Author Topic: Rumors Of Trump-DeSantis Drama Ignite Media Firestorm  (Read 476 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rumors Of Trump-DeSantis Drama Ignite Media Firestorm
« on: January 18, 2022, 08:05:34 pm »
Rumors Of Trump-DeSantis Drama Ignite Media Firestorm

by Tyler Durden
Tuesday, Jan 18, 2022 - 02:39 PM

Last April, former President Trump said Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis(R) "would be considered" as a 2024 running mate, should he run for reelection - adding that DeSantis was a "friend" and "great guy."

All of that has apparently changed according to several recent media reports of tension between the two - which appear to be supported by Trump insiders, as well as comments by both Trump and DeSantis that left-leaning outlets have used to fuel speculation. According to the reports, Trump has been not-so privately complaining about DeSantis' rapid political rise and a potential 2024 bid for the White House.

"President Trump is the one clearly picking a fight here, and it’s a fight that's too early, and unnecessary," said former adviser Sam Nunberg, who told The Hill he's neutral over the dustup between the two. "We’re not in Republican primary season. This is a fight for mid-2023. It’s not a fight to start having in 2022."

"If Donald Trump believes he is punching down when he's attacking Ron DeSantis, then why do it?" he added.

more
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/rumors-trump-desantis-drama-ignite-media-firestorm
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Rumors Of Trump-DeSantis Drama Ignite Media Firestorm
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 08:16:55 pm »
Come on, guys, we have a fantastic opportunity being handed to us by the democrats, and you want to spoil it by arguing over who has the biggest pen*s?

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 08:39:30 pm »
Come on, guys, we have a fantastic opportunity being handed to us by the democrats, and you want to spoil it by arguing over who has the biggest pen*s?

Yep...save it for the debates. Can I see a show of hands?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 09:24:04 pm »
Focus on reelection, Governor.  The media is trying to dirty you up and shake loose as many Trump supporters inclined to vote for you as possible.  Remember ---- you won Florida by 40,000 votes.   Trump won Florida by 340,000 votes.

Priorities, Governor, priorities.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 09:27:04 pm »
Report: Ron DeSantis Will Not Bend the Knee to Trump; ‘Asking Too Much’

Wendell Husebø 18 Jan 2022

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) reportedly will not kowtow to former President Donald Trump, the New York Times reported about the media’s drummed-up feud between the two stalwart Republicans.

While the establishment media are looking to misdirect readers from President Joe Biden’s 33 percent approval rating and his subsequent failures with “remarks made for irresistible headlines,” the Times joined other media outlets in creating “tensions” between Trump and DeSantis.

The Times reported DeSantis’s friends believe Trump has an “expectation” that DeSantis should “bend the knee” to Trump’s likely 2024 presidential bid. But bending the knee, the governor’s friends reportedly stated, “is asking too much.”

The reporting by the Times on the “tensions” comes after Trump reportedly trashed DeSantis as a 2024 primary opponent, dubbing him a “dull personality” with “no personal charisma” and without a chance of winning.

Establishment media rumors suggest DeSantis responded on Friday to Trump’s comments via a podcast, where he noted “the Covid lockdowns former President Donald Trump encouraged early in the coronavirus pandemic,” NBC News reported.

Both Trump and DeSantis have reportedly stated the drama between the two is media-driven.

The establishment media, which reported last week on Biden’s staggering setbacks, is likely looking to change the topic from Biden to a more harmonious topic of a Trump and DeSantis feud.

NBC anchor Chuck Todd of Meet the Press led his show on Sunday by slamming Biden for failing to shut down the virus, reduce 40-year high inflation, and enact the “Build Back Better Agenda”:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/18/report-ron-desantis-will-not-bend-the-knee-to-trump-asking-too-much/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 09:32:03 pm »
:facepalm2:

Are we really so consumed by the size of our own political pen*ses that we are going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so readily and so early in the process?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 09:59:12 pm »
Ah, the great media Tempest In A Teacup of 2022.....
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 10:14:57 pm »
The media will fabricate any lie about anything to deflect attention from the fresh wet Cow paddy of a president troubles.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 10:28:03 pm »
If this is just a media invention, then Trump and Desantis need to personally squash it now and not continue to let it build up.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 10:47:23 pm »

If this is just a media invention, then Trump and Desantis need to personally squash it now and not continue to let it build up.
Democrats expose their fears with their lies. The worst fears of Democrats is that Blacks and Whites will unite against them. Hence, racism, racism, racism, on and on and on, White people are evil racists, 24 hours a day in all media outlets.

Democrats are scared to death of a Trump/Desantis alliance which they know they have no chance to defeat.
Hence, Trump said Desantis is a sissy idiot pedophile (according to anonymous sources).

The Left thinks reality is fungible. Reality according to the Left is anything they think, believe, or say. Ergo, if they keep saying that Trump hates Desantis and Desantis hates Trump enough times, it must be true.

Me personally, I just ignore it. The Democrats are simply exposing their fears with all of this nonsense. Maybe it is true? Maybe it is not true? Either way, the last people I would believe are far-Left propagandists with a political agenda.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 10:48:19 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 10:53:05 pm »
Democrats expose their fears with their lies. The worst fears of Democrats is that Blacks and Whites will unite against them. Hence, racism, racism, racism, on and on and on, White people are evil racists, 24 hours a day in all media outlets.

Democrats are scared to death of a Trump/Desantis alliance which they know they have no chance to defeat.
Hence, Trump said Desantis is a sissy idiot pedophile (according to anonymous sources).

The Left thinks reality is fungible. Reality according to the Left is anything they think, believe, or say. Ergo, if they keep saying that Trump hates Desantis and Desantis hates Trump enough times, it must be true.

Me personally, I just ignore it. The Democrats are simply exposing their fears with all of this nonsense. Maybe it is true? Maybe it is not true? Either way, the last people I would believe are far-Left propagandists with a political agenda.

That's fine, and I'm glad that you ignore it; however, (a) it could very well be true, in which case it needs to be stopped now, and (b) plenty of other people will not simply ignore it, and if it is not dealt with now, it will become received truth eventually, and will no longer be subject to questioning.

One does not deal with either cavities or propaganda simply through ignoring them.

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 12:49:44 am »

Nah.  That just feeds the beast.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2022, 12:57:07 am »
Nah.  That just feeds the beast.

Using hindsight, it made sense as a strategy to publicly savage every potential competitor, because as a political force he had no resume.

Now with a 4 year successful record, he shouldn't have to act this way...especially about DeSantis.  And certainly not 3 years before the Election.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2022, 01:02:49 am »
Using hindsight, it made sense as a strategy to publicly savage every potential competitor, because as a political force he had no resume.

Now with a 4 year successful record, he shouldn't have to act this way...especially about DeSantis.  And certainly not 3 years before the Election.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2022, 01:40:21 am »
Ah, the great media Tempest In A Teacup of 2022.....

It's a load of crappola.  Trump and DeSantis are fine.

McConnell is up to his old tricks.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,459295.msg2567204/topicseen.html#msg2567204
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 01:41:33 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2022, 05:25:03 pm »
It's a load of crappola.  Trump and DeSantis are fine.

McConnell is up to his old tricks.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,459295.msg2567204/topicseen.html#msg2567204
Yeah, it's not like Trump ever said snotty/juvenile things about fellow Republican politicians. That's never happened.
Oh, wait.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 08:15:02 pm »
Yeah, it's not like Trump ever said snotty/juvenile things about fellow Republican politicians. That's never happened.
Oh, wait.

So what?  Am I to concern myself with the hurt feewings of politicians?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 03:37:26 am »
Trump on alleged feud with DeSantis: "It's totally fake news...I have a very good relationship with Ron, and intend to have it for a very long time."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElectionWiz/status/1484364708635234307

@DCPatriot  @libertybele    happy77

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:39:59 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2022, 04:23:59 am »
Trump on alleged feud with DeSantis: "It's totally fake news...I have a very good relationship with Ron, and intend to have it for a very long time."  (Video)

Thank you, @Right_in_Virginia

Figured it had to be fake.  After all, Donald J. Trump isn't a 'Rookie' politician anymore.

As John Voight recently said in a short video tribute to the man...he's the greatest since Abraham Lincoln.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebXBqfYonIk
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 08:34:07 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElectionWiz/status/1484364708635234307

DeSantis himself stated that it was bogus.  McConnell is pushing the narrative.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.