Author Topic: NY Times guard in viral video with Biden fired over ‘bogus’ COVID-related expenses  (Read 182 times)

Offline Kamaji

NY Times guard in viral video with Biden fired over ‘bogus’ COVID-related expenses

By Ben Kesslen
January 19, 2022

A New York Times security guard who went viral for her serendipitous interaction with President Joe Biden in a company elevator was fired Wednesday.

Jacquelyn Asbie, 33, said she was ousted for charging The Gray Lady for too many Ubers — despite being told by her bosses that the Times would pay her commuting expenses during the pandemic so she could avoid taking the bus.

However, a source said The Times took action because she was putting in bogus receipts.

“I’m very pissed off,” Asbie told the Post Wednesday in an exclusive interview. “It’s just not fair. My boss still has his job and he approved it. I was fired over something I’m willing to pay back.”

Asbie has been commuting from New Jersey to the Times building in Midtown Manhattan five times a week since the onset of the pandemic, while the paper’s journalists mostly worked from home and the paper published countless stories about adjusting to a work-from-home lifestyle.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/19/ny-times-guard-in-viral-video-with-biden-fired-over-bogus-covid-related-expenses/

Offline Kamaji

Guess she didn't get the Sniff-of-Approval

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I have kin that run a YouTube family channel.... they got Covid money despite the fact that the money was to keep companies from laying employees off... They are the employees, how they got the money is beyond me, but shows the corruption with government give aways.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Guilty as charged. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.