Author Topic: White House Helpless As Oil Prices Climb Higher  (Read 391 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Helpless As Oil Prices Climb Higher
« on: January 18, 2022, 03:57:34 pm »

Editor OilPrice.com
Mon, January 17, 2022, 6:00 PM

When President Joe Biden announced plans to release up to 50 million barrels of oil from the strategic petroleum reserve to lower retail fuel prices, many analysts warned that any effect this move would have would be short-lived. Indeed, prices dropped for a very short while and are now on the climb again, with the number of three-digit price forecasts growing.

The strategic reserve release was already a desperate attempt to put a lid on gasoline prices, pushed up by crude oil prices, themselves the result of a faster rebound in global demand and production constraints among OPEC members. The Omicron variant of the coronavirus, like the SPR release plans, had a transitory negative effect on benchmarks, but before long, they were once again on the rise.

Morgan Stanley expects Brent crude to reach $90 per barrel later this year. This is also the price forecast of Goldman. JP Morgan recently said that crude could reach and exceed $100 this year, noting the decline in OPEC spare production capacity. The latest to join the bullish choir is Vitol, whose head for Asian operations told Bloomberg last week that oil had further up to go because of tight supply.

more
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/white-house-helpless-oil-prices-000000720.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9mcmVlcmVwdWJsaWMuY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAL0f9g-_9AfBLeGsEOMj7E3xbUcyDZLpSk1jVgIUA_QbNvW-MerSuReSPzYu21MEkqKyJ4p2NTWlPlnFpXGL17QTAgJaJMEadyNklYqPcVvPVeGQupRNKEsLq8Nf7lYnrUmMp4lBflpxQfrm9am6G3R1YWV3emVl4QgKQXlLw0wA
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: White House Helpless As Oil Prices Climb Higher
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 04:02:01 pm »
Study what Reagan and Volker did in the early 1980s to tame stagflation, and consider adopting similar policies.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 06:22:01 pm »
Study what Reagan and Volker did in the early 1980s to tame stagflation, and consider adopting similar policies.

My little grandson has more financial savvy than this brain dead son of a bitch, and clown cronies. 

See the stimulus thread just above this one?  Their strategy is just to pour more gas on the fire.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 06:23:09 pm »
The White House isn't helpless.  The White House is complicit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 06:23:18 pm »
My little grandson has more financial savvy than this brain dead son of a bitch, and clown cronies. 

See the stimulus thread just above this one?  Their strategy is just to pour more gas on the fire.

I know.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 07:35:33 pm »

I don’t know if that will work now?  It did work in the 80s but we had to go through one or two horrible recessions. And we’re nearly $30 trillion in debt with a debt to GDP ratio of well over 100% unlike the 80s

Had Reagan ran for a second term in 1981 or 1982, he would have lost handily. Fortunately, we came out of that recession of the early 80s much better. By 1984, Reagan was untouchable for reelection

We’re currently being run by people who believe  in Modern Monetary Theory
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 07:56:17 pm »
Supply side economics ... drill, baby, drill!

Scarcity creates value.  Every well that can't be drilled, every pipeline that can't be built, every refinery that can't expand, every LNG facility that is halted - just makes the existing supply that much more valuable. $$$

Liberals can't understand competitive free market economics because they think everything comes from the government, like free USDA surplus cheese.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 08:05:31 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 10:23:42 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington