble finding people but the truth is the military has become a giant social club lacking in leadership or direction. :nono:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 02:19:49 pm »

I suspect the fact that so many AF bases are located in such remote locations has a lot to do with that.

What red-blooded murikan boy wants to get stationed in someplace like Greenland for 2 years,where all the local females are Moose?
Modify message
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 03:29:41 pm »
I did 20 (83-03) in the AF as an acft mechanic and when I was retiring, even then the "racist" moniker was being thrown about by EEO during our mandatory annual briefs.  I knew then things were sliding downhill...I still work as a contractor on an AF base and I see what's going on.

They now spend more time on sexual harassment training and other useless training courses than they do their jobs.  "Nonners" (Finance, personnel, medgrp, etc.) as we call them, can close up shop anytime, anyday causing serious disruptions to folks.  But the biggest problem I see is the lack of true leadership.  They're promoting folks inside of 4 years to E-5 Staff Sgt.  It used to take 4 years just to get to E-4.

No way in hell that I would recommend the AF to a young person looking to enlist and I'm sort of glad our son ended up in the Army thanks to the AF screwing up.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.