Author Topic: 'Significant evidence' of alleged fraud in Trump business investigation, NY AG says  (Read 218 times)

Online libertybele

The leftists are coming at him with everything -- this comes on top of the SCOTUS denying Trump executive privilege with regards to documents related to Jan. 6.

'Significant evidence' of alleged fraud in Trump business investigation, NY AG says

New York Attorney General Letitia James said that her office has uncovered "significant evidence" of fraud in her civil investigation of former President Donald Trump and the Trump Organization.

The unusual statement amid an ongoing investigation came as James' office argued in court papers that Donald J. Trump, Donald Trump, Jr., and Ivanka Trump have not sufficiently responded to subpoenas issued as part of the investigation.

"Thus far in our investigation, we have uncovered significant evidence that suggests Donald J. Trump and the Trump Organization falsely and fraudulently valued multiple assets and misrepresented those values to financial institutions for economic benefit," James said in a release late Tuesday night. "The Trumps must comply with our lawful subpoenas for documents and testimony because no one in this country can pick and choose if and how the law applies to them."

The motion to compel their testimony, filed late Tuesday after the Trumps sought to quash the subpoenas, said each of the individuals was directly involved in one or more transactions under review. The investigation is reviewing whether the Trump Organization used fraudulent or misleading valuations of its holdings in different ways to obtain a host of economic benefits, including loans, insurance coverage, and tax deductions.

A parallel criminal investigation is underway by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office that has already resulted in criminal charges against the company itself and its chief financial officer. Each has pleaded not guilty.........

https://abcnews.go.com/US/significant-evidence-alleged-fraud-trump-business-investigation-ny/story?id=82345318
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

'Significant evidence' of alleged fraud

This statement alone showcases the idiocy of their claim.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

This statement alone showcases the idiocy of their claim.

Perhaps, but the SCOTUS just ruled against him and 700 documents are to be revealed related to Jan 6; this is in addition to the Jan. 6 commission going after him.  His 3 appointed justices just sailed him down the river.  Just my opinion.  I think it's over for him.   **nononono*

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Perhaps, but the SCOTUS just ruled against him and 700 documents are to be revealed related to Jan 6; this is in addition to the Jan. 6 commission going after him.  His 3 appointed justices just sailed him down the river.  Just my opinion.  I think it's over for him.   **nononono*

If it's over for him @libertybele then it's over for all of us.  I, for one, will vote against every Repubican candidate ---  for every office --- regardless of the alternative --- if the RNC/GOP does not stand with Trump and demand these investigations end.

I will help this country move faster in the direction it is going because the only way to save this village will be to burn it to the ground. 

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 01:28:36 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

If it's over for him @libertybele then it's over for all of us.  I, for one, will vote against every Repubican candidate ---  for every office --- regardless of the alternative --- if the RNC/GOP does not stand with Trump and demand these investigations end.

I will help this country move faster in the direction it is going because the only way to save this village will be to burn it to the ground.

Our Republic ended when our traitorous SCOTUS failed to hear cases on election/voter fraud. They looked the other way. Soon after, I dropped my affiliation with the Republican party and I am no longer a registered Republican. They GOP no longer represents me. They and the SCOTUS failed this country and they will IMO also suffer the consequences of what they have done.

I didn't anticipate that the SCOTUS would rule in Trump's favor, but I am surprised at an 8-1 decision against him. That is truly unsettling.

I agree with you.  If it is over for Trump, it is over for all of us. However, at this point in time do you honestly see things going in Trump's favor? Not only on Jan. 6, but the investigation of fraud in NY.

Trump and this country needs a miracle @Right_in_Virginia   I'm praying.