Author Topic: Bernstein: Trump Is the ‘First Seditionist President In Our History’ — GOP Is ‘Craven’  (Read 347 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bernstein: Trump Is the ‘First Seditionist President In Our History’ — GOP Is ‘Craven’

Pam Key 20 Jan 2022

Author and journalist Carl Bernstein said Thursday on MSNBC’s “The Beat” that former President Donald Trump is the “first seditionist president” in America’s history.

Bernstein said, “We have a culture of misinformation and disinformation. It is not just media. It pervades the national life. Obviously, during the Trump era during the Trump presidency, in our politics, we saw actual repeated serial lies by what we now know to be a president of the United States who was a seditionist. The first seditionist president in our history has perpetuated these lies. And worst of all, we have a political party that has accepted and embraced these lies. It has never happened before.”

He added, “The Republican Party has now allowed itself by being so craven to go along with the big lie, with the serial lie, with the seditious lies. The result is we have a culture that now is almost dominated — half the people in this country are willing to go along with this misinformation, disinformation and perpetual lying. No other American president tried to stage a coup. Richard Nixon left office voluntarily in the sense that he was forced out as a criminal president, but he went along with what the Constitution said and left.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/01/20/bernstein-trump-is-the-first-seditionist-president-in-our-history-gop-is-craven/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, if the Democrats and the Left are accusing you of lying and sedition, you know exactly what they have been doing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Worse than Watergate trying to be relevant.  Oh My!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump was staging a coup! Against himself!
Trump was trying to replace Trump with Trump!
Democrats are far-gone loony tunes
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Worse than Watergate trying to be relevant.  Oh My!

88devil 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Bernstein, Carl Bernstein............. :pondering: Didn't he used to be somebody?

Offline Kamaji

So, by Bernstein's own statements, Biden is currently engaged in sedition:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Both sides are terrible.  They are trying to achieve the same ends - absolute power - by different means.

Neither is interested in a competition of ideas or diversity of thought.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright