Author Topic: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done  (Read 6190 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2022, 01:25:57 am »
I think we're about to find out.  Unfortunately, probably sooner rather than later.  I fear for my children and grandchildren.

God help us all and I pray that he stops the evil that keeps prevailing in this country.

As do I! I pray every day for that result!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 01:47:39 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2022, 02:27:17 am »
Sorry, but I'm just not buying into the theory that more people voted for Dementia Joe over Trump and that we received a fair election.

I believe that a huge problem lies within the RNC; specifically with the chairwoman being Mittens' niece.  Ronna did no favors in getting Trump re-elected. She primarily went to rallies and kept count of attendees and proclaimed he would be re-elected. She should have been strategically deploying poll watchers and encouraging the state Republican committees to get their people involved in being precinct captains, etc. 

I certainly don't have all the answers.  All I know is that our SCOTUS turned its back on this country by not hearing election fraud cases and our country is on the very brink of sinking into any abyss.

Right now Joe is planning to deploy troops to Europe.  IMO, any way you cut it, I would absolutely feel better with Trump at the helm then with Joe. That to me is definitely not meaningless.

Yeah, but the conversation isn't about whether Trump or Biden is better. It's about whether some Republican other than Trump would be better than Trump running against the Dem for 2024.

BassWrangler

« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2022, 02:31:35 am »
IMO,  you lack the ability to interconnect different dimensions of reality.  There's no need to keep proving this; I am already convinced.

Can you make a point without insulting the person you're disagreeing with? I think you've done it a half dozen times already in this thread alone. Constantly replying with semi-veiled intimations that the other person is stupid is neither a good way to make a point nor is it evidence of a superior intellect.

BassWrangler

« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2022, 02:32:30 am »
@roamer_1  @Right_in_Virginia

These people claim to want change,and what do they do,whine about how Trump was "out of touch with the party and ineffective because of it."

What they REALLY want,and won't even admit to themselves,is a party regular who will whisper the same sweet lies into their ears about change,and do business as usual,selling out America for profits and power.

But,"Hey! At least he won't make any waves,won't be rude,and won't be a legitimate Billionaire who owes no one nothing,right?

After all,what we need is a leader who owes political favors to everyone in sight from 20+ years of being a professional pol!"

How about you stop telling the rest of us what we want. I know what I want. You don't.

BassWrangler

« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2022, 02:35:16 am »
...but let's pick at the nits of the most recent Republican President.  That's bound to be constructive.

What a disappointing reply. I expected better from you. The point isn't to "pick nits"; it's to make the case that the country will be better off if someone else is heading the Republican ticket in 2024. Judging by the responses here, that case badly needs to be vocalized. If Trump wasn't actively dropping hints about running in 2024, I wouldn't give him a second thought.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:42:52 am by BassWrangler »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2022, 02:35:29 am »
Yeah, but the conversation isn't about whether Trump or Biden is better. It's about whether some Republican other than Trump would be better than Trump running against the Dem for 2024.

Yes, I understand that, but back to my point.  If not Trump running in '24, then who?  There are some who I feel are definitely qualified, but again, who has the backbone and tenacity that will be needed to go up against the accusations and mud slinging from the leftists?  Trump did a darn good job of withstanding the bogus Russian collusion and impeachments and still led the country.  What GOP candidate is going to want to stick their neck out like that?  You know darn well that they will dig up dirt on whoever runs; and it'll be dirt that they make up, just like the Russian collusion b.s.

The leftists will relentlessly attack whoever runs, be it Cruz, Pompeo, Noem, Paul, Jordan, etc. Who wants to go through that?

Granted, it's a little early in the game as we need to see how the mid terms go (I have serious doubts of GOP victory), but no one has proclaimed that they are definitely going to run in '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

BassWrangler

« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2022, 02:41:06 am »
Yes, I understand that, but back to my point.  If not Trump running in '24, then who?  There are some who I feel are definitely qualified, but again, who has the backbone and tenacity that will be needed to go up against the accusations and mud slinging from the leftists?  Trump did a darn good job of withstanding the bogus Russian collusion and impeachments and still led the country.  What GOP candidate is going to want to stick their neck out like that?  You know darn well that they will dig up dirt on whoever runs; and it'll be dirt that they make up, just like the Russian collusion b.s.

The leftists will relentlessly attack whoever runs, be it Cruz, Pompeo, Noem, Paul, Jordan, etc. Who wants to go through that?

Granted, it's a little early in the game as we need to see how the mid terms go (I have serious doubts of GOP victory), but no one has proclaimed that they are definitely going to run in '24.

Of the folks I've seen mentioned so far, I think DeSantis is the best option. He definitely stands up to the media and the Dems like Trump does. He doesn't step on his Johnson 50 times a day, and I don't see a revolving door of staff like I did with Trump. There's over 300 million people in this country. Surely there's a better option than the guy who failed utterly and completely in his first term.

BassWrangler

« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2022, 04:51:01 am »
Here's a great example of the kind of damage Trump does. Two more very poorly thought out endorsements:

https://gettr.com/post/pqliyva9dc

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2022, 06:59:31 am »
I don't hate Trump. I do want him to bow out of the 2024 race because I think he's done tremendous damage to the country ...

What is this tremendous damage you reference?

That Trump stood up for American citizens   ---- securing our Southern border through all means available?  rengotiating NAFTA?  reducing income taxes?  ending legalized theft of the US through the Paris Climate Agreement?  making the US energy independent?  backing the funding of the blue? lowering unemployment rates to historic levels for all races? 

That Trump stood tall and the US was respected on the internatonal stage  ---- moving our embassy to Jerusalem?  ending our direct involvement in the Syrian civil war?  securing additional payment from NATO members?  ending the Iran nuclear give away deal?  preparing the world  and Afghanistan for the well-planned and secure withdrawal of troops from GW Bush's war while maintaining control of Bagram and any remaining military hardware?  the Abraham Accords?  brokering the deal normalizing economic ties between Serbia and Kosovo?  getting NK to stop with the missle tests and open to the possibility of normalized relations with SK --- without escalating military threats?

That Trump embraced  and promoted the American dream and our American inheritance?   (Video--Trump voice-over from SOTU 2020)

https://youtu.be/qlrZfMT6Xm0

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 07:05:35 am by Right_in_Virginia »

BassWrangler

« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2022, 08:09:09 am »
What is this tremendous damage you reference?

That Trump stood up for American citizens   ---- securing our Southern border through all means available?  rengotiating NAFTA?  reducing income taxes?  ending legalized theft of the US through the Paris Climate Agreement?  making the US energy independent?  backing the funding of the blue? lowering unemployment rates to historic levels for all races? 

That Trump stood tall and the US was respected on the internatonal stage  ---- moving our embassy to Jerusalem?  ending our direct involvement in the Syrian civil war?  securing additional payment from NATO members?  ending the Iran nuclear give away deal?  preparing the world  and Afghanistan for the well-planned and secure withdrawal of troops from GW Bush's war while maintaining control of Bagram and any remaining military hardware?  the Abraham Accords?  brokering the deal normalizing economic ties between Serbia and Kosovo?  getting NK to stop with the missle tests and open to the possibility of normalized relations with SK --- without escalating military threats?

That Trump embraced  and promoted the American dream and our American inheritance?   (Video--Trump voice-over from SOTU 2020)

https://youtu.be/qlrZfMT6Xm0

Gee, there's so many to choose from, but here are a few:

His continual inability to shut his pie hole and think about what he was going to do or say before doing it or saying it led to a never ending stream of public relations disasters. Literally almost every day there was an example of this.

(The above in turn handed the Dems the wins they needed to take control of the WH. I'm sure you'll blame it on election fraud, but a competent president like Reagan would have had such a blowout that the fraud wouldn't have been able to swing the election)

His inability to prepare before taking office with properly vetted staffers led to a continual stream reactionary hires of incompetents and back-stabbers. His constantly throwing staffers under the bus for his mistakes demoralized the good folks which led to a revolving door of staff and eventually to extreme difficulty in hiring. They couldn't even fill all the open positions in 4 years.

His inability to properly vet candidates before endorsing them have led to some excellent candidates getting passed over because Trump was too quick to endorse the first person to kiss his ass. Some recent examples are shown in my post above.

His comments after the general election and before the Georgia senate runoff depressed turnout in the runoff which in turn handed the Dems the Senate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2022, 11:31:10 am »
No doubt, but it's all meaningless because every one of those positive changes was erased within the first two weeks of the Biden administration. If he wasn't shooting his mouth off and playing around on Twitter, perhaps he could have won a second term and helped get us a majority in the house and senate.

@BassWrangler

Now you are blaming him for losing an election the Dims stole using voter fraud?

What next,original sin?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2022, 11:34:01 am »
That's right, right there - The more important emphasis is in insisting on real governance, real laws, and not governing by EO.

That requires control of Congress, and for that control to have any worth, it requires a majority of Conservatives in those houses, with their hands on the levers of power.

And now we are back to a real and effective political machine that will do the will of the Right.

Farting around with anything less is exactly that... Farting around.

@roamer_1

We are?????

I can only assume you are speaking of the Biden Administration because thanks to people like you who cheered the alleged Trump defeat,the Dims stole the election.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2022, 11:37:43 am »
PICK NITS??? TWENTY FRIGGIN TRILLION NITS.

I can't believe how easily so many pass that over.

@roamer_1

Please splain to the rest of us who are not as bright as you,HOW ANYTHING is better under your boy Biden?

I write "Your Boy Biden" because you spend MUCH more time complaining about Trump,who is no longer in office,than you do the current occupant of the WH.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2022, 11:42:43 am »
How about you stop telling the rest of us what we want. I know what I want. You don't.

@BassWrangler

The blind child-like hatred of Trump because he was born into wealth is plain to see.

Heal thyself.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2022, 11:45:15 am »
What a disappointing reply. I expected better from you. The point isn't to "pick nits"; it's to make the case that the country will be better off if someone else is heading the Republican ticket in 2024. Judging by the responses here, that case badly needs to be vocalized. If Trump wasn't actively dropping hints about running in 2024, I wouldn't give him a second thought.

@BassWrangler

Since none of them have the stones to go after their brother Dims,just exactly WHO do you think is going to stand up against them and win the nomination and the election?

IF Trump is the nominee,will you vote for him or not?

BassWrangler

« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2022, 11:53:25 am »
@BassWrangler

Now you are blaming him for losing an election the Dims stole using voter fraud?

What next,original sin?

Exceptional men find a way to overcome. Losers make excuses. A recurring theme in the Trump Admin is that he was *never* prepared. He Was constantly reacting, often with nothing more than petulant name calling, and almost never proactive. We all know Dems cheat. Given what they pulled with RussiaGate, why wasn't his campaign prepared? They didn't even have lawyers ready to file suit, which is how we ended up with these buffoons like Lin Wood filling in the gaps. Biden had an army of lawyers ready to go.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 11:58:24 am by BassWrangler »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2022, 12:01:41 pm »
Exceptional men find a way to overcome. Losers make excuses. A recurring theme in the Trump Admin is that he was *never* prepared. He Was constantly reacting, often with nothing more than petulant name calling, and almost never proactive. We all know Dems cheat. Given what they pulled with RussiaGate, why wasn't his campaign prepared? They didn't even have lawyers ready to file suit, which is how we ended up with these buffoons like Lin Wood filling in the gaps. Biden had an army of lawyers ready to go.

@BassWrangler

Cheesy to go with the whine?

Name the "exceptional candidate of your choice" that should have won who would have been more successful.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 12:03:09 pm by sneakypete »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2022, 12:54:12 pm »
Gee, there's so many to choose from, but here are a few:

His continual inability to shut his pie hole and think about what he was going to do or say before doing it or saying it led to a never ending stream of public relations disasters. Literally almost every day there was an example of this.

This has always confused me.  How did the President going over Pelosi's and the media's megaphones directly to the people do "tremendous damage to the country"?

(The above in turn handed the Dems the wins they needed to take control of the WH. I'm sure you'll blame it on election fraud, but a competent president like Reagan would have had such a blowout that the fraud wouldn't have been able to swing the election)

The democrats were handed no such thing. 

We'll never know how often Reagan would have tweeted or how well he would have survived two impeachments, but President Trump picked up an additional 11+ miillion votes in his run for a second term giving him the largest vote total of any incumbent President --- including Clinton (Trump 74M, Clinton 47M),  Bush (Trump 74M, Bush 62M),  and Reagan (Trump 74M, Reagan 54M)

If not for the targeted, coordinated election and voter fraud, Trump won an electoral landslide.  Since you think this never happened, I'll move on.
Except ... how does someone receive 81M votes without 81M legal voters?  Okay, I'll drop it.   

His inability to prepare before taking office with properly vetted staffers led to a continual stream reactionary hires of incompetents and back-stabbers. His constantly throwing staffers under the bus for his mistakes demoralized the good folks which led to a revolving door of staff and eventually to extreme difficulty in hiring. They couldn't even fill all the open positions in 4 years.

His inability to properly vet candidates before endorsing them have led to some excellent candidates getting passed over because Trump was too quick to endorse the first person to kiss his ass. Some recent examples are shown in my post above.

I hear this a lot.  But no one ever tells me who he should have selected; and for what position.    Feel like taking a shot at this?

His comments after the general election and before the Georgia senate runoff depressed turnout in the runoff which in turn handed the Dems the Senate.

The President held two rallies for the candidates in the GA Senate race.  It really isn't Trump's fault that neither candidate would even give lip service to agreeing with the tens of thousands roaring "Fight for Trump!" and "Fix the Fraud!".  The corruption, aided and abetted by the Gov. and SOS, was well known by these folks.  But this goes back to the coordinated election and voter fraud you don't believe happened.   

BTW, if not for the President imploring the Republicans to vote at these rallies and tweeting  :terror:  dozens of reminders, Republicans would have stayed home en masse.  It also didn't help that Mcconnell, like you, denied there was any fraud.  Mitch stepped on his own d**k with this announcement.

So, tell me  ---- how did President Trump cause "tremendous damage to the country"?     Thanks.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2022, 01:02:20 pm »

Mitch stepped on his own d**k with this announcement.

He stomped on EVERYONE's "privates" when he did this.

Things like this are why he is called "Mitch,the Bitch".

BassWrangler

« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2022, 01:16:13 pm »
This has always confused me.  How did the President going over Pelosi's and the media's megaphones directly to the people do "tremendous damage to the country"?

The damage is it enabled a Democrat sweep both houses and the executive. It's not that he went around the media - I'm fine with that. It's that his usual message was short (Twitter-sized) responses that consisted mostly of name calling. It was like listening to 10 year old boys name calling on the playground. That kind of thing obviously plays well with you, but a sizeable percentage of the electorate is completely horrified by a POTUS responding like a petulant 6th grader. This is how Biden got a big percentage of that 80 million votes - people voting AGAINST Trump, not FOR Biden.

We'll never know how often Reagan would have tweeted or how well he would have survived two impeachments, but President Trump picked up an additional 11+ miillion votes in his run for a second term giving him the largest vote total of any incumbent President --- including Clinton (Trump 74M, Clinton 47M),  Bush (Trump 74M, Bush 62M),  and Reagan (Trump 74M, Reagan 54M)

If not for the targeted, coordinated election and voter fraud, Trump won an electoral landslide.  Since you think this never happened, I'll move on.
Except ... how does someone receive 81M votes without 81M legal voters?  Okay, I'll drop it.   
See above. If made this point several times, so I assume you're not actually reading my responses fully, and for that reason I'm not going to waste any more of my time trying to convince the cult member they shouldn't have drunk the kool-aid.

I hear this a lot.  But no one ever tells me who he should have selected; and for what position.    Feel like taking a shot at this?

I posted two examples above - again, further evidence you just want to spew your Trump love and aren't interested in actually listening to the opposing position.

The President held two rallies for the candidates in the GA Senate race.  It really isn't Trump's fault that neither candidate would even give lip service to agreeing with the tens of thousands roaring "Fight for Trump!" and "Fix the Fraud!".  The corruption, aided and abetted by the Gov. and SOS, was well known by these folks.  But this goes back to the coordinated election and voter fraud you don't believe happened.   

He had those two rallies, after running his mouth about how there was no point in voting due to fraud. Again, a reactionary move trying to undo his screw-up. No impulse control at all - just runs his mouth regardless of the consequences.

BTW, if not for the President imploring the Republicans to vote at these rallies and tweeting  :terror:  dozens of reminders, Republicans would have stayed home en masse.  It also didn't help that Mcconnell, like you, denied there was any fraud.  Mitch stepped on his own d**k with this announcement.

I'm from Georgia. Most of my family is still there. You have no idea what you're talking about.

So, tell me  ---- how did President Trump cause "tremendous damage to the country"?     Thanks.

I already have - multiple times now. You know you act a lot like some leftists do - secure in your logic-proof bubble, no counter-arguments will get through, but if someone pokes the bubble hard enough you get quite testy.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 01:17:31 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2022, 03:35:17 pm »
Here's a great example of the kind of damage Trump does. Two more very poorly thought out endorsements:

https://gettr.com/post/pqliyva9dc

He does pick some poor candidates, Martha McSally being a notable one.  I knew that one was sure to lose her Senate race in AZ.  I hope that doesn't disappoint....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2022, 04:30:37 pm »
The damage is it enabled a Democrat sweep both houses and the executive.

The democrats stole the WH through voter and election fraud (whether or not you believe it)

The democrats did not "sweep" both houses of Congress.  Pelosi lost a total of 13 seats and entered 2021 with a narrow 222–213 House majority, the narrowest since 2000.  In addition to picking up 13 seats -----for the first time every single, solitary Republican in the House won his or her reelection in November 2020.

Schumer had a net gain of three seats, where two were courtesy of McConnell stepping on his own d**k.

@BassWrangler

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 06:07:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2022, 04:35:37 pm »
@roamer_1

We are?????

I can only assume you are speaking of the Biden Administration because thanks to people like you who cheered the alleged Trump defeat,the Dims stole the election.

No, I am not... Neither am I speaking of Tumpy the Clown and his 'machine', that was so inept that it could not get anything done in two years with an administration and BOTH houses of Congress.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2022, 04:39:54 pm »
BTW, @BassWrangler   You've told me how the President annoyed you and in your estimation wounded the GOP (which the data dosn't support).  I've not heard how President Trump did "tremendous damage to the country".  I'm still interested in knowing where and how .... if you care to let me know.

Thanks.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2022, 04:50:12 pm »
@roamer_1

Please splain to the rest of us who are not as bright as you,HOW ANYTHING is better under your boy Biden?

@sneakypete

Immaterial to the point. And exactly why the travesty of do-nothing Republicans is continual and ongoing. They need only be slightly better than Democrats and they are never called to the carpet. That is a bar slung so low as to be nonexistent.

I write "Your Boy Biden" because you spend MUCH more time complaining about Trump,who is no longer in office,than you do the current occupant of the WH.

*shrugs* I don't give a sh*t about leftism on the left. That is expected, and since I am not on the left, my complaint is without power. So why bother? y'all don't need anymore whiners and criers  at your pity party that can DO nothing. Had you done something when you had power, well that would be another thing... And THAT is the point.

So whine and cry and throw dirt in the air, but when y'all get into power, demand nothing... It has worked so well thus far.  *****rollingeyes***** **nononono*

What I CAN rise against is leftism practiced from the RIGHT. And if you expect me not to complain, then don't support it. Vote for a Conservative next time.