Author Topic: Trump Issues Statement After a DA in Georgia Requests Grand Jury in Criminal Probe Against Him  (Read 374 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Issues Statement After a DA in Georgia Requests Grand Jury in Criminal Probe Against Him
By Brandon Morse | Jan 20, 2022 4:15 PM ET

District Attorney of Fulton County, Georgia, Fani Willis, is requesting the formation of a grand jury to assist in an investigation into former President Trump’s phone call with Georgia’s Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger, allegedly asking him to find the votes necessary to defeat Joe Biden in the state during the 2020 elections. Trump is already denying that any wrongdoing has happened, however.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Willis sent a letter to Christopher S. Brasher, chief judge of Fulton County’s Superior Court, asking for the formation of the grand jury because a “significant number of witnesses and prospective witnesses have refused to cooperate with the investigation absent a subpoena requiring their testimony.”

The AJC reported that Willis claims Trump committed a handful of crimes during the phone call, including conspiracy and racketeering, and solicitation to commit election fraud.

“We’re going to just get the facts, get the law, be very methodical, very patient and, in some extent, unemotional about this quest for justice,” said Willis earlier this month.

This may be tough for Willis to pull off, however, as she will first need to have proof that Trump knew that what he was doing was unlawful when he called Raffensperger.

Trump is already getting his own message about the situation into the ether, saying that the phone call between him and Raffensperger was “perfect.”

“Perhaps even more so than my call with the Ukrainian President, if that’s possible,” added Trump according to Business Insider.

Trump said that he suspected at the time that the call was being recorded, possibly illegally so.

“I knew there were large numbers of people on the line, including numerous lawyers for both sides,” Trump said of the call. “Although I assumed the call may have been inappropriately, and perhaps illegally, recorded, I was not informed of that.”

more
https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/01/20/trump-issues-statement-after-a-da-in-georgia-requests-grand-jury-in-criminal-probe-against-him-n509903
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34