Author Topic: The War on Treatment Is Fiercer Now Than Even Covid Itself  (Read 217 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The War on Treatment Is Fiercer Now Than Even Covid Itself
« on: January 20, 2022, 01:27:56 pm »
Rescue by Mary Beth Pfeiffer 1/18/2022

Our writer got covid. She used life-saving protocols...and a little ingenuity.

This article is part of a publishing collaboration between Rescue and Trial Site News. The outstanding reporting by Mary Beth Pfeiffer will be simultaneously published in both outlets. Please subscribe to Rescue and Trial Site News for incisive pandemic reporting.

This article covers that ongoing problem, how to adapt to a veritable blockade on safe effective generics, and how I got around those obstacles when I got sick.

‘I Would Not Be Here’

When Dr. Mollie James was infected with covid in March of 2020, she was working in an ICU ward in New York City, the hell of the exploding pandemic. She toughed it out because that’s all there was.

When she got sick again recently, she took a menu of trial-tested generic drugs. By then, she knew early treatments that worked—essential knowledge that is denied today, not by happenstance but by one-size-fits-all vaccine mania.

Like Dr. James, I got covid in late 2021. I, too, was treated early—before the dreaded drop in blood oxygen that drives the untreated to hospitals. I did fine. Many people my age—north of sixty—have suffered greatly, and some have died because they were not treated at first symptoms.

Indeed, our two stories of vanquished covid—me vaccinated, Dr. James not—demonstrate what most of the “civilized” world does not know: Covid can be resolved with available drugs and the freedom to use them.

Dr. James believes she was infected last October while treating her brother, Nick, forty-one, whose severe infection, likely Delta, brought him to the brink. She had worried that her healthy but overweight sibling, he told me, was a “prime candidate for trouble.” At the height of his illness, Nick James could not breathe, fainted twice at home, and his sister momentarily could find no pulse.

Ultimately, it took high-dose ivermectin for ten days, hydroxychloroquine for five days, a blood thinner, intravenous vitamin C, and—the ultimate breakthrough—four days of hyperbaric oxygen treatments to turn covid around and keep him home. He returned to work as an insurance agent in Iowa the next week; she went back to her clinic.

Not Just a Cold

Omicron is undoubtedly different from the Delta variant that had sorely tested the early treatment portfolio. But it also can defy the fabled “just-a-cold” description that, in some cases, may not call for treatment.

“In November to late December,” Dr. Kory said, “I took my foot off the gas pedal and am now getting patients through with just the first-line treatments from our protocol—the combination of ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, and fluvoxamine.” With Delta, “I was burning through those and using second-line medicines like dutasteride and spironolactone and even third-line medicines like prednisone in almost all patients. That last wave of Delta was dreadful.”

Another difference, Kory said: “With Omicron, I worry less about the possibility of them going into the dreaded lung phase.” Symptoms can still be significant—high fever, painful sore throat, and intense fatigue. But, he said, “I have not had to resort to second-line drugs in the last ten days.”

Other practitioners agreed. Dr. Bruce Boros, among the earliest doctors to use ivermectin, texted, “I try to get three days of ivermectin into them EARLY and they seem to perk up quickly. No hospitalizations, deaths, or vents!”

More: https://rescue.substack.com/p/the-war-on-treatment-is-fiercer-now

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: The War on Treatment Is Fiercer Now Than Even Covid Itself
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 01:31:56 pm »

My Covid Cocktail

For the record, below is the protocol I took from day one of my covid symptoms. I was fully better within about a week. I was fatigued and glum for another week, the aftermath, I think, of a brush with a disease with potentially long-term implications. I did lose my sense of smell for several weeks afterward; this resolved when, at the recommendation of Dr. Marble, I took 600 milligrams daily of alpha lipoic acid, a supplement I knew from Dr. Horowitz’s protocol. Marble’s eight months of anosmia had resolved with the supplement.

Ivermectin: 30 milligrams daily, based on 0.4 milligrams per kilogram of my weight, for ten days.

Supplements: Vitamins D and C, zinc, quercetin, curcumin, nigella sativa, honey, and melatonin.

Daily practices: Frequent gargling and nasal rinse.

Famotidine: This was recommended to me by Dr. Malone and is the only drug I took outside the FLCCC protocol; Dr. Kory told me he doesn’t see enough data yet to support it.

Monoclonal Antibodies: I was nearly better when, on day five of symptoms, I got the infusion. I had read the research. It was available back then to people my age. I went for it.

Mary Beth Pfeiffer’s reporting and most recent book, LYME: The First Epidemic of Climate Change, led her to covid-19. Both diseases have been denied and mismanaged in a corrupt health care system. LYME was just released in paperback.