Author Topic: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done  (Read 6125 times)

Offline Absalom

Re: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2022, 05:52:48 pm »
Can you make a point without insulting the person you're disagreeing with? I think you've done it a half dozen times already in this thread alone. Constantly replying with semi-veiled intimations that the other person is stupid is neither a good way to make a point nor is it evidence of a superior intellect.
------------------------
Bass, respectfully, an observation.
As history affirms, times of severe stress predictably expose the best and worst in individuals & their cultures;
while during such times, political absolutist idealogues become a scourge whether they be Leaders or Disciples.
These know-it-all embarrassments insist they own the truth and it is their calling to impose it on the rest of society.
This is the Orbit of Trumpism and as history affirms, it always ends in tears and tragedy.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2022, 06:05:56 pm »
------------------------
Bass, respectfully, an observation.
As history affirms, times of severe stress predictably expose the best and worst in individuals & their cultures;
while during such times, political absolutist idealogues become a scourge whether they be Leaders or Disciples.
These know-it-all embarrassments insist they own the truth and it is their calling to impose it on the rest of society.
This is the Orbit of Trumpism and as history affirms, it always ends in tears and tragedy.

You sound angry, bro.  Are the Ancients skipping your seances??

Offline LMAO

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2022, 06:11:46 pm »
There is an emotional attachment some have with Donald Trump. You should never have an emotional attachment to any politician or anybody who wields power. In fact, even those who I vote for I have a certain amount of healthy mistrust

So when they see any critique of what they have that emotional bond to, you see the reaction they have.

You saw that same type of behavior with those who backed Barack Obama
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 06:16:00 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2022, 06:13:45 pm »
@sneakypete

Immaterial to the point. And exactly why the travesty of do-nothing Republicans is continual and ongoing. They need only be slightly better than Democrats and they are never called to the carpet. That is a bar slung so low as to be nonexistent.

*shrugs* I don't give a sh*t about leftism on the left. That is expected, and since I am not on the left, my complaint is without power. So why bother? y'all don't need anymore whiners and criers  at your pity party that can DO nothing. Had you done something when you had power, well that would be another thing... And THAT is the point.

So whine and cry and throw dirt in the air, but when y'all get into power, demand nothing... It has worked so well thus far.  *****rollingeyes***** **nononono*

What I CAN rise against is leftism practiced from the RIGHT. And if you expect me not to complain, then don't support it. Vote for a Conservative next time.

Exactly

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Absalom

« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2022, 06:20:20 pm »
There is an emotional attachment some have with Donald Trump. You should never have an emotional attachment to any politician or anybody who wields power.
--------------------------
Intuitive, as absolute power corrupts absolutely!!!!

BassWrangler

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2022, 07:14:19 pm »
BTW, @BassWrangler   You've told me how the President annoyed you and in your estimation wounded the GOP (which the data dosn't support).  I've not heard how President Trump did "tremendous damage to the country".  I'm still interested in knowing where and how .... if you care to let me know.

Thanks.

I've said it 3 times now. But I'll say it once more in the interest of a healthy discussion. His childish and somewhat alarming behavior turned off many people, who then felt they had no choice but to vote for the Democrat. I think this completely explains the high turnout for Biden when he wasn't able to attract anyone to his rallies. I know that you think this was all Democrat cheating, but I don't agree.

I mean you have to admit that it's a bit alarming to think of the guy controlling the nuclear codes being someone who can't control his base impulses. He created a rift in the GOP, that may never heal (but perhaps that's just exposing what was already there beneath the surface), and I think there's a good chance if he runs and loses that he'll throw a tantrum and create a Democrat wins in perpetuity.

And as I've said numerous times, I don't think he was completely without his positives. I just think he had his chance and should be content playing kingmaker and let someone younger and with better impulse control and leadership qualities take the ball from here.

BassWrangler

« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2022, 07:17:25 pm »
I think one of the aspects of the ongoing Trump War is the declarations that people can't be friends if they're on the "wrong side."  Then there's the stomping off thing....

Not sure if that's directed at me or not. If it is, I would counter that I did not stomp off - I just decided not to spend much time here anymore because I've heard all the Trump-is-god arguments 100 times. I find them neither compelling nor novel, and quite frankly it's exhausting. I can see from this thread that the same folks are going to queue up and repeat the same mistake they made in 2015/2016.

And as for the site being a place to see breaking news, there are better options (GETTR is the one I'm favoring at the moment).

BassWrangler

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2022, 07:17:59 pm »
There is an emotional attachment some have with Donald Trump. You should never have an emotional attachment to any politician or anybody who wields power. In fact, even those who I vote for I have a certain amount of healthy mistrust

So when they see any critique of what they have that emotional bond to, you see the reaction they have.

You saw that same type of behavior with those who backed Barack Obama

That's a good point.

BassWrangler

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2022, 07:18:49 pm »
You sound angry, bro.  Are the Ancients skipping your seances??

LOL!  :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2022, 07:26:39 pm »
And as for the site being a place to see breaking news, there are better options (GETTR is the one I'm favoring at the moment).

Just to be clear..TBR has never been a *news source ie breaking news* We are just a forum where we come together to discuss the news.

If there is breaking news, of course I am going to post it and hopefully members will discuss it..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2022, 08:29:06 pm »
I will no longer participate in the Trump/anti-Trump war on this site.  I will state my position once, and my reasons for adopting it,  and move on. IMHO it would be very nice if others did the same.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2022, 08:37:43 pm »
I will no longer participate in the Trump/anti-Trump war on this site.  I will state my position once, and my reasons for adopting it,  and move on. IMHO it would be very nice if others did the same.

Excellent post...and boy do I agree....everybody needs to move on..let's concentrate on 2022 elections...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2022, 08:41:03 pm »
Excellent post...and boy do I agree....everybody needs to move on..let's concentrate on 2022 elections...

I agree.  Time for the Lock.

Let's find new ground on other threads....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2022, 05:29:59 am »

I agree. I'll be moving on as well. I no longer find the conversation here enjoyable or interesting, so why stay and why continue to give up my own personal time to maintain the site?

Best wishes all. Anyone that wants to find me can find me as user BassWrangler on GETTR .
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 06:01:26 am by BassWrangler »