Author Topic: Marine Corps to allow some officers to opt out of promotion boards  (Read 217 times)

rangerrebew

Marine Corps to allow some officers to opt out of promotion boards
By Philip Athey
 Jan 19, 12:31 PM

The Marine Corps will now allow some Marines to opt out of major, lieutenant colonel and colonel promotion boards in the hopes of allowing Marines to pursue more diverse career paths.

The change will take place for the fiscal year 2024 promotion boards, according to an administrative message released Wednesday.

Traditionally, Marines have been given two opportunities to be promoted. If they fail to be selected for promotion on a second attempt, their careers are over.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/01/19/marine-corps-to-allow-some-officers-to-opt-out-of-promotion-boards/

rangerrebew

Re: Marine Corps to allow some officers to opt out of promotion boards
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 05:49:40 pm »
It would not surprise me in the least if someone opts out of the boards they will be  considered a domestic terrorist and will be marked from then on.  I mean, why else would someone opt out of the way things have always been done unless they are terrorists, at least from the military point of view. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 06:08:57 pm »
The old up-or-out policy, eh?

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:30:11 pm »
The old up-or-out policy, eh?

More like old out policy!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 12:18:13 am »
I think it is more likely a plan to promote PC Marines that could never pass actual promotion boards.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!