Author Topic: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done  (Read 6110 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2022, 01:29:16 am »
Once upon a time, years before he entered the political arena, Ron Paul lived a few doors down the street from me in Lake Jackson, Texas.  He signed my youngest son's birth certificate, and played a large role in my economic education.  I will forever be in his debt for that. He is a genius in that area.

I worked on his very first political campaign (we lost that one). Two years later he won and I was on my way to the Middle East.  Rand was still very young at that time and I only came to know him many years later but can tell you that apples don't fall very far from the tree.

I have always admired Dr. Ron Paul and his speeches to me were very inspirational and enlightening.  I read his book "The Revolution A Manifesto" years ago and found it very interesting. In looking back he was very accurate.

On the jacket cover he writes:

"This Much Is True:
You Have Been Lied to.

. The government is expanding.
. Taxes are increasing.
. More seamless wars are being planned.
. Inflation is ballooning.
. Our basic freedoms are disappearing.

I stood before our local Republican Club and defended him instead of McCain, and I was heavily criticized, only for several members to come to me and apologize a few months later.

I felt he was the best man to take this country in a positive direction.

If only members of the GOP would have listened to him.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 01:30:27 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2022, 01:35:14 am »
I have always admired Dr. Ron Paul and his speeches to me were very inspirational and enlightening.  I read his book "The Revolution A Manifesto" years ago and found it very interesting. In looking back he was very accurate.

On the jacket cover he writes:

"This Much Is True:
You Have Been Lied to.

. The government is expanding.
. Taxes are increasing.
. More seamless wars are being planned.
. Inflation is ballooning.
. Our basic freedoms are disappearing.

I stood before our local Republican Club and defended him instead of McCain, and I was heavily criticized, only for several members to come to me and apologize a few months later.

I felt he was the best man to take this country in a positive direction.

If only members of the GOP would have listened to him.  :shrug:

Dr. Paul was known ISB as Dr. No.  The establishment hated him just as they do anyone who gets inside their club and refuses to play their game.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2022, 01:54:42 am »
Dr. Paul was known ISB as Dr. No.  The establishment hated him just as they do anyone who gets inside their club and refuses to play their game.
Ron Paul has a long history of associating with anti-Semitic groups and people.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2022, 03:36:09 am »
I am glad you like Rand Paul.  He is my first choice for POTUS, though I don't think he stands much more of a chance than his father did.  His father is looking very wise these days.

That's probably right, but me too. There is no one else that I would pull the trigger for without any research, without any reservation. Used to be Cruz too - But no more. Rand Paul is it

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2022, 08:36:29 am »
@Sighlass

So why do you and your fellow "class warriors" keep doing it?

Can you show me one post of mine that eludes "class warfare"? Just one (on anyone, not just Trump) ! ...Didn't think so. You know the way to the link to my posts, find me a "Class Warrior" post I did or admit you just make up crap (most folks call it lying) for the sake of saving face. Ping me when you find it, or never ping me again. @sneakypete
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2022, 12:23:24 pm »
Can you show me one post of mine that eludes "class warfare"? Just one (on anyone, not just Trump) ! ...Didn't think so. You know the way to the link to my posts, find me a "Class Warrior" post I did or admit you just make up crap (most folks call it lying) for the sake of saving face. Ping me when you find it, or never ping me again. @sneakypete

@Sighlass

Eat my dirty shorts. I don't work for or take orders from you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2022, 10:39:46 pm »
Hmm.............Trump normal??? Er musta been those times his Mom locked him in the basement.
Mention Trump and his Disciples come to attention and start their drumbeat. So predictable.
Reality, while harsh, sets one free and the Trump reality is plain and simple.
Since the womb, he has been a self-absorbed Narcissist whose core focus has been a fat wallet.
Yet according to his Disciples, he has yet to be recognized as a Man of Achievement in history???
In our time, Koresh and Jonesey of Jonestown seduced their Disciples for years until it ended in
tears & tragedy. But Trump is the exception they insist. Why of course!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 10:59:28 pm by Absalom »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 11:07:43 pm »
Hmm.............Trump normal??? Er musta been those times his Mom locked him in the basement.

Do you make these lies up all by yourself, or is someone else helping you?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

BassWrangler

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2022, 10:23:32 am »
Both men need some maturing before they move up ---- let them stand the test of at least some time before they're given the keys to the kingdom.

This is so hilarious. DeSantis is running one of the most successful states in the union - one that he's turned into a haven for those wanting to escape the blue state insanity. He was also an officer in the military. He routinely gets ahead of the media and manages things so they have a hard time spinning things against him. He stood up to the COVID closet totalitarians in a way no other governor did.

Trump ran one of the most ineffective administrations in the history of the country. He continually made poor hiring decisions, had a never-ending stream of appointments that stabbed him in the back and / or left early. He completely underestimated the "deep State", which proceeded to run roughshod over him. He got tied up in this Russiagate BS and lost 3/4 of his term to it. His continual lack of self control gave the left endless talking points, and his verbal gaffes and reactionary tactics let the media paint him in the most negative of lights. His fumbles and missteps ultimately ushered in Grandpa Badfinger and the other clowns currently running our country into the ground. His selfish, childish temper tantrum post election cost us that Senate seat in Georgia, and hence the Senate.

We all go on and on about how Biden couldn't have gotten 81 million votes with his anemic turnout at his "rallies" - well yeah, there was some unquantified amount of fraud, but Biden got a lot of votes because very few people were enthusiastic about voting FOR Biden; they were enthusiastic about voting AGAINST Trump. Trump's only lasting legacy is his SCOTUS appointments, but you know what? All he did was pick nominees from a list handed to him by Republican staffers. A circus monkey could have performed similarly well on that task.

Oh, but that's right, nothing is ever Trump's fault with some of you. I wish I understood what the attraction was. If nothing else, it would make for a good paper on delusional behavior.

But you say that DeSantis needs experience... LOL, what a joke. What experience does Trump have? Starring in a reality TV show? Making poor hiring decisions? Throwing staff under the bus so frequently that almost no one wanted to work for him? Endorsing every clown that kisses his ring? Cheating on his wife? Beclowning himself in every press conference? Being a 1 term loser? No thanks. I don't think the country can stand another president with that kind of "experience".
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 10:29:29 am by BassWrangler »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2022, 11:19:02 am »
Mention Trump and his Disciples come to attention and start their drumbeat. So predictable.
Since the womb, he has been a self-absorbed Narcissist whose core focus has been a fat wallet.
Yet according to his Disciples, he has yet to be recognized as a Man of Achievement in history???
In our time, Koresh and Jonesey of Jonestown seduced their Disciples for years until it ended in

@Absalom

Class envy and jealousy is never pretty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2022, 11:22:38 am »
This is so hilarious. DeSantis is running one of the most successful states in the union - one that he's turned into a haven for those wanting to escape the blue state insanity. He was also an officer in the military. He routinely gets ahead of the media and manages things so they have a hard time spinning things against him. He stood up to the COVID closet totalitarians in a way no other governor did.

Trump ran one of the most ineffective administrations in the history of the country. He continually made poor hiring decisions, had a never-ending stream of appointments that stabbed him in the back and / or left early. He completely underestimated the "deep State", which proceeded to run roughshod over him. He got tied up in this Russiagate BS and lost 3/4 of his term to it. His continual lack of self control gave the left endless talking points, and his verbal gaffes and reactionary tactics let the media paint him in the most negative of lights. His fumbles and missteps ultimately ushered in Grandpa Badfinger and the other clowns currently running our country into the ground. His selfish, childish temper tantrum post election cost us that Senate seat in Georgia, and hence the Senate.

We all go on and on about how Biden couldn't have gotten 81 million votes with his anemic turnout at his "rallies" - well yeah, there was some unquantified amount of fraud, but Biden got a lot of votes because very few people were enthusiastic about voting FOR Biden; they were enthusiastic about voting AGAINST Trump. Trump's only lasting legacy is his SCOTUS appointments, but you know what? All he did was pick nominees from a list handed to him by Republican staffers. A circus monkey could have performed similarly well on that task.

Oh, but that's right, nothing is ever Trump's fault with some of you. I wish I understood what the attraction was. If nothing else, it would make for a good paper on delusional behavior.

But you say that DeSantis needs experience... LOL, what a joke. What experience does Trump have? Starring in a reality TV show? Making poor hiring decisions? Throwing staff under the bus so frequently that almost no one wanted to work for him? Endorsing every clown that kisses his ring? Cheating on his wife? Beclowning himself in every press conference? Being a 1 term loser? No thanks. I don't think the country can stand another president with that kind of "experience".

@Bass Wrangler

Envy and jealously drips off every word you wrote.

BassWrangler

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2022, 12:51:35 pm »
@Bass Wrangler

Envy and jealously drips off every word you wrote.

LOL! Envious of what? I'm not running for President. I'd just like to see someone more like Reagan and less like Bozo the Clown on the next ballot.

No, you're mistaking frustration for envy. I'm frustrated that this clown bumbled his way through 4 years, handed the Democrats a victory that may spell the end of our country, and you people are still defending him and dismissing quality candidates in favor of this buffoon. He had his chance. He lost. If he wasn't such an ego maniac he would bow out like every other 1 term president.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2022, 03:42:27 pm »
LOL! Envious of what? I'm not running for President. I'd just like to see someone more like Reagan and less like Bozo the Clown on the next ballot.

No, you're mistaking frustration for envy. I'm frustrated that this clown bumbled his way through 4 years, handed the Democrats a victory that may spell the end of our country, and you people are still defending him and dismissing quality candidates in favor of this buffoon. He had his chance. He lost. If he wasn't such an ego maniac he would bow out like every other 1 term president.

I never thought it was "envy," that's just not you.  I see your points, and I hope Trump backs off in 2024 because DeStantis would be good, and he has the relevant Executive experience.  He won't make the same mistakes. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2022, 03:43:01 pm »
I never thought it was "envy," that's just not you.  I see your points, and I hope Trump backs off in 2024 because DeStantis would be good, and he has the relevant Executive experience.  He won't make the same mistakes. 

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2022, 04:06:03 pm »

I agree, DeSantis is doing a good job in Florida and I'm hoping he's reelected.  But remember, he's doing all this good stuff with a Republican controlled statehouse.  On the pandemic.  After some draconian measures taken through Aug 2020, DeSantis joined other governors reopening Florida in a thoughtul manner.  I give him the highest marks for making antibody treatments available around the state.

Other than this, all I really know about DeSantis is he a Trump wannabe.  But I'm not seeing the skillset  .... yet.  Hopefully, with another term as governor and with some political pushback from his statehouse, I'll get a better sense of his abiiity to maneuver and govern when the seas get choppy.  I'd also like more information on DeSantis' international and global economic acumen.

But you say that DeSantis needs experience... LOL, what a joke. What experience does Trump have? [...].

Trump entered the Oval Office actually knowing how global and national economies work, with a worldview developed  over a lifetime ----recognizing 20 years ago the threat China is and unnecessary wars as the waste of blood and treasure they are.  He came with the acumen to globally negotiate on behalf of American workers ---- the people he intrinsically knows are the engine of this nation.  Trump brought no fear of a political third rail, as he proved with immigration:  This is our country and you must wait your turn to come here and sign the guest book.  To reinforce this he built a wall and negotiated (that skill again) a "You Keep 'Em" deal with Mexico.

Donald Trump brought a lifetime of experience in the REAL world to the Oval Office and a life that had been an open book --- not a life created by political consultants.  Both have served the President and the American people well.  Both have turned his political enemies barking mad.

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2022, 04:11:46 pm »

Do you agree with BW that Trump "handed a victory to the Democrats" in 2020?   @Cyber Liberty

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2022, 04:13:54 pm »

You embarrass your Ancients with this.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2022, 04:17:53 pm »
Do you agree with BW that Trump "handed a victory to the Democrats" in 2020?   @Cyber Liberty

No, 2020 was stolen.  I watched it live in AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2022, 05:24:59 pm »

:yowsa: Late night illegal votes dumps in a few major cities in six states and the deed was done.  When Texas and twenty-five other states tried to fix it via SCOTUS they were told they lacked "standing" and the republic died!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2022, 05:26:18 pm »

Thanks.  I thought I remembered that.

BassWrangler

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2022, 05:35:06 pm »

I'll take your word for that, but AZ by itself isn't enough to have swung the election. And even if all the states Trump claims had nefarious activities did, it wouldn't have been within the margin of fraud if Trump wasn't such a buffoon.

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2022, 05:35:38 pm »
:yowsa: Late night illegal votes dumps in a few major cities in six states and the deed was done.  When Texas and twenty-five other states tried to fix it via SCOTUS they were told they lacked "standing" and the republic died!

My head continues to explode a little when I remember state after state simultaneously stopping the count and going dark.   I still can't find the words to describe what I was feeling.   

And, please, don't start me on the indescribable abdication of duty by the Supreme Court.  9999hair out0000

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2022, 06:00:43 pm »
71 million votes but he is done
Countdown to Resignation

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2022, 06:03:42 pm »

[...]

That's right. DeSantis' experience as a successful governor used to be prerequisite among Conservatives, and the American public at large - We tend to favor those who have proven themselves in a way that predicts how they will act in their term - And nothing is closer to a presidency than a governorship to show real world, applicable abilities.

And governors tend to be the 'outsider' that Tumpy claims... They may have had  time in DC as a rep or a senator, but push comes to shove, each state is a different environment and solving problems there often brings unorthodox solutions.

I can vote for DeSantis. So far he is tickin all the boxes... Now, that does not mean I will as yet - I won't REALLY visit the options until the silly season...

As for Tumpy, I have made my opinion known here well enough for folks to know I will heartily agree with you in that too - Just trying not to beat a dead horse.

GREAT POST! And nice to see you btw - I mighta just been missing you in the threads, but it seems like a long time since I have read a post.

:beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2022, 06:06:29 pm »

That's right.