Author Topic: Sorry, Not Sorry  (Read 160 times)

Offline Kamaji

Sorry, Not Sorry
« on: January 21, 2022, 03:22:17 pm »
Sorry, Not Sorry

The Right should make no apologies for defending free speech—all of it.

By Ray McCoy
January 20, 2022

Radio host Clay Travis recently defended freedom of speech in a way the Right should have been doing all along. In response to Twitter’s recent banning of several people, including Dr. Robert Malone, Travis launched into an unequivocal defense of our First Amendment. But whereas many have reflexively felt the need to add that they don’t necessarily agree with everything the latest victim of such bans says, Travis deliberately went the other way.

“Not only do I not always agree with anyone else 100 percent,” Travis said, “sometimes I don’t even totally agree with my own opinion”—meaning he still must leave room for the possibility that he is wrong.

It is long past time for those on the Right to do away with apologetic defenses of freedom of speech. The reason people so often feel compelled to throw in the caveat that they are different from the person they are defending is because they do not want to risk the costs of guilt by association. Enough of this.

We should remember that when defending a person’s liberty—freedom of speech in particular—it is totally redundant to state one’s disagreement with that person as a caveat. The purpose of having a right such as freedom of speech is in order to permit disagreement between individuals and their peers, the government, churches and religious bodies, and other institutions. You are not required to like what another person says in order to defend his or her right to say it.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/01/20/sorry-not-sorry/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Sorry, Not Sorry
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 03:27:29 pm »
Seeing DeSantis running a bill killing CRT, and that bill getting traction is a sign I think the tide is starting to turn against the woke mob, and their idiotic agenda. 

You can get a badger to back up in retreat, but when it is cornered you better expect to deal with the consequences. And those consequences might not be pleasant.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Sorry, Not Sorry
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 04:19:28 am »
Seeing DeSantis running a bill killing CRT, and that bill getting traction is a sign I think the tide is starting to turn against the woke mob, and their idiotic agenda. 

You can get a badger to back up in retreat, but when it is cornered you better expect to deal with the consequences. And those consequences might not be pleasant.

That's a rule of mine.  Always make sure the badger has an obvious escape route, if you are just trying to annoy him.  Always.  Works with people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: