Author Topic: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done  (Read 6128 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2022, 01:05:06 am »
Here's what I know. Not aimed at anyone in particular.

Harry S. Truman was president when I was born. Since then the following have served in that office:

34. Dwight Eisenhower January 20, 1953 January 20, 1961
35. John F. Kennedy January 20, 1961 November 22, 1963
36. Lyndon B. Johnson November 22, 1963 January 20, 1969
37. Richard Nixon January 20, 1969 August 9, 1974
38. Gerald Ford August 9, 1974 January 20, 1977
39. Jimmy Carter January 20, 1977 January 20, 1981
40. Ronald Reagan January 20, 1981 January 20, 1989
41. George Bush January 20, 1989 January 20, 1993
42. Bill Clinton January 20, 1993 January 20, 2001
43. George W. Bush January 20, 2001 January 20, 2009
44. Barack Obama January 20, 2009 January 20, 2017
45. Donald Trump January 20, 2017 January 20, 2021
46. Joe Biden January 20, 2021 Currently in Office

Of all those there has been exactly one (Donald Trump) who did in office exactly what he said he would do while campaigning and that alone is reason enough for me to support him in 2024 should I be fortunate enough to still be among the living at that time.  If I'm not I guess I'll vote democrat like all others in graveyards everywhere.

I'm right along with you @Bigun  If I (and this country) make it to 2024, I'll gladly be pulling the lever for Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2022, 01:10:49 am »
I'm right along with you @Bigun  If I (and this country) make it to 2024, I'll gladly be pulling the lever for Trump.

Thanks @libertybele Right now things aren't looking good IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2022, 01:53:51 am »

It always looks the darkest right before it goes completely black.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2022, 01:56:50 am »
Only because the swamp critters (both parties, elected and unelected) were determined to see him fail.  Something I specifically warned everyone on this site about at the time IIRC and I do.

He's more than earned my vote and shall have it if, as noted above, I'm still around at the time and he wants it. IF there is an election in 2024 that is.

No offense meant, but no excuses. He was unable to harness his own party, not to mention the whole of government, regardless of the why... And I think your expectations of what he might have done are likely inflated. He was hired to run the government and outside of foreign policy where he did alright, he utterly failed that task.

He certainly will not be frugal, and that alone is reason enough not to give him another shot at it.
Not to mention the deep divisions he has caused on the right... If you expect to win, it is going to take every vote, and many like me are disenfranchised.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2022, 01:59:42 am »
No offense meant, but no excuses. He was unable to harness his own party, not to mention the whole of government, regardless of the why... And I think your expectations of what he might have done are likely inflated. He was hired to run the government and outside of foreign policy where he did alright, he utterly failed that task.

He certainly will not be frugal, and that alone is reason enough not to give him another shot at it.
Not to mention the deep divisions he has caused on the right... If you expect to win, it is going to take every vote, and many like me are disenfranchised.

To the original topic....What do you think of DeSantis?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2022, 02:06:58 am »
To the original topic....What do you think of DeSantis?

Like I said upthread, I think I can vote for him. That ain't altogether true, as it is too  early to go dumpster diving... I will wait until the silly season for all that.

I like that he is a governor. That's real-world experience.
He seemed to manage the plandemic better than most - Standing up and functionally giving DC the finger
I LIKE that.

He talks the talk alright - And he ain't afraid to tussle...  but like I said, I won't know much more than what's in the press till I look at his record - And that is what I make my judgements upon.

On the downside of that, @libertybele has her arguments against him... and I value her judgement on the ground.

So... A fat lean toward. Subject to error.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2022, 02:22:55 am »
Like I said upthread, I think I can vote for him. That ain't altogether true, as it is too  early to go dumpster diving... I will wait until the silly season for all that.

He seemed to manage the plandemic better than most - Standing up and functionally giving DC the finger
I LIKE that.

He talks the talk alright - And he ain't afraid to tussle...  but like I said, I won't know much more than what's in the press till I look at his record - And that is what I make my judgements upon.

On the downside of that, @libertybele has her arguments against him... and I value her judgement on the ground.

So... A fat lean toward. Subject to error.

Same here.
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2022, 02:36:44 am »
I don't think anyone has to think Trump is the "do all, be all" and never stated that.@berdie 

But a sub-group of males suffers from such a personal hate for Donald Trump that it defies rationality.

I simply gave you my opinion as to why this is, which you reject.  Case closed, with prejudice.   happy77

It only seems that way to you because your worship of the man is wholly irrational. To the true believer, any dissent is heretical.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2022, 06:06:40 am »

No, being a governor is political experience. 

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2022, 06:08:09 am »
It only seems that way to you because your worship of the man is wholly irrational. To the true believer, any dissent is heretical.

No, it's not.  All I ever ask is that the dissent be rational.   :shrug:

BassWrangler

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2022, 06:20:28 am »
No, it's not.  All I ever ask is that the dissent be rational.   :shrug:

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. My hope is that we'll get a good POTUS - one who keeps his campaign promises like Trump (I agree with you on that point) but who is also an effective leader and a good communicator, and that with that person as an example, we can all look back and see Trump in a different perspective.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2022, 06:54:47 am »
No, being a governor is political experience.

Sure it is. But it is also real, practical experience running a massive government... and all that entails... You like to tout Tumpy's business experience... He's a piker compared to any governor of any state.

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2022, 07:40:03 am »
Sure it is. But it is also real, practical experience running a massive government... and all that entails... You like to tout Tumpy's business experience... He's a piker compared to any governor of any state.

Except solutions to what ails us spring from the private sector  --- not career politicians. . 

DeSantis needs to put a little meat on his political bones.  He's young and has plenty of time.  In 2028, with two terms as governor under his belt, let him prove himself against Cruz, Paul and others building their experience portfolios.

Right now the Governor is a Trump wannabe.  Why would anyone choose a mini-me when the gold standard is raring to go?   happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2022, 08:27:47 am »
Except solutions to what ails us spring from the private sector  --- not career politicians.

I think that's largely wrong. All things originate privately perhaps, but the way this country is set up, the various states in their sovereignty try and fail or try and solve... To throw out that quintessential federalist remedy is to misunderstand history... 

DeSantis needs to put a little meat on his political bones.  He's young and has plenty of time.  In 2028, with two terms as governor under his belt, let him prove himself against Cruz, Paul and others building their experience portfolios.

Yeah, no. I will take a governor over a senator ANY time. Not long ago, Conservatives were known to turn up their noses at senators... Knowing full well they don't possess the wherewithal to run a state, not to mention the entire country... Tumpy has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that business sector candidates fare no better. Governors are the gold standard.

Right now the Governor is a Trump wannabe.  Why would anyone choose a mini-me when the gold standard is raring to go?   happy77

See above. I don't see him as a wannabe. Not looking toward Tumpy. If that were the case I would throw him out without a second thought.  happy77

Online LMAO

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2022, 04:00:50 pm »

:yowsa:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2022, 04:20:10 pm »

That goes both ways. The Trump Worship Cult and the Trump Hate Cult both rely on strict obedience to the Cult. To my Trump Hating friends, I am a Trump Worshiper. To my Trump Worshiping friends, I am a NeverTrumper. It's strange how that works.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2022, 04:53:27 pm »
That goes both ways. The Trump Worship Cult and the Trump Hate Cult both rely on strict obedience to the Cult. To my Trump Hating friends, I am a Trump Worshiper. To my Trump Worshiping friends, I am a NeverTrumper. It's strange how that works.

That's where I am.  I learned to just slough off the catcalls and remind folks we're still friends after all these years.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2022, 05:35:06 pm »

@Bigun

Don't worry about  it. It is always the whiners who make the most noise.

That doesn't mean there are more of them than there are rational people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2022, 05:38:12 pm »
No offense meant, but no excuses. He was unable to harness his own party, not to mention the whole of government, regardless of the why..

Sophistry.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2022, 05:40:15 pm »
Sophistry.

The farthest thing from it. Practicality.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2022, 05:45:36 pm »

@roamer_1

Let's assume you live at 2525 Big Sky Road, okay?

I need you to run out-front into the middle of the road...look both ways...and then GFY!     :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2022, 05:48:26 pm »
@roamer_1

Let's assume you live at 2525 Big Sky Road, okay?

I need you to run out-front into the middle of the road...look both ways...and then GFY!     :seeya:

@DCPatriot
Your first mistake was in assuming there is a road...
And your second, that I would somehow give a sh*t.
 :seeya:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 05:49:59 pm by roamer_1 »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2022, 06:03:47 pm »
@DCPatriot
Your first mistake was in assuming there is a road...
And your second, that I would somehow give a sh*t.
 :seeya:

You took it exactly in the vein it was offered, @roamer_1   Nothing more...nothing less.     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2022, 06:38:33 pm »
You took it exactly in the vein it was offered, @roamer_1   Nothing more...nothing less.     :beer:

:beer:

BassWrangler

« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2022, 06:55:23 pm »

This isn't about hating Trump. The "Trump hater" and "NeverTrumper" labels are overused here. They are applied by certain individuals to anyone who expresses any criticism of Trump. Because they are not able to mount an effective defense of Trump, they resort to labels and ad hominem attacks on those critical of Trump.

I don't hate Trump. I do want him to bow out of the 2024 race because I think he's done tremendous damage to the country, and I think if we don't get an effective leader in office in 2024 we're screwed (and even if we do, it may be too late).